Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Camber Kit Parts Number HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-10, 04:06 PM
tungo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Camber Kit Parts Number HELP!

With the car being worked on, I might as well fix camber issues.

I have a GS350 AWD sitting on BC Full Sleeve coilovers and it's fairly low. I spoke with a member and got some parts number to fully adjust the rear suspension, and correct the front.

However, before ordering these parts, I want to make sure the parts will fit. Some parts are interchangeable between AWD and RWD such as the rear struts, but the front struts aren't.

Does anyone know if the rear suspension components will fit on AWD?

Are the part numbers the same for the rear camber kit, rear toe control arm, rear adjustable traction arm, and rear adjustable upper arm the same for AWD and RWD?

Also is the front camber ball joint the same for AWD and RWD?

I'm wanting to order:

MR-6712 (Rear Camber Kit)
MR-6713 (Rear Toe Control Arm)
MR-6714 (Rear Adjustable Traction Arm)
MR-6715 (Rear Adjustable Upper Arm)

all from Megan Racing and

SPC-67525 from SPC to adjust the fronts.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-17-10, 06:02 PM
username32
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Careful with Megan stuff, any of their items utilizing ball joints or spherical rods ends suck ***. They are some cheap Chinese rod ends so they wear out hella fast. Im not just saying it either, i used some of their stuff a few years back and yea it lasted like 3-4 months before i started hearing creaks and clanking noises over bumps.
Old 11-17-10, 07:10 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you can also order these from FIGS if you dont trust the quality of Megan. FIGS has some great stuff to offer also.

On the Megan if I recall correct you dont need the Traction Arm but the other 3. Sure someone can confirm or look for my post on this from may or april of this year.

They will work on your car. All 3 arms are identical on the rear even if you have AWD. The front FIGS is working on upper arms. I sent my OEM to him and it was on his list to make. I havent heard any updates but Im sure he will have something great for all of us
Old 11-18-10, 08:23 AM
tungo
Intermediate

I realize that Megan isn't the greatest stuff, but this is really the only option I have. I had SPC on my last car and if this brand was available for what my car, believe me I wouldn't even think twice about Megan.

Chuckdaddy, whom I've spoken to told me that he ordered all 4 parts for the rear in order to do a full correction.

I can order the parts for the rear first, but am willing to wait on the front. I like SPC products as I've had good experience with them in the past.
Old 11-18-10, 10:06 AM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, after looking through CL (mostly via research from Mike - Passnu2) you only need 3 of those bars. The Toe and two upper camber bars.

Let us know how it works out. I have a AWD too, but just thought the rear suspension was the same as RWD. I'm looking to install the 3 bars myself in the next few months.

Also, even though Megan Racing is "cheap", couldn't you just lube or grease the joints every few months to avoid the squeaks? I mean, we shouldn't have to, but there aren't many options to correct the negative camber...
Old 11-18-10, 06:21 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

check out Figgs products. I havent seen anything that beats his work. He's a member, drives a Lexus, and is a vendor on here All positive in my book
Old 11-18-10, 07:15 PM
tungo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by passnu2
check out Figgs products. I havent seen anything that beats his work. He's a member, drives a Lexus, and is a vendor on here All positive in my book
Thanks Mike. I will pm him. My alignment isn't completely out of whack, but it is causing my tires to cup a little.