Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Going back to stock height.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-10, 09:13 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Going back to stock height.

Hey Guys,

I have an AWD350 and been on NF210s for the last 2 years, i'm 90% sure i'm going back to stock height this winter when i take off the rims. I'm just not feeling the wobble and vibrations anymore, its a shame when you drive a 50K car and you don't really want to drive around with your family and in-laws, LOL. I had it on 20s at stock height when i first got the car and it didn't look too bad, it does look much better lowered, but i'm tired of sacrificing the ride quality. Has anyone else with an AWD gone back to stock height? I'm still going to keep my 20s on there for spring, summer, and fall. I drive everyday with 3 people in the car, I drive with my brothers to work, so it will have a small appeal of lowered, LOL.
Old 08-26-10, 09:18 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not to mention that you can go over speed bumps, park on snow banks and drive up steep inclines without worrying about it.

With NJ having mostly the same climate as where I live, I think you're on the right track and being practical.
Old 08-26-10, 09:42 AM
KingTX1981
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedozz
Hey Guys,

I have an AWD350 and been on NF210s for the last 2 years, i'm 90% sure i'm going back to stock height this winter when i take off the rims. I'm just not feeling the wobble and vibrations anymore, its a shame when you drive a 50K car and you don't really want to drive around with your family and in-laws, LOL. I had it on 20s at stock height when i first got the car and it didn't look too bad, it does look much better lowered, but i'm tired of sacrificing the ride quality. Has anyone else with an AWD gone back to stock height? I'm still going to keep my 20s on there for spring, summer, and fall. I drive everyday with 3 people in the car, I drive with my brothers to work, so it will have a small appeal of lowered, LOL.
Any pics of the car with 20s for comparison before/after putting in springs? I'm trying to decide if I want to lower mine after putting on 20s...I too will be in the northeast starting next summer.
Old 08-26-10, 09:47 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by KingTX1981
Any pics of the car with 20s for comparison before/after putting in springs? I'm trying to decide if I want to lower mine after putting on 20s...I too will be in the northeast starting next summer.
do you look at any of the threads you make? Your Thread

Good luck with going back to stock. If i did, id just get rid of the rims too. It looks too funny at stock height.
Old 08-26-10, 09:51 AM
ecko1211
Rookie

i want to lower my gs but have read about these vibrations and wobbles. is it really that bad? i'm coming from a lowered 02 subaru wrx so maybe it won't bother me as much compared to people who are not use to it?
Old 08-26-10, 11:22 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Guys,

just go with coilovers, i know there's an app for the GS350 AWD. with the AWD specific coilovers, you won't have any wobble and vibrations anymore.

edit: see tungo's comments here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...awd-gs350.html

Last edited by Stormforge; 08-26-10 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-26-10, 11:40 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stormforge
just go with coilovers, i know there's an app for the GS350 AWD. with the AWD specific coilovers, you won't have any wobble and vibrations anymore.

edit: see tungo's comments here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...awd-gs350.html
not true. i have the awd coils as well as other members and we still have the vibrations.
Old 08-26-10, 12:32 PM
KingTX1981
Rookie

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
do you look at any of the threads you make? Your Thread

Good luck with going back to stock. If i did, id just get rid of the rims too. It looks too funny at stock height.
Oops, my bad, didn't notice the post.

After reviewing the pics, I have to agree - it does look funny at stock height on 20s.
Old 08-26-10, 03:50 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
not true. i have the awd coils as well as other members and we still have the vibrations.
oh my bad then. i thought the bc racing coilovers fixed the vibration problems.
Old 08-27-10, 03:06 AM
masterchri
Pole Position

damn.. and I thought that the NF210s are supposed to be the closest thing to factory ride..
Old 08-27-10, 03:33 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stormforge
oh my bad then. i thought the bc racing coilovers fixed the vibration problems.
lol i wish. the vibrations really arent all that bad and half the time i dont even notice them.
Old 08-27-10, 07:55 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

hey guys, so i was doing more thinking and looking at pics with GS's at stock height and i'm going to stay lowered on my NFs. The vibrations aren't really the problem, its more the wobble, especially in traffic when your forced to drive 15mph the whole time. But i don't really want to sacrifice the look right now. Hopefully the next Lexus i get will have a Sport suspension option like the Bimmers do, then i can stay factory with bigger rims or a RWD GS. Was looking at my GS yesterday from the window and just can't go back to stock height, LOL.
Old 08-27-10, 07:49 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by masterchri
damn.. and I thought that the NF210s are supposed to be the closest thing to factory ride..
imho, they are the closest thing to factory ride. they are great...for RWD GS!
Old 08-28-10, 04:01 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Was looking at my GS yesterday from the window and just can't go back to stock height, LOL.
same reason i can't go back to stock
Old 08-28-10, 08:35 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

why not try the sage RCA's to see if that helps out.

Quick Reply: Going back to stock height.