Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Active Suspension System

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-22, 02:14 PM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nzxyxy
Hi, there are quite a few of the GS460 models imported into New Zealand as second hand imports from Japan - both being right hand drive markets. Quite a few of these cars are equipped with **** as well as other safety equipment such as the Driver Monitoring System. A recent search of the motor vehicle register showed there are about 65 RHD 2008 GS460's registered - notably fewer 2009-2010 models (in line with the significant drop off in other markets). My own GS460 appears to have many of the options available with the exception of parking sensors. My GS also has factory body kit, LED DRL, Radar Cruise, LKA, sunroof, amongst all the other usual stuff like heated/cooled seats etc.

Typical prices shown are around NZD$14000 (or USD$10000).

Pictures, PLEASE!!! I still can't believe what a mess Doug Demuro about the HIGHER END Lexus models...NEVER reviewed ANY V8 (or 2JZ) GS or Aristo... Never any GS460 or even an LS460L w/ Executive Package (only the LS600hL- which YES, very sweet- but what about the 2UR cars?!)

I'd LOVE to hear his thoughts on the A.P.S.S.S. in an '07-'11 GS430/GS450h/GS460

Please post pics of your GS though, brother!

I'd love to read about that Driver Monitoring System for the J-Spec GS cars... I believe it was only available in the LS, here in USA. Right?
THIS: https://lexusenthusiast.com/2007/09/...toring-system/
Old 02-06-23, 11:32 PM
Petroliam
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to lead off topic a little, i'll probably start a new thread but while this is relatively fresh I'll ask here..
Does anyone know if these systems have any known faults? Or have access to wrecked ones in New Zealand?
I've just had this warning come up on my 06 450h and can only assume without proper diagnosis that's what it must be related to.

Old 02-08-23, 02:45 PM
Oceans13
Advanced

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts

Plug it into techstream and see what the fault is
Old 02-08-23, 08:22 PM
nzxyxy
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

When I received this warning (albeit in Japanese as my car is a second-hand import from Japan - google translate is my friend!) - my obd2 scanner suggested low battery voltage in the secondary battery located in the boot/trunk adjacent to the control mechanism. A check by the local mechanics confirmed the battery was dead / flat - installed a new one - problem disappeared. The frustrating thing is that this 'separate / special' battery is not a run of the mill battery - it is a special size (taller), costs way more than the standard 12V battery and lasted less than 3 years since I had replaced it previously.
Old 02-08-23, 08:31 PM
nzxyxy
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default New Zealand GS460 (ex JDM)

Old 02-08-23, 10:02 PM
Petroliam
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nzxyxy
When I received this warning (albeit in Japanese as my car is a second-hand import from Japan - google translate is my friend!) - my obd2 scanner suggested low battery voltage in the secondary battery located in the boot/trunk adjacent to the control mechanism. A check by the local mechanics confirmed the battery was dead / flat - installed a new one - problem disappeared. The frustrating thing is that this 'separate / special' battery is not a run of the mill battery - it is a special size (taller), costs way more than the standard 12V battery and lasted less than 3 years since I had replaced it previously.
Hoping that's the case. I stripped the boot to have a look and thought wouldn't it be nice if it was just a battery haha wreckers would want a bijillion dollars for other components I bet haha