Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Finally is Here - TSIB for F-SPORT Sway Bars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-10, 12:08 PM
DWNYC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I ask what this knocking relates to? How do you know if you have this problem...maybe all the rattles masks the knocking in my car. Have an 07 GS350.
Old 03-04-10, 07:10 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Any update on the fix, slk? Did they give you the TSIB number?

Thanks!!
Old 03-04-10, 09:27 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

I AM IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE OTHER THAN MY BOSS LADY... with the curves on the roads anyway!!!

Here is what I think of the new bushing:

GOOD
- KNOCKING IS GONE!!!
(We will have to wait and see if is gone for good, sorta like Dr. Jackal and Mr. hyde. B/c today is kinda warm, we are in the high 40's in DFW area today).

- I have also drove over some speed bumps to see if the knocking is gone, and it is gone.

- Maybe is just in my mine, but it also felt much tighter. On the way back I took the same ramp with much higher speed, and it swallowed it!!!

BAD
- As I was testing the performance of the new bushings as I was exiting the ramp, a freaking bacon pulled me over and gave me a freaking speeding ticket (some donation would be nice)!!!

Unfortunately I do not have the official TSIB number for it, b/c it is being written up at this time (I am just a lab rat for Lexus). But on the invoice it did showed the part number for the new bushing, it is 430211.

So if I were you I will contact the service advisor and ask them to order the part for you.

Hope this helps,

Stevie

Last edited by slk_dds; 03-04-10 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-04-10, 12:17 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

everything was done for free, right? how long did it take them to do the work?

glad they seem to be working!!
Old 03-04-10, 12:35 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

slk dds, thx for the update! can't wait to hear your next update in a few months
Old 03-04-10, 01:23 PM
Jasonx82
Rookie

Finally!!! WOW!!!!!
Old 03-04-10, 01:45 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jtrue28
everything was done for free, right? how long did it take them to do the work?
It is FREE of charge only if you had them installed in the first place, otherwise they will charge you for the labor (they should give you the part for you to install them youself).

I always pick up my toy next day on my way to my office, but I do not think it should take longer than an hour to remove the felt and clean up the glue residue from the sway bar.
Old 03-05-10, 12:53 AM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

called my advisor.... left a message havent gotten a call back... i hope this is true...
Old 03-05-10, 01:06 AM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

WOW Slk, seems like a night and day difference. Hope it holds up !
Old 03-08-10, 06:07 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

emailed my service advisor. he said he hadn't heard/seen this TSIB. he also said that part number is not a valid Lexus part number.

do you have a different part number that more resembles 04465-30400...or some 10 digit number like that. (that part number was used for example)
Old 03-08-10, 09:16 AM
wingster
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtrue28
emailed my service advisor. he said he hadn't heard/seen this TSIB. he also said that part number is not a valid Lexus part number.

do you have a different part number that more resembles 04465-30400...or some 10 digit number like that. (that part number was used for example)
It may be too early. They're problably waiting for any negative comments from slk dds. It may take a few weeks/months before the official TSIB/part to come out.

Last edited by wingster; 03-08-10 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-08-10, 09:41 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that it is fixed I am interested in the F-sport Sways. I have some questions though since I haven't done a sway upgrade.

Do the new sways reduce body-roll only, or do they also stiffen the ride. I have a GS460, and I find that it is pretty flat cornering with the AVS (active variable suspension) set to sport. However rolls too much with AVS in normal. I prefer to drive in normal because Miami roads are incredibly bumpy and with AVS in sport the ride is horrible.

Will the sways preserve the ability to absorb bumpy road surface with AVS in normal, yet reduce bodyroll cornering on ramps?
Old 03-08-10, 11:09 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

there was no change in ride with the new F-Sport bars. and to be honest, I couldn't really tell a difference in body roll.

on a brighter note...it's 65 degrees today and sunny....guess what, no noise!! even when the fix comes out, I'll probably wait until winter before I change them out.
Old 03-08-10, 02:25 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
Now that it is fixed I am interested in the F-sport Sways. I have some questions though since I haven't done a sway upgrade.

Do the new sways reduce body-roll only, or do they also stiffen the ride. I have a GS460, and I find that it is pretty flat cornering with the AVS (active variable suspension) set to sport. However rolls too much with AVS in normal. I prefer to drive in normal because Miami roads are incredibly bumpy and with AVS in sport the ride is horrible.

Will the sways preserve the ability to absorb bumpy road surface with AVS in normal, yet reduce bodyroll cornering on ramps?
if i recall correctly, you don't need f-sport sways because you already have apsss. for the regular GS folks without apsss, we need to get sways. apsss > f-sport sways
Old 03-08-10, 07:58 PM
patricksr5
Pole Position

I had my sway bar bushings greased and re-installed and they seemed fine for about a week but then all the noises returned. Let us know if the noise(s) stays away after 2-3 weeks.

Quick Reply: Finally is Here - TSIB for F-SPORT Sway Bars!!!