Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

??? F-sport shocks for AWDs???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-09, 10:40 PM
derfp2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? F-sport shocks for AWDs???

Hey guys...Just posted on f-sport height thread (page 5) about issues of vibration...ANYWAYS, im wondering if the ISs AWDs new F-SPORT shocks work on our AWDs??? I know the rear shocks arent an issue, we could use GS RWDs rear shocks if we want, THE ISSUE as been w/ the front shocks (since their diff for the AWDs)...So now that LEXUS offers shocks for the IS AWDs, im thinking that maybe these would fit our cars Not sure about the stiffness that they use for the IS AWD shocks and that even the f-sports (being stiffer than stocks) would be stiff enough for our cars being that their made for the lighter IS AWD....But it would b awesome news if they would fit our GS AWDs!!! because then, LEXUS would most likely make shocks for our AWDs (if they r the same, lexus would eventually just make them stiffer and sell them to us)....OR maybe if they fit and poss they r stiff enough for our cars (meaning, their "stiffer" than our GS AWDs front STOCK shocks) we have a solution to our prob
Old 08-03-09, 07:01 AM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

The shocks are only for rear drive models only.
Originally Posted by derfp2
Hey guys...Just posted on f-sport height thread (page 5) about issues of vibration...ANYWAYS, im wondering if the ISs AWDs new F-SPORT shocks work on our AWDs??? I know the rear shocks arent an issue, we could use GS RWDs rear shocks if we want, THE ISSUE as been w/ the front shocks (since their diff for the AWDs)...So now that LEXUS offers shocks for the IS AWDs, im thinking that maybe these would fit our cars Not sure about the stiffness that they use for the IS AWD shocks and that even the f-sports (being stiffer than stocks) would be stiff enough for our cars being that their made for the lighter IS AWD....But it would b awesome news if they would fit our GS AWDs!!! because then, LEXUS would most likely make shocks for our AWDs (if they r the same, lexus would eventually just make them stiffer and sell them to us)....OR maybe if they fit and poss they r stiff enough for our cars (meaning, their "stiffer" than our GS AWDs front STOCK shocks) we have a solution to our prob
Old 08-03-09, 07:47 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the only product to this point made exclusively for the AWD is BC coilovers. will set you back a little bit more than ordering the f-sport springs and shocks combo. check out circuit motorsports or BC racing for info; there is also an existing thread in the suspension sub forum that may help.
Old 08-05-09, 10:24 AM
derfp2
Driver

PER lexus F-SPORT website fsport.com (wont let u cut and past!!!!!!)...PTR13-53091 LEFT FRONT IS250 AWD & PTR13-53090 RIGHT FRONT IS250 AWD ....soo they obviously make them, check the website under shocks section. The vendors here dont make it clear on their websites (time to UPDATE their sites!!)
Old 08-06-09, 08:57 PM
derfp2
Driver

Does anyone know a IS250 AWD w/ these installed?? Or pics and spec on the shock??
Old 01-25-10, 11:38 AM
derfp2
Driver

Do any IS people have these?????
Old 01-25-10, 12:31 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

im going to say yes they are the same for the fact my BC coils are listed as IS250/350 on the strut. you can contact Curcuit Motors and ask them. they are a vendor on here.
Old 01-25-10, 02:20 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldn't you ask this in the 2IS forum?
Old 01-25-10, 06:08 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

doesn't the 3GS weigh a lot more? seems like the shocks wouldn't last long, and definitely wouldn't feel right.
Old 01-25-10, 06:58 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

IMO your better to get the coils. In the end your going to spend a lot for OEM F Sport parts. I know a local that had them on his IS350. They are nice but the coils are nicer and your going to spend around the same amount once its all said and done. Plus you get to adjust your ride height and comfort. If you just want springs to firm up the ride then thats another story.

Good Luck!
Old 01-27-10, 12:07 PM
derfp2
Driver

I do the work my self....I already have tein springs(the softest ones) but ovecourse stock shocks...Always wanted to upgrade utleast the front shocks only (just feel the stock ones are just slightly too soft for the aftermarket springs)..As everyone knows, no one makes JUST perf. shocks for the AWD's...But since F-sport does (for the IS awd) i started thinking! I know the GS350 AWD weighs more than a IS250 AWD, but per F-sport, the shocks for the IS250/350 RWD and GS350 RWD are the SAME (by #) soooooooo....since the IS AWD f-sport front shocks looks like the GS AWD stock shocks (design) they should fit!!! (the asembly i saw online/pics of the IS awd front sus. setup, looks like the GS's AWD setup)... So if it FITS (???) thats good news for people (like me) who have springs w/ stock shocks, u could actually order the hole IS250 AWD shocks (front & back) and FINALY have a ? performance springs & shocks setup for the AWD guys, instead of coilovers...OKAY, if it fits (???) still not proven, but looks promacing...THE OTHER BIG QUESTION is (like some one mentioned) are they (the front IS250AWD F-sport shocks) too soft for the GS350 AWD!...Again, given the IS250/350 & GS350 all share the SAME f-sport front shocks...the IS250AWD ones might be "okay" for the GS350AWD...If atleast "stiffer" than the stock shocks on the GSAWD, it could help to have that option...The only way to find out is to have it installed and find out (for fit and perf) but if someone could find out the specs for the front shocks (guess from bilstein corp) and compare it w/ the specs for the stocks, WE would have more answers!!!!.......WE NEED MORE GSAWD PRODUCTS!!!!
Old 01-27-10, 12:23 PM
derfp2
Driver

IS250 AWD F-SPORT SHOCKS (got pic from someone at clublexus, thanx)...For the longest time alot of people didnt believe that lexus made this for the ISAWD's...YYYYYYYYY not also for the GSAWD's!!!!

IS250 AWD stock front setup (looks ALOT like the GS's AWD setup)
Old 01-27-10, 12:39 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

be the first to try them out

Since you can do the work you can always just sell them on here or eBay to get your money back. I know when I had my IS350 some where using GS springs and the parts are rather similar from working on my GS and IS myself. Your biggest issue is the weight difference. IMO go for it!
Old 01-27-10, 01:12 PM
derfp2
Driver

True....but that would only (kinda) cover fit, "buttdynows" sometimes skew results, if the car actually "feels" firmer or not...when in reallity???? If only we could get specs on the shocks! At the F-sport website, they give u specs for the srings and swaybars (very suprized) but nothing on the shocks...IS/GS f-sport shocks (rwd) are all the same, obviously the ISAWD's are a diff # because also of shape, but they ALSO have diff #'s for the ISC's not sure if they are shaped diff then reg IS's but maybe because they have diff rebound/stroke specs...If the shape and "fittment" is the same between ISC's and reg IS's f-sport shock, them mostlikely the diff stock #'s is because their just set (rebound/stroke) diff, maybe bc the ISC's are heavier or set to be softer...PAIN IN THE ****.....
Old 01-27-10, 05:36 PM
R.DUB
Driver

all of us AWDs want springz- plz advise!

Quick Reply: ??? F-sport shocks for AWDs???