Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Sage RCA kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-11, 09:12 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can make it for way less then 180..but i do believe in profit margin!!!!!
Old 02-16-11, 04:19 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

of course you can make it for less if you have access to the machinery and tooling which 95% of people dont.
Old 02-16-11, 11:10 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

you know what ill drive around for 6 month with the washer and grade A bolt lets see how long ill last...then i can prove that you can get it done for 40 bucks..only thing ill have to watch for is the steal washers rusting or breaking.i'll also have a set make just like the SAGE RCA just in case the washer breaks.. honda guys been using this method for years. i'll keep you all posted..i used 13x4 high strength washer from my local plumbing store but you will need grade A bolts cause your oem bolt is to short. i made it 30mm. my car rides like stock , i can go lower with my air in my bags.
Old 02-20-11, 03:37 PM
1supra
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could find SS spacers like this along with high strength bolts on mcmastercar for less than $50. I like this concept of dropping a inch and keeping a soft ride

dont know the bolt sizes but something like this?
http://www.mcmaster.com/#spacers-and-standoffs/=b4ghh0

what ever class bolt ya want
http://www.mcmaster.com/#socket-head-cap-screws/=b4gpdt

Last edited by 1supra; 02-20-11 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-03-11, 05:42 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmmmm...very interesting thread.

Alwayzspeedin, in that pic you posted...are those washers installed on an AWD 3GS?

I have to agree with you, the RCAs concept is pretty simple. Unfortunately, having access to autocad, engineering approval, a CNC machine, raw materials, and other hardware supplies to put the kit together is not easy.

My concern with your setup is there could be movement between washers....and much play between the washer opening and the bolt, which can cause vibration issues. Also, it looks like the OEM bolt was used which means you've got 30mm less of thread contact to the brake assembly...not safe again. And finally, the quality of the bolt should be upgraded to the best available on the market...its pricey...and hard to find, but well worth it.

Good luck with your version...and post up your prototype.

Last edited by PHML; 03-03-11 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-03-11, 05:49 PM
Agent0024
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen people that tracked their cars hard using RCA that are made out of DOM tubing and high grade bolts without any problems. I'm not hating on the Sage RCA kit, I'm just saying that there's other ways of making the same thing.

Edit: Those cars weren't Hondas.
Old 03-04-11, 10:35 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PHML
Hmmmm...very interesting thread.

Alwayzspeedin, in that pic you posted...are those washers installed on an AWD 3GS?

I have to agree with you, the RCAs concept is pretty simple. Unfortunately, having access to autocad, engineering approval, a CNC machine, raw materials, and other hardware supplies to put the kit together is not easy.

My concern with your setup is there could be movement between washers....and much play between the washer opening and the bolt, which can cause vibration issues. Also, it looks like the OEM bolt was used which means you've got 30mm less of thread contact to the brake assembly...not safe again. And finally, the quality of the bolt should be upgraded to the best available on the market...its pricey...and hard to find, but well worth it.

Good luck with your version...and post up your prototype.
rwd ....i'm still on it rides just fine we check it every few weeks...i'm going to run it for about 6 month to prove that it works...not trying to burn your sale or anything , just another DIY..for us poor folks
Old 03-04-11, 05:13 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alwayzspeedin
rwd ....i'm still on it rides just fine we check it every few weeks...i'm going to run it for about 6 month to prove that it works...not trying to burn your sale or anything , just another DIY..for us poor folks
No worries bro!!

I just don't want to see something happen to you or your ride using the washers.
Old 03-04-11, 07:57 PM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF does RCA stand for? And why is it only for the front? I'm getting DF210 springs for my GS350 ( I had the same springs on my GS300). If I recall correct, the gap was even. So why lowering the front? I'd get a raked look then wouldn't I?
Old 03-04-11, 08:43 PM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

^^mike, the RCAs in essence push the lower control arm down where the strut bolts up to. So when you have coils, it gives the strut more up and down room, making the ride better. In the process, it also lowers the car.
Do a search on these on CL. There are pictures and write ups that can explain it a little better than me.
Old 03-04-11, 11:21 PM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

Oh I'm very interested!! I wish it had the rears too... But then for the price, might as well get coils. lol
Old 03-05-11, 08:29 AM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

They have the rears for 2GS, I guess it's only a matter of time for the 3GS.
Old 03-05-11, 10:51 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PHML
No worries bro!!

I just don't want to see something happen to you or your ride using the washers.
yeah i understand thanx.....if RCA comes out with soomething for 3gs rears ill be all over it
Old 03-05-11, 11:04 AM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

Kris, they got it for the front only now as I understand. Come on, let's get some for the rear right now!!
Old 03-16-11, 06:02 PM
BennyD
Rookie

LMFAO!!!!!! washer on a Japanese luxury??????

Quick Reply: Sage RCA kit