Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Bc racing coilovers. Who has them?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-11, 12:03 PM
Buyakasha
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bc racing coilovers. Who has them?

Hello everyone, just wanted to ask all the bc coilover owners how they like them. I have RWD model but would also like to hear from the AWD crowd since I know that a lot of you are running BC's.

Basically, if I could get you guys to post your ride heights, spring rates, pillow ball or rubber mount option, gripes or raves, ride quality and/or performance, and if possible any personal comparisons to other suspension set ups in a 3GS.

This would help me out a lot and Im sure would do our 3GS community some good since I haven't seen much comment on this product even though I know there's a good number of folks running these.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-19-11, 12:48 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

Car: RWD
Spring Rates: "custom" 8F 7R.. but I'm not too sure...
Mounts: Rubber
Ride Height: 1.5 finger gap

Thoughts: Love the design of the coilovers. Adjusting the height does not affect ride quality. Ride is pretty good for a lowered car, but harsh over big bumprs or pot holes. Right now I have it softest on the front and 5 clicks from softest on the rears. I'm still playing around with it to figure out what's the most comfortable settings. Any one have recommendations?
Old 02-19-11, 05:52 PM
Buyakasha
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for posting blacksedan!

When you go over large bumps and potholes does it feel like your struts are bottoming out or does it feel like the suspension just follows the road surfaces closely, as if you had a very rigid suspension setup?
Old 02-19-11, 06:36 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have BC Racing BR with custom spring rates also, more of a comfort sport set up with my dampening set to stiffer ride. I am tucking tire front and back about a 1/2inch gap between fender and rim in the rear, and as low as I can go in the front, and still turn the wheel. I love the ride overall but on large bumps I will experience some bottoming out but its nothing to serious for as low as I ride.These also have the capability of going super low, I would definitely recommend them to a friend
Old 02-22-11, 11:24 AM
Buyakasha
Driver School Candidate

Thanks ikapimp, I'm just curious as to what you guys are bottoming out on, is it the strut bottoming or is it something else?