Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F-Sport Sway Bars Knocking

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-09, 10:39 AM
Jasonx82
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Sway Bars Knocking

Are they ever gonna fix it? Or should we all learn to live with it?

Am I living in false hope the next time i go for an oil change there may be revised bushings? wahhh wahh wahhh

What you guys think?
Old 11-20-09, 11:42 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

As it gets colder, louder it gets!!!

Now I am thinking of reinstalling the OEM sway bars back on my toy , till they do have the actual fix. Since Sewell Lexus did offered to uninstall and later reinstall them back free of charge, still I do not think I can live without them though...
Old 11-20-09, 12:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I had my bushings replaced to a new set of the original bushings and it is 99.8% better . My service tech told me that the new bushings were much softer. There should be a revised bushing being released in the next few months. I too was about to have them reinstall the original sway bar but because the new bushings definetly made a big difference the F sport bar is still on. I will follow up with them at the next oil change to see if the newly designed bushing is available. In the mean time just have them order you a fresh set of bushings to alleviate the clunking sound until the newly designed bushing is released
Old 11-20-09, 04:24 PM
RooRa
Driver

i tried to take my to the dealer and my dealer told me that since i didnt get it installed from a lexus dealer ship i cant get a warranty. now im in a mess where lexus says its under warranty but the dealer says no.
Old 11-20-09, 05:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

in order for it to be under factory warranty, it has to be installed by dealership of course.

but if they come out with a new bushing that helps the noise, then you can contact the place where you bought it from and they need to provide you with the new bushings
Old 11-20-09, 11:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I am pretty sure that they have already isolated the issue and will be releasing an updated bushing sooner than later. I will agree that when it get a bit cooler you can hear it a touch more. It was 60 tonight ( BBRRRRR) and I think I may have heard just a slight touch of noise. I'm holding out for Lexus to get their **** together. So far the F sport parts have been a problem for me. The intake had no box for any added resonance over the stock set up and the sway bars have a knocking issue. I am pretty sure there is already a TSB on springs for the IS ( not sure). So far F Sport leaves a lot to be desired .
Old 11-22-09, 10:41 AM
RooRa
Driver

i bought my sways from sewell so i have to contact them for the bushings? will they be free or do i have to pay?
Old 11-22-09, 07:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

once lexus releases the new fix there will be more information on that
Old 11-24-09, 04:52 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RooRa
i tried to take my to the dealer and my dealer told me that since i didnt get it installed from a lexus dealer ship i cant get a warranty. now im in a mess where lexus says its under warranty but the dealer says no.
LOL, sometime is worth to spend extra!!!

Prior I have the sway bars install, I was trying to decide if I should have it done at the local shop for $50 or at the dealership for $260.

After thread I have read the forum about the knocking noise, I decided to spend extra $200+ to have it installed at the dealership!!!
Old 11-24-09, 05:34 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I am visiting LA right now and the roads here are a joke. I used to think the roads in NY were worse, but I was wrong. The roads here have shown me that there is still slight knock. Its probably 90% better but not perfect
Old 11-24-09, 06:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am visiting LA right now and the roads here are a joke. I used to think the roads in NY were worse, but I was wrong. The roads here have shown me that there is still slight knock. Its probably 90% better but not perfect
you probably need to visit ny again. while at that, try chicago as well
Old 11-24-09, 06:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I go twice a year. I know the roads have potholes but not cracks every 12 inches. Its a joke. You need to visit Phoenix again. It makes the roads here in LA look 3rd world
Old 11-24-09, 09:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i have been to az more than a few times, i am very aware of the roads there. i didn't say la roads are nice, never think so anyway. but la roads worse than ny? that's stretching it
Old 11-24-09, 09:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

NO I would say that the roads in LA are better than NYC in the end but it is amazing to me that people started lowering cars out here back in the day. I am still feeling like LA needs to dump a few billion into its roads
Old 11-25-09, 02:48 PM
RooRa
Driver

Originally Posted by slk_dds
LOL, sometime is worth to spend extra!!!

Prior I have the sway bars install, I was trying to decide if I should have it done at the local shop for $50 or at the dealership for $260.

After thread I have read the forum about the knocking noise, I decided to spend extra $200+ to have it installed at the dealership!!!
yea i learned the hard way. the guy that installed it for me knocked out a sensor that controls the leveling of the headlamps and that cost me like 60$ extra. from now on im just gonna do everything from the dealership. just now they are charging me 1k for oil change car wash, rotation, and brake changes.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Sway Bars Knocking