Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Video of Ichiba 20mm Spacers being installed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-09, 12:21 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 469 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by TWong1200
Another thing when installing is, were the hubs properly torqued to the hub? Then, were your wheels properly torqued to the spacers?
Please explain?

The tyre installer looked liek he knew what he was doing. He was making sure all the bolts and lugs were tightened to the same tension etc etc. Then applying brakes indivdually and making sure all was good.
Old 12-16-09, 11:14 PM
ab2design
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coupe of suggestions

Try taking one of the wheels of the car and checking just the hub centric ring to the wheels center bore. No Spacer. Should have very little to no movement side to side. Also check the hub centric ring to the spacer, same very little to no movement side to side.

Or for a more accurate reading try to get your hands on a Micrometer, you could check the hub centric ring for measurement of 60.1 diameter.

These spacers are easy to install but just incase The spacer and hub centric ring should be put on the hub and them hand tighten in a chris cross action, evenly around and then torched to spec.
Old 12-17-09, 05:23 AM
designo
Pole Position

Sure thing Adrian.. will try and get back to you with results.

Thanks
Old 12-24-09, 09:08 AM
designo
Pole Position

I'm running without the spacers right now and it's just perfect! The shaking was getting more extreme form speed to speed with eh 20mm Ichibas installed!

I attach a video of the spacers as requested during the re-install and removal last week.

It seems that the hub ring fits snug into the spacer, but there is significant play when attached to the wheel.

Your opinions please... I haev two sets of spacers that are useless to me! Is anyone else running 20mm + spacers on stock setups?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrX2S8AMbxw
Old 12-24-09, 12:29 PM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

I just saw the video of ur M5 vs the z06... we where all there in 7o'6 il jaf.. it was my friends zo6 :P... Great Run it was!
Old 12-24-09, 01:27 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had Ichibia Type II 20mm spacer with no issues.
Old 12-25-09, 05:00 AM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rider
I just saw the video of ur M5 vs the z06... we where all there in 7o'6 il jaf.. it was my friends zo6 :P... Great Run it was!
You mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF24oHtM2QI

I hope you guys enjoyed it! Why didn't you say hi?

Anyways... sorry to go off topic here, but what do I do? I love the stance of my car, but it's un-drivable!!!! Grrrrrr
Old 12-25-09, 05:55 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by designo
You mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF24oHtM2QI

I hope you guys enjoyed it! Why didn't you say hi?

Anyways... sorry to go off topic here, but what do I do? I love the stance of my car, but it's un-drivable!!!! Grrrrrr
Didn't know it was you ; and about spacers.. if you dont want them, how much would you sell them for? I may buy them.
Old 12-25-09, 08:47 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by designo
Is anyone else running 20mm + spacers on stock setups?
Yes I was with no issues, even after reading everyone else had issues. I purchased the Type II Bolt on Ichiba Spacer, 20mm, and ran them with my OEM 18" Gspyders. I believe I posted a pic a while back in the wheel thread so others could see the stance it offered.

Another member actually has them on their car now unless they sold them to someone else. I helped install 15mm all around on an AWD members car and he also had no issues. Being that we had success with 2 cars, both 15mm & 20mm, I guess either the spacer was damaged when it was installed? Hard to say whats wrong but I am sure you can get them to work
Old 12-29-09, 04:49 AM
pvo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are these 20mm different than the 25mm version? I had 25mm installed on my LS430 and I don't remember I could remove the hub rings like that. The whole thing was just 1 piece. I didn't have any issues. I sold my car a few days ago and didn't take out the adapters so I can't verify whether the hub rings could be removed like that....but when I had the car, I took it on and off a few times and don't remember the hub rings could be removed like that.
Old 12-29-09, 08:32 AM
designo
Pole Position

The Ichibas can be used for different bore sizes, hence the hub ring.

I will try jacking the car up on a lift and having the spacers's rotaional characteristics observed after re-install.

There is very little chance any damage can ocur during installtion, I would be very worried about the quality if that were to happen!

I justy want to know how tight the spacers center hub should be to the wheel?

Rider, if you want, i can sell you my 25mm spacers, PM me so i can give you my number.
Old 01-02-10, 11:24 AM
CBRA928
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

get the h&R spacers... they come hubcentric... but the the whole this is one peice instead of a seprate "loose" center hub. i have a set of 25mm im going to install soon in the rear.
Old 01-03-10, 01:22 PM
designo
Pole Position

These are my 2nd set, the first set were 25mm hubcentric TS Sportline ( with no ring ) and they sucked real bad!

These are 20mm Ichibas ( which are suppose to be the best ) and are hubcentric with a ring.. and they suck a little less!
Old 01-07-10, 03:19 AM
designo
Pole Position

Just an update on my spacer issue guys...

My installer tried every trick in the book to rule out installation fault, and it is now very obvious that the shaking is due to the hub ring size to the wheel.

The spacers are fine, it's just that the hub adaptors that came with the spacers are a little smaller than the OEM 18" hub bore size of the wheel.

He has recommended that I take a wheel and a spacer to the fabrication shop, so they can fabricate a new hub ring adaptor which will fit perfectly into the wheel bore.

90% chance the shaking will go away as this seems to be the only reason for it. Even a slight play of the hub ring inside the wheel bore will cause shaking.

I advise that B2Autodesign research this carefully prior to shipping out these spacers to Middle Eastern customers, or perhaps the wrong hub ring was sent to me.

Bore size of wheel is indeed 60.1mm, but the hub rings I received measured 58mm. So I don't quite know how that could have happened!

Anyways, the car looks great with the 1" drop all around and the 20mm spacers installed. Unfortunately, they will be removed once again and re-installed once the new hub rings are installed.

Will post some pics later on today!
Old 01-07-10, 05:01 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I wonder if the rims you have are slightly different. I have the GSpyders and had no issues and I know many with the 2IS have run spacers with the same OEM rims on that model car. Maybe its something with the OEM rims you have?

Not saying it cant be the spacer but since you had 2 sets that didnt work out I wonder if this is what the issue is? Seems many with the 3gen GS have had this problem and I never did and seeing the same rims on the 2IS and them having no issues seems this may be the issue.

Time to order up some rims and sell the spacers

Quick Reply: Video of Ichiba 20mm Spacers being installed.