Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Coilover Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-10, 09:57 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
no doubt about it. I love my set up. Much better just springs. I have not tried the Tanabe but I almost went with the Pro5 set up. Tein rules in my book. I think I paid $2600 for the set up and install including the EDFC and install for the EDFC. I think it was worth every penny
$2600 for coilovers? Isn't air suspension $3-$4K installed? I would've went with air if I was in that price range.

I think BC, Megan, and Ksport are all in the $900-$1100 and can go much lower?
Old 04-09-10, 08:50 PM
migoylim
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A BIG thanks to CL members...You guys were really informative and I will keep you guys posted about what coil suspension would I get. But for now at this point, I'm really looking at Tein CST and BCR. I heard Megan will give rattle or clunking sound after a while.
Old 04-09-10, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by telmz1
$2600 for coilovers? Isn't air suspension $3-$4K installed? I would've went with air if I was in that price range.

I think BC, Megan, and Ksport are all in the $900-$1100 and can go much lower?
i haven't followed prices closely, but normal market price, a set of tein coilovers + edfc + install shouldn't be more than 2000.

air suspension, which set are you talking about. a real full air suspension like uas? if you want to achieve the same performance, you will need to get aftermarket shock, that's extra money. otherwise uas itself is probably close to 3k for parts (alone) and installation is another 1k.

if you are talking about just the cup kits, you will still likely need better shocks if you want the system to perform reasonably well, and it will still be noticeably more than coilover.

keep in mind this is coilover + edfc. if it's just coilovers alone then it will be far cheaper.

so overall in general, air suspension will still be quite a bit more expensive than coilovers. but back to your question i guess it's about paying the right price
Old 04-15-10, 12:57 AM
chapagetti
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
no doubt about it. I love my set up. Much better just springs. I have not tried the Tanabe but I almost went with the Pro5 set up. Tein rules in my book. I think I paid $2600 for the set up and install including the EDFC and install for the EDFC. I think it was worth every penny
hey man just curious.. I'm assuming your car is RWD? do you notice any vibrations like the awd guys are getting? i have an 07 gs350 awd.. just wondering which tein coil+edfc is best for me.. I'm looking on the site right now and I think it's telling me to get either "premium spec crusing master comfort sport" or "driving master super street" both for a rwd gs300. I'm guessing the first one I named is the "CST" right? sorry for the newb questions. thanks in advance..

Last edited by chapagetti; 04-15-10 at 01:15 AM.