Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Airrunner with 20"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-11, 12:12 PM
jea
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airrunner with 20"?

What is the most aggressive offset+width for 20" wheel with stretched tyres you can run on a GS with airrunner and rolled/shaved fender without pull? I plan to get Megan Adjustable Rear Lower Camber Arm's and Megan Adjustable Rear Toe Arm's for slight negative camber

I would like to achieve this kind of look:
Old 03-24-11, 01:40 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am shaved flat on the inside and shaved and rolled on the front I can t go any more aggressive without hitting my fenders in the rear at 20x 10.5 +26.5 (I had a spacer milled 2.5 mm to achieve) it would be super close at +26 and my fronts are a 9+12 I would go 9.5 +18 if you want the rim to just tuck.(enabling you to still ride super low cause you won t tear up the fenders) if you just want the fenders to sit in the groove bettween the rim and tire I would go 15mm more aggressive than these specs. Btw i have a 225/30 in the front on a 9 if you go with the 9.5 I'd go 235/30 and the rear 245/30-20. Trust me I have played with this thing for along time to get as low and aggressive on coils as possible and still drive the damn thing. None of my fenders were pulled and I personally want to keep the shape of my fenders factory! Good luck!
Old 03-24-11, 08:45 PM
jea
Rookie

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
I am shaved flat on the inside and shaved and rolled on the front I can t go any more aggressive without hitting my fenders in the rear at 20x 10.5 +26.5 (I had a spacer milled 2.5 mm to achieve) it would be super close at +26 and my fronts are a 9+12 I would go 9.5 +18 if you want the rim to just tuck.(enabling you to still ride super low cause you won t tear up the fenders) if you just want the fenders to sit in the groove bettween the rim and tire I would go 15mm more aggressive than these specs. Btw i have a 225/30 in the front on a 9 if you go with the 9.5 I'd go 235/30 and the rear 245/30-20. Trust me I have played with this thing for along time to get as low and aggressive on coils as possible and still drive the damn thing. None of my fenders were pulled and I personally want to keep the shape of my fenders factory! Good luck!
Your car look super sweet with perfect wheel width+offset! However, isn't it lowering with air suspension would allow more aggressive fitment? Also i am getting camber it too so i need a more aggressive fitment to achieve the look of the 2GS in the picture?
Old 03-24-11, 08:49 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

I got to say thats a sweet looking GS.

Anyone know the name of the rims on it ? thanks

The JP wing is a pretty nice addition as well.
Old 03-24-11, 09:03 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NVTHSLEX
Anyone know the name of the rims on it ?
They're JP Scara's.
Old 03-24-11, 09:03 PM
jea
Rookie

Originally Posted by NVTHSLEX
I got to say thats a sweet looking GS.

Anyone know the name of the rims on it ? thanks

The JP wing is a pretty nice addition as well.
It is Junction Produce Scara Japan. You can find the spec in this link http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25201
Old 03-24-11, 10:55 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to tack tire then it going to a +30 in the front and 35 in the rear 20x9 20x10.5 will work will minimal rolling the camber arm you plan on getting from ash will help the rear not the front but it only going to adjust the toe more than anything
Old 03-25-11, 02:49 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

If your not trying to pull your fenders and still drive low i wouldn't t go more aggressive. Just cause you have air doesn t mean thd wheel isn t going to camber in any differently than mine does when I compress my suspension with a jack. Most of those super poked out looks are acheived with fender pulling and riding high enough to not tear up the fenders. It's your car bro just giving you some insight
Old 03-25-11, 05:42 AM
jea
Rookie

If your not trying to pull your fenders and still drive low i wouldn't t go more aggressive. Just cause you have air doesn t mean thd wheel isn t going to camber in any differently than mine does when I compress my suspension with a jack. Most of those super poked out looks are acheived with fender pulling and riding high enough to not tear up the fenders. It's your car bro just giving you some insight
How about with Adjustable Rear Lower Camber Arm's and Megan Adjustable Rear Toe Arm's for more camber, can i fix with more aggressive wheels?

Also if 19" with aggressive offset doesn't rub, does it mean 20" with the same offset won't rub too? I love the look of CL member kenstylegs car but i wish to go 20" instead of 19"
Old 03-25-11, 06:57 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Kenstyle has his fenders pulled also. The specs I gave you will allow you ride low without pulling fenders. My rear toe is within spec I don t see why you would need added arms for more toe and more camber is going to eat tires up faster especially if they re stretched. When I compress my suspension with another Jack under my wheel my rear tucks by 1-2 mm it's super close. The front is perfectly flush at my ride height but will tuck by slightly more not all to different than the first pic you posted. If the rim is poked out to far and you ride low when you hit a bump your going to tear up the fender and rim. Like I said you can definitely go more aggressive but you ll have to get into pulling fenders and running ridiculous amounts of camber. It's all relative!
Old 03-25-11, 10:21 PM
jea
Rookie

I thought kenstyle only rolled his fender?
This is a quote from 3GS wheel thread.
[QUOTE=kenstylegs;5201020]
Originally Posted by [0350]

when i use to have megan coilover with 3 in drop. i have no issue with rubbing fender. just simply use the fender roller to roll. but now with air runner, i have rise a little higher than before, cuz it's not stiff as coil spring. i don't rise to stock height unless is my girlfriend or my mom wants to drive my gs.
Also the white 2GS owner says he only rolled his fender but running -4 camber on all 4 wheels. I'm planning to go the same route as him for a better VIP look.
Old 03-25-11, 11:30 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

^^^ well when he rolled his fender he flared them out I can see it with my own eyes. the 2gs looks to have more of the stock shape to the fenders. If I had bags, when dropped my wheels would tuck as close as the white one.
Old 03-26-11, 12:35 AM
jea
Rookie

^^^ well when he rolled his fender he flared them out I can see it with my own eyes. the 2gs looks to have more of the stock shape to the fenders. If I had bags, when dropped my wheels would tuck as close as the white one.
How about if with -4 camber angle for rear wheel? Does it mean i can go a little bit more aggressive as i like the look of some negative camber at the back. Quicker tyre wear and camber wear are alright for me.
Old 03-26-11, 09:59 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

I'm running -3.5 in the rear with factory arms and .13• of toe. The toe is within factory specs of .04-.20 in the front I'm running -3• of camber all factory. These camber measurements are at ride height I'm sure if you bag it and drop it while slammed you will obviously have more - camber. But anyway like I said when I compress my back wheel it tucks and look almost identical to how the white gs looks
Old 03-27-11, 10:38 AM
jea
Rookie

I'm running -3.5 in the rear with factory arms and .13• of toe. The toe is within factory specs of .04-.20 in the front I'm running -3• of camber all factory. These camber measurements are at ride height I'm sure if you bag it and drop it while slammed you will obviously have more - camber. But anyway like I said when I compress my back wheel it tucks and look almost identical to how the white gs looks
Thanks a lot for your suggestion! I should be going to same route as you then. May I know what tyres are you running stretched?

Quick Reply: Airrunner with 20"?