Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

KSport Coilovers - Mini Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-09, 09:02 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuanle82
I want to get coilovers for my car but cant seem to decide on which ones to get. It sounds like the ksports are great but ive been wanting to get the tein cs for a while now since i know a lot of people are happy with them. i know its a big different on price for both of them. comfort is number 1 for me, i want to keep the ride as close to stock as possible. have you had any experience with the tein to compare the two?
I've have zero experience with Tein CS, but like you've said a lot of people have them and praise them. Ksport is the same way, but if you do some research, you will see bad reviews as well. Like any other product, it will get great and poor reviews but sometimes it might be user error.

Personally, I bought the Ksport coilovers due to mainly features, reviews and then cost. Megans were a little more expensive but Ksport was more widely known, probably due to their marketing but have proven themselves over the years. My past car was a civic and I had ground control coilovers (sleeve & spring on stock shocks) and they were great. Moved on to Omnipower full body coilovers and they were stiffer but felt great going into turns. There was no dampening control but well worth the money. Now with the GS, I was on the Tanabe DF210 springs, while they rode fine, when going into turns you get a sloppy feeling. The Ksports has handled everything great so far not to mention it is lowered by 1" more. Now I would have lowered it more but no point in doing so on stocks, it just looks stupid. Once I readjust and do a little preloading, it should be even better. Giving it a few more days for the spring to settle and so on.

But hey, if you got money to spend then get the CS. I do like the idea that they have something to control the dampening, BUT it's prolly something I would play with for a day and then just leave it alone.

Last edited by ek9vboi; 11-27-09 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-27-09, 02:27 PM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

For those interested in purchasing a set, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM with a question or request for price quote.

Chris @ Rides Low
Old 11-28-09, 05:15 PM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

im pretty happy with mine as well.
Old 12-04-09, 02:37 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

where are the pics????
Old 12-06-09, 07:44 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by passnu2
where are the pics????
I'm actually going to get pictures with the loaners on the car. Check back in a few days or I might just start a new thread.
Old 01-11-10, 08:54 AM
gggg
Driver School Candidate

Default Be Careful of Ksport

Anyone purchasing Ksport products may want to reconsider. I have tried to purchase replacement coilover cartridges for a Nissan and told twice it would take about two weeks. Who can wait a month or even two weeks for replacements to come in? Apparently these parts are manufacturerd out of the country and they don't stock replacements. I was told by Brendan "It is what it is". How's that for "customer service"? Be sure to ask these questions before ordering.
Old 01-11-10, 10:10 AM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gggg
Anyone purchasing Ksport products may want to reconsider. I have tried to purchase replacement coilover cartridges for a Nissan and told twice it would take about two weeks. Who can wait a month or even two weeks for replacements to come in? Apparently these parts are manufacturerd out of the country and they don't stock replacements. I was told by Brendan "It is what it is". How's that for "customer service"? Be sure to ask these questions before ordering.
you made an account just to say that?
Old 01-11-10, 03:40 PM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Iocca
you made an account just to say that?
Unfortunately, he has set up accounts on a bunch of different forums to say just that! LOL - sounds like spam if you ask me.
Old 01-11-10, 04:31 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rides Low
Unfortunately, he has set up accounts on a bunch of different forums to say just that! LOL - sounds like spam if you ask me.
I mean really, if you have a tein coilover go out on you, how long does that take? you have to send it it, get it fixed, have it send back. I'm going to say that is going to take AT LEAST 2 weeks.
Old 03-30-10, 09:09 PM
EMPANI
Driver School Candidate

Guys, I had a great expereince with H&R coilovers on a previous Audi. My wife drives an RX350 lowered on Eibachs and it is an O.K. (expected). For my GS gen3 I am in between the K-Sport and Meagans.They are both in the same price range, but question if I should wait and spend more on better brand name units or if I am already choosing from similar benefit systems (apples to apples). I apprieciate any input and all of the previously stated information.

Last edited by EMPANI; 03-30-10 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-30-10, 11:06 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lowered RX350?
Old 04-03-10, 04:13 AM
skyyos
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

I still love driving my 3gs dropped on Ksport Coilovers
Old 04-22-10, 06:43 PM
sean99gs
Driver School Candidate

can sum1 p'm me ride low number plz...
Old 04-23-10, 11:18 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sean99gs
can sum1 p'm me ride low number plz...
Just PM him or email him. He left his info above
Old 05-09-10, 07:41 AM
sam514
Driver School Candidate

my account wount let me send a pm to ride low
can somone or himself send me his info?!?
tn

Quick Reply: KSport Coilovers - Mini Review