Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Finally is Here - TSIB for F-SPORT Sway Bars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-10, 04:48 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by slk_dds
Another quick update:

Temperature in Dallas just took a dive to the low 40's overnight, new F-SPORT bushings held up to the challenged... still FREE OF NOISE!!!

EXCEPT the damn brakes is bytching again!!!

Off the topic..
Should I ask them to put the OEM's "HIGH FICTION + HIGH DUST" brake pads back on my toy, just so I don't have to be bother with the freaking brake noise!?!

Thanks all,

Stevie
thx for the update! good news indeed. to answer your question, the original oem "high friction + high dust" brake pads also squeak (at least mine did). so i'm not sure if you want to go back that route....
Old 04-10-10, 11:34 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ohh yeah? they should release it soon...
Old 04-13-10, 11:49 PM
2001LexusIS300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump bump!!
Old 06-01-10, 01:24 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Any updates?
Old 06-01-10, 03:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 3GS404
3rd_GS come out about 4 year ago,i was wondering how come there is none trusted company made aftermarket sway bar for our car beside the F-sport ? and most of people r having issues after install the F-sport sway bar,why does Lexus taking so long to resolve their problem..is jeez..? Are there any Lexus' representatives r listening to us on this forum?
. Toms has a bunch of suspension components for the GS and offered them for sometime.

Old 06-01-10, 04:25 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Several people on the forum have reported they had the new bushings installed and it is now silent. I am getting updated sways for my 460 on Friday and will report to forum on it then.
Old 06-01-10, 04:26 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
. Toms has a bunch of suspension components for the GS and offered them for sometime.

Does anyone have this brace? If so would love to see a review? Also how much does it weigh?
Old 06-01-10, 04:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
Does anyone have this brace? If so would love to see a review? Also how much does it weigh?
i had all these braces on my 2gs. i can tell you, they help ever so slightly, unless you really push your car to the limit, otherwise they are nothing more than some nice silver braces around. as i have said before, if anything, coilovers (springs/shocks) and sways, those give the most handling improvement.

weight wise, these are insignificant compared to the overall performance. probably like 10lb max each
Old 06-02-10, 06:37 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

still no update for the AWD owners?
Old 06-02-10, 10:49 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i had all these braces on my 2gs. i can tell you, they help ever so slightly, unless you really push your car to the limit, otherwise they are nothing more than some nice silver braces around. as i have said before, if anything, coilovers (springs/shocks) and sways, those give the most handling improvement.

weight wise, these are insignificant compared to the overall performance. probably like 10lb max each
I had the entire GT spec brace set on my G35 and you are right, it was simply a mod to add to the list. It did nothing noticeable. Even on the track it didnt blow me away. It was one of the last mods I did to that car before I got rid of it
Old 09-07-10, 07:01 AM
OrlGS450h
Driver School Candidate

Default Any help? F-sport sways on my gs450h

Alright, my gsh has been in the shop for the clunking noise and after the third time they are telling mr that the parts are not available! The supposed swapped out the updated bushings and four days after the fix the clunking started coming back now worse than ever! It was in The shop for two weeks and I was in the loaner! They called me back in to tell me that the parts are blacklisted or on hold! And my advisor also told me that he thinks the sways are not supposed to bs on the gs450h because it's too heavy of a car! Any help would bs appreciated! Now I am driving a clunking car around and have no ides if it will ever get fixed! I purchased and had the swag bars installed at the dealer and they even told me that there was no application for the hybrid but the part numbers for the stock components are identical! Thanks in advance!
Old 09-07-10, 07:24 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by OrlGS450h
Alright, my gsh has been in the shop for the clunking noise and after the third time they are telling mr that the parts are not available! The supposed swapped out the updated bushings and four days after the fix the clunking started coming back now worse than ever! It was in The shop for two weeks and I was in the loaner! They called me back in to tell me that the parts are blacklisted or on hold! And my advisor also told me that he thinks the sways are not supposed to bs on the gs450h because it's too heavy of a car! Any help would bs appreciated! Now I am driving a clunking car around and have no ides if it will ever get fixed! I purchased and had the swag bars installed at the dealer and they even told me that there was no application for the hybrid but the part numbers for the stock components are identical! Thanks in advance!
If they sold and installed it to you, then they either need to fix it or buy it back and put things back the way they found it on their dime.
Old 09-07-10, 07:41 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
If they sold and installed it to you, then they either need to fix it or buy it back and put things back the way they found it on their dime.
I would have to agree unless you signed some sort of waiver from them stating that they would not be held liable since they weren't specifically made for your car, or something to that affect.
Old 09-07-10, 12:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

first, the adviser is pretty silly saying that... 450h is 400lb heavier than the gs350, does that mean if i have gs350 and put on the sways, when i have 5 people in the car my car will be clunking like no tomorrow?

and i agree with others, if they sold it to you and installed it and you didn't "waive" anything saying it's your responsibility, then they either fix it, or take it out
The following users liked this post:
Mike_1GO (08-09-18)
Old 09-07-10, 01:34 PM
ironring
Driver School Candidate

Default 09 gsh with F Force sway bars

Can I ask what sort of knock do you hear? I hear a little clunk on the left side when I drive over an abrupt change in the pavement when going straight ahead. Do you hear a similar noise?

Quick Reply: Finally is Here - TSIB for F-SPORT Sway Bars!!!