Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F-sport Springs on a GS460????

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-09, 12:45 PM
LexFather

Henry I'm trying to get info on who is the person(s) in charge of the F-sport program. They need help. PERIOD.

They need someone COMMITTED to the program and some enthusiasts. If they do have them I hope they are not caught up in red tape.

I mean we have seen the GS at one car show. They have been no reviews on the GS 350 F-sport and the promotion is great but dealers seem to not be pushing it at all outside of Sewell!!

NExt thing we know F-sport is canceled b/c people didn't buy (like L-tuned) but Lexus did NOT put in the true effort.

Now we have conflicting info on the parts and now they are really ONLY for the GS 350? It makes me feel the GS was just a damn afterthought.

1. Springs for 350 only\
2. Shocks for 350 only
Intake, brakes, wheels (i mean they aren't ANY wider and the GS is larger than the IS) from the IS F-sport program.

It kinda makes me feel like an idiot promoting it to other people
Old 07-22-09, 12:48 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Henry I'm trying to get info on who is the person(s) in charge of the F-sport program. They need help. PERIOD.

They need someone COMMITTED to the program and some enthusiasts. If they do have them I hope they are not caught up in red tape.

I mean we have seen the GS at one car show. They have been no reviews on the GS 350 F-sport and the promotion is great but dealers seem to not be pushing it at all outside of Sewell!!

NExt thing we know F-sport is canceled b/c people didn't buy (like L-tuned) but Lexus did NOT put in the true effort.

Now we have conflicting info on the parts and now they are really ONLY for the GS 350? It makes me feel the GS was just a damn afterthought.

1. Springs for 350 only\
2. Shocks for 350 only
Intake, brakes, wheels (i mean they aren't ANY wider and the GS is larger than the IS) from the IS F-sport program.

It kinda makes me feel like an idiot promoting it to other people
Amen! Awomen! A-whomever, but nicely done!

Lee
Old 07-22-09, 12:57 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeladisky
Tanabe says "no" by the way...

Lee
tanabe said "no" because they probably didn't test the springs on a 460.
Old 07-22-09, 01:07 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
tanabe said "no" because they probably didn't test the springs on a 460.
Almost exactly, verbatim, what they said...

Lee
Old 07-22-09, 01:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

mike you hit it completely. they need someone more dedicated to the program and can actually deal with an excel sheet and figure out all the combo. come on, for crying out loud, lexus has access to ALL these models and options down to the last detail, and they can't figure out the possibility for each one of them? imho that's unacceptable.
Old 07-22-09, 01:56 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
mike you hit it completely. they need someone more dedicated to the program and can actually deal with an excel sheet and figure out all the combo. come on, for crying out loud, lexus has access to ALL these models and options down to the last detail, and they can't figure out the possibility for each one of them? imho that's unacceptable.
RANT ENSUES:

In their defense, I think they believe they HAVE done this... the problem is, the information they have provided is inconsistent and therefore, subject to question and confusion! They simply need to clarify. Then, it's incumbant upon us to prove them wrong. The POINT of the F-sport line is that, for many of us, we get improved performance without the warranty fight that invedibly ensues when/if something goes wrong with an aftermarket modification. Along with the added comfort that these parts were designed by the people who designed our rides in the first place, for added confidence and assurance. They may not be the "end all" performance mods, but they are SOLID and reliable. Lexus has NOT done this in a way that ensures those of us are covered. Ex: Currently, if I attempt to install these springs on my 460 and something goes wrong, Lexus can/will likely stand behind their statement of compatibility... however, at this point, I will probably win that argument because they have made 2 public, contradictory statements of fitment/compatibility. Another example: We know that the exhaust will likely work on ANY of the GS's (except maybe the AWD), however, their information shows GS350 RWD only, I believe. So, again, are they being overly conservative or inconsistent? I think both...

Lexus: JUST CLARIFY AND STOP BEING SO OVERLY CONSERVATIVE - we want these parts and are willing to pay, stop impeding progress or we'll go elsewhere!!!!!!

