Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Coilover Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-10, 07:34 PM
migoylim
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coilover Suspension

I'm struggling of choosing what coilovers to get! Need some input from CL guys, I know Tein CST is really good but price is the issue. How about BC racing and Megans? Whats better between those two? I like the ride to be close to stock. Maybe you guys can suggest... based on your experienced....
Old 04-02-10, 07:38 PM
ytyper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by migoylim
I'm struggling of choosing what coilovers to get! Need some input from CL guys, I know Tein CST is really good but price is the issue. How about BC racing and Megans? Whats better between those two? I like the ride to be close to stock. Maybe you guys can suggest... based on your experienced....
I just have BC coilover installed. Ride height has wide range to adjust. The car actually still keep the comfort but a lot better handling on the corners with my setting on the damper is only 12/32. But I dont really know their reliability, because I will only drive my car in summer couple days a week so it wont put a lot of milage on it.
Old 04-02-10, 08:18 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The BC coils are nice. I have the Tein CS and they are well worth the money.
Old 04-02-10, 09:43 PM
yogregb
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the tanabe sustec pro have the rep of the most comfortable ride in a coilover
Old 04-03-10, 07:35 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Im happy with my KSport. I have heard Megan are good for the money also. There is a mini review of the KSport in the suspension section if that helps out.
Old 04-05-10, 10:37 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We always recommend the BCR coilovers for a good street setup, they are the best bang-for-your-buck set IMO.

Good ride and build quality, lots of features and settings and most important, rubber upper mounts.

Feel free to PM us for pricing or if you have any questions
Old 04-05-10, 11:18 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

^ I'm loving my BCR Coilovers!
Old 04-05-10, 11:42 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ +1. as soon as i level my car, i probably will love them more. need to get the vibrations to a minimum. lol. my rattle option just came in full force with the new stereo. heheh.
Old 04-07-10, 02:07 AM
swagga89
Rookie

telmz1 and ryan78..do you guys own the AWD? if so, how low are you dropped? Pictures?
Old 04-07-10, 03:24 AM
ryan78
Instructor

i dropped it a bit; i have maybe half a finger gap, if that. just need to level out. i will do so as soon as i can get some lift time. i also need to take some better pics. lol

Old 04-07-10, 08:27 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

i thought RetroSpexo had the Megans....which he said were garbage...if that helps.
Old 04-07-10, 11:09 PM
swagga89
Rookie

Originally Posted by ryan78
i dropped it a bit; i have maybe half a finger gap, if that. just need to level out. i will do so as soon as i can get some lift time. i also need to take some better pics. lol

thanks ryan..pictures were very helpful..I know there arent too many options for us AWD..do you experience vibrations? are they as bad as some make it seem?
Old 04-08-10, 03:54 AM
ryan78
Instructor

yes, but that is subjective. i am not happy with the vibrations, but that being said, i know there are some things that i can do to combat that. CM was very a very helpfull source of info as to what we can do to lessen the vibrations. the main issue is getting the car as level as possible. the general consensus is that the axle angle/cv joint is causing the vibrations as you go lower. the lower you go, the worse it gets. i believe telmz is as low as i am, but he has limited his vibrations by leveling it out. staggered wheels also add to the vibrations for some reason. don't know why. the BC coils are very nice, and have a lot of play for adjustability. i think if i take the time with someone who really knows how to set them up, the ride can be quite nice. i am not displeased with the ride at this point, but i do know it can get better. good luck with your decision. i will say that you can't beat the price on these things now. keep us posted.
Old 04-08-10, 04:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Chancellor
The BC coils are nice. I have the Tein CS and they are well worth the money.
no doubt about it. I love my set up. Much better just springs. I have not tried the Tanabe but I almost went with the Pro5 set up. Tein rules in my book. I think I paid $2600 for the set up and install including the EDFC and install for the EDFC. I think it was worth every penny
Old 04-08-10, 05:42 PM
ryan78
Instructor

i was looking at the Tein as well, but since the BC were made for AWD i went that direction. it would be nice to have EDFC, but oh well. lol

Quick Reply: Coilover Suspension