Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F-Sport Sways on GS460

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 07:32 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. This is helpful.

But still no comment from GS460 owners on whether these sways are good on the 460?
Old 05-17-10, 08:20 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

The real question is:

Are there any GS460's out there that have these sways installed?
Old 05-17-10, 09:45 PM
LexFather

http://www.lexus.com/models/GS/f-sport/index.html
F-Sport™ Performance Accessories are aftermarket parts and are not Genuine Lexus Parts and, therefore, may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Lexus Parts. F-Sport™ Accessories are warranted for 12 months from the date of installation or for the balance of the new-car or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warranty in force at the date of installation, whichever is greater, when installed by an authorized Lexus dealer. This warranty does not cover maintenance services such as replacement of brake pads/linings and clutch linings. This warranty does not cover noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused by normal wear and tear. F-Sport™ Accessories installed by anyone other than an authorized Lexus dealer are warranted for 12 months from the date of purchase only, and the warranty coverage is limited to the replacement value of the F-Sport™ Accessory. This warranty does not cover maintenance services such as replacement of brake pads/linings and clutch linings. This warranty does not cover noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused by normal wear and tear. Part failure caused by improper installation by anyone other than an authorized Lexus dealer may void the F-Sport™ Accessory warranty, the new-vehicle warranty or both.
Old 05-17-10, 10:14 PM
wingster
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by passnu2
Yea I just received the new bushing and they are much larger. I was thinking they would be wider to prevent the bar from shifting since that seemed to be what the issue was? But with the larger busing it should prevent any movement from it being tight.
The tightness actually caused a very slight bulge on the sides of the bushing... eliminating the gap between the bushing stop and bushing... if, that was the actual problem... It seems as though the solution that Lexus or whomever designed the sway bar/bushings, was to oversize the height and depth of the original bushing but leaving the overall width the same.

It's working so far. We've had cold, hot and rainy days here in Southern California in the past week... and not even clunk.

Last edited by wingster; 05-17-10 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-17-10, 10:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
The real question is:

Are there any GS460's out there that have these sways installed?
Leeladisky does, look at his sig
Old 05-17-10, 11:30 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
Leeladisky does, look at his sig
Yes and he wrote a response on this thread while adeptly not answering any of the original questions.
Old 05-18-10, 08:07 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Come on GS460 owners - please answer these 2 questions:
1) do the f-sport sways improve the handling?
2) did the dealer install them?
Old 05-18-10, 08:09 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the concern? Just do it! If the bars are truly larger than the stock ones, they're guaranteed to improve handling.
Old 05-18-10, 08:53 AM
sprintz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine's an '07 430, and the improvement in handling on my setup (stock everything else) is VERY noticeable.... much less body roll.

Although the install bulletin for the Sway Bars does not include the 430/460, Sewell Parts web site lists the 460 in the "also fits" list.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...-2007-466.html

The install bulletin is no longer on the Sewell site, but I think I recall reading that the sways are not recommended for 350's with the AVS installed. So, perhaps this is the reason why 430/460's are excluded. (this has already been hashed out in another thread).

I've got the new bushings in hand and I am debating whether to put 'em in myself or ask the Lexus dealership who did my install (yes, even though it was a 430) to take care of it. Since the TSB doesn't mention 430's, I'm wondering if they would even do it at this point.
Old 05-18-10, 08:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TWong1200
What's the concern? Just do it! If the bars are truly larger than the stock ones, they're guaranteed to improve handling.
pretty much says it all. and soon it will be the problem of the tires
Old 05-18-10, 09:02 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sprintz
Mine's an '07 430, and the improvement in handling on my setup (stock everything else) is VERY noticeable.... much less body roll.

Although the install bulletin for the Sway Bars does not include the 430/460, Sewell Parts web site lists the 460 in the "also fits" list.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...-2007-466.html

The install bulletin is no longer on the Sewell site, but I think I recall reading that the sways are not recommended for 350's with the AVS installed. So, perhaps this is the reason why 430/460's are excluded. (this has already been hashed out in another thread).

I've got the new bushings in hand and I am debating whether to put 'em in myself or ask the Lexus dealership who did my install (yes, even though it was a 430) to take care of it. Since the TSB doesn't mention 430's, I'm wondering if they would even do it at this point.
Does your gs430 have AVS? You can check if there is a sport normal switch next to the ect power normal switch?
Old 05-18-10, 09:21 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

I think the AVS is a standard option on 430s
Old 05-18-10, 10:43 AM
sprintz
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rider
I think the AVS is a standard option on 430s
yes, it is.
Old 05-18-10, 01:02 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the tips. I contacted the dealer I bought my car from. They seem to be more familiar with F-Sport accessories and have no problem with installing the sways on a GS460. They said the springs would be fine for the GS460 as well.

I asked them if they have the lated updated bushings, and he said they do, but that they are still polyurethane bushings and do need to be greased regularly to ensure they remain in good shape. Is that correct?
Old 05-18-10, 01:28 PM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

You should have asked if there would be compliance b/w AVS and the sways.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Sways on GS460