Last edited by Leeladisky; 07-22-09 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Because it's a RANT and needs a WARNING!
Old 07-22-09, 02:02 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

^ did you talk to lexus head office?
Old 07-22-09, 02:03 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
^ did you talk to lexus head office?
Si... and they are engaging to get a confirmed response. We'll see, and keep everyone apprised of, their response soon.
Old 07-22-09, 04:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

In their defense, I think they believe they HAVE done this... the problem is, the information they have provided is inconsistent and therefore, subject to question and confusion! They simply need to clarify. Then, it's incumbant upon us to prove them wrong. The POINT of the F-sport line is that, for many of us, we get improved performance without the warranty fight that invedibly ensues when/if something goes wrong with an aftermarket modification. Along with the added comfort that these parts were designed by the people who designed our rides in the first place, for added confidence and assurance. They may not be the "end all" performance mods, but they are SOLID and reliable. Lexus has NOT done this in a way that ensures those of us are covered. Ex: Currently, if I attempt to install these springs on my 460 and something goes wrong, Lexus can/will likely stand behind their statement of compatibility... however, at this point, I will probably win that argument because they have made 2 public, contradictory statements of fitment/compatibility. Another example: We know that the exhaust will likely work on ANY of the GS's (except maybe the AWD), however, their information shows GS350 RWD only, I believe. So, again, are they being overly conservative or inconsistent? I think both...

Lexus: JUST CLARIFY AND STOP BEING SO OVERLY CONSERVATIVE - we want these parts and are willing to pay, stop impeding progress or we'll go elsewhere!!!!!!
omg, my head spinning already @_@
Old 07-22-09, 04:17 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

omg, my head spinning already @_@
Sorry... I should have issued a rant warning before that post. It has been appropriately editted...LOL

Old 07-27-09, 03:23 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

So, Lexus just "confirmed" that they are not compatible... and, by confirmed, I mean they only tested on the 350 and explicitly state it's for the 350. I have ordered anyway and will report back my result (i.e., yes it works, no way, etc.).

Should be interesting.... Anyone want to comment? If not, wish me luck - this is an expensive experiment...

Lee
Old 07-27-09, 05:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

So, Lexus just "confirmed" that they are not compatible... and, by confirmed, I mean they only tested on the 350 and explicitly state it's for the 350. I have ordered anyway and will report back my result (i.e., yes it works, no way, etc.).

Should be interesting.... Anyone want to comment? If not, wish me luck - this is an expensive experiment...

Lee
sigh

so they better update lexus.com soon
Old 07-27-09, 09:10 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

sigh

so they better update lexus.com soon
Supposedly, update coming soon. But more importantly, imho, Lexus should get their act together with these items. I mean, how hard is it to duplicate parts for the GS 350 and/or GS460? I mean, I can order a GS350 with AVS and wait 6+ weeks and use the lowering springs, so why can I not use them on a 460? How about the sways? How about... there is NOTHING different about these vehicles except the engines, it just makes no sense....
Old 07-27-09, 11:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Supposedly, update coming soon. But more importantly, imho, Lexus should get their act together with these items. I mean, how hard is it to duplicate parts for the GS 350 and/or GS460? I mean, I can order a GS350 with AVS and wait 6+ weeks and use the lowering springs, so why can I not use them on a 460? How about the sways? How about... there is NOTHING different about these vehicles except the engines, it just makes no sense....
i sort of look at it from a different angle.

the cars have different engines and i suppose weight distribution would be a bit different (lexus.com shows about 150lb, not much). so if that's the case, maybe that's a reason why they "could" have different springs between the 460 and the 350 (while we are at this, did anyone confirm the stock part numbers for 460 and 350 springs?)

if that's the reason why they have different springs for the two cars, then i can see why they don't say the springs are confirmed for 460 unless they have done the study and make sure that the springs are ok on the car with performance that's acceptable to their standard. after all if whatever happens, the springs do weird things on the 460, causing accident, and they find out springs aren't tested on the 460, then lexus is in some serious trouble

now with that said, i personally don't agree with lexus at all if they actually only tested the springs and sways on the 350 and not 460, and thus claiming the parts aren't for 460. imho it's inevitable that people will want to put these parts on 460 and 430, so why not go through little more trouble and study the parts on those cars? if they did the study and result is "sorry, these parts don't really work on the 460 and 430 to our standard / requirement", then i am actually ok. but if they didn't really test these parts on the cars, then umm...... my question is why
Old 07-28-09, 05:00 AM
LexFather

Very disheartening. Here are owners that want to mod and stick with Lexus OEM parts and they cannot. Very frustrating.

Whats funny is F-sport parts haven't really flew off shelves since its debut on the IS so you would think things would be different.

Quick Reply: F-sport Springs on a GS460????