Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

2007 GS 350 AWD Lowered with Tanabe NF210

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-10, 09:05 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. Wheels next?
Old 02-10-10, 09:22 AM
riles200
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
The holes must be tiny, I can't make them out at all in the picture. Can you post a closeup? I'm curious how many holes there are and where they are (which badges have holes behind, do all of them or only some of them?)
The LEXUS emblem on the drivers side has two holes and the GS350 emblem on the passenger side has two holes. The AWD emblem has no holes. I dunno if you can see the holes now....

Old 02-10-10, 09:34 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by riles200
The LEXUS emblem on the drivers side has two holes and the GS350 emblem on the passenger side has two holes. The AWD emblem has no holes. I dunno if you can see the holes now....

Ah yeah, I actually did a search and found a picture of somebody with a red one showing those four holes. You can try filling it with a couple dollars worth of bondo in a tube, wet sanding it down, then touchup paint, then wet sanding, and then polishing with a cutting compound or scratchx. I think it will end up looking like the holes were never there for next to no money and just a bit of time. I'd be worried about water getting in there causing corrosion over the long term.

I think the back of mine looks kind of busy with all of the emblems too but I don't want to end up looking like a jackass that is trying to hide the inferior GS300ness. Thankfully, GS's are a rare sight in this city as it is, let alone 350s. My pride is held aloft by the fact that the city is absolutely buzzing with IS250 AWDs. :P

But anyway you didn't start this thread to talk about your debadging. Have you noticed any change in your vibrations after putting the springs on or is it too early to tell?

Last edited by BinaryJay; 02-10-10 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-10-10, 11:20 AM
riles200
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
But anyway you didn't start this thread to talk about your debadging. Have you noticed any change in your vibrations after putting the springs on or is it too early to tell?

Ahh...the notorious buzzing/vibrations issue. Well, I knew of this issue prior to lowering the car through CL forum. Everybody seems to have a different experience with it. Some had vibs and wobbles, others had just vibs, and some had no problems to mention at all. So I decided to risk it.

What I find is with the stock 17" wheel set-up, I have some vibrations on a cold start-up when putting car in drive (not in park or neutral) while at a stand still. This vibration seems to disappear after the car warms up or when moving. Note, the weather here has been from the 35d - 50d temp (don't know if this has anything to do with it). While driving the car, I do feel a slight wobble effect from 5mph - 20mph (only when gradually/normal acceleration). When I accelerate quicker, I didn't notice any wobble. This wobble doesn't seem to happen all the time. It is more noticeable when I have a full car and am accelerating slower/normal. Seems to wobble a little more noticeable with more weight in the car. Another thing I noticed is when the pedal is to the metal I get some sporadic vibrations (from 30mph on up). The car has been aligned and is back to within specifications (camber, tow, etc). I really wish somebody (Tanabe, Lexus, F-Sport, anybody!) would work on a solution to this problem.

I will see if this problem persists when I put on the 20" wheels on which are staggered. I still do not regret lowering the car and the vibs and slight wobbles do not deter me from lowering the car. On the plus side, it does handle quite a bit better while maintaining a pretty close to stock ride quality. Not to mention the wheel gap has been decreased significantly!!

Hope this helps everybody out there in CL land. LOL!! I will keep this thread up to date when I get wheels installed...
Old 02-10-10, 12:42 PM
sum10ne
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting my car lowered tomorrow with NF's tomorrow and hoping to not get any of the vibrations or wobbles....but I'll share once they are installed. I have GS 300 RWD.
Old 02-10-10, 01:19 PM
riles200
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sum10ne
Getting my car lowered tomorrow with NF's tomorrow and hoping to not get any of the vibrations or wobbles....but I'll share once they are installed. I have GS 300 RWD.
To my knowledge, it's only an AWD problem.
Old 02-10-10, 04:41 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

j drop looks good. dig the blacked out emblems and tinted tails. the wheels will make it look 10 times better. hope they get here soon. hit me up when you get 'em on. we'll have to hook up.
Old 02-10-10, 06:12 PM
Gytis123
Pole Position

I had same problems with my GS300 awd, at first I bought RoadMagnet lowering springs - made for AWD GS300 GS350, nice drop but too soft for my taste, then I bought Tanabe DF210 excelent drop and really nice ride, but same problems (shaking and wobbling).So about two weeks ago I decided to return my car back to stock, all problems gone. Car drives like new ( nothing shakes or wobbles ). Looks like 4x4 again, I hate this look. I wish somebody would come up with something to resolve this problem.