Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Tanabe nf210s

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-11, 01:33 PM
jayajello
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe nf210s

I have a 2008 gs 350 awd and sometime soon i am looking to drop it on tanabe nf210s, its my first drop and i want to see how it will be, and after the drop i am looking to get rims and have a staggered stance probably with 20x9.5 in front and 20x10 in the back would i have any problems with rubbing and all of that nonsense?
Old 08-15-11, 03:37 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

I am about to do the same....just ordered Vossens with that wheel size set up. From what I have read the NF210's are a pretty conservative drop, it seems everyone who gets them switches to the DF's.....

I have a question that with my Nitto Nt555's,....275/30/20's for the rear and 245/35/20 for the front will I have any rubbing issues if I go with the tanabe DF's.........????????
Old 08-15-11, 09:37 PM
jayajello
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SLVRGS
I am about to do the same....just ordered Vossens with that wheel size set up. From what I have read the NF210's are a pretty conservative drop, it seems everyone who gets them switches to the DF's.....

I have a question that with my Nitto Nt555's,....275/30/20's for the rear and 245/35/20 for the front will I have any rubbing issues if I go with the tanabe DF's.........????????
wich vossens did you order? and i hate being such a beginner with cars, when people say all of these specifications for tires and what not it just confuses me, one day soon i will get the hang of it lmao
Old 08-15-11, 09:55 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

The VVS083 silver machined......it takes a lot of time....when I was younger I was way more into it....but other things and hobbys become more important....you can read for ever on here....but sometimes you just want an answer as sometimes the more you read the more confused you get lol!
Old 08-15-11, 10:06 PM
LeXGS450H
Driver School Candidate

Slvrgs, I'm on the same mission, I got 083's on my gs450h but I don't know how to lower it. I heard DF's are the way to go but I want to hear it from the forum what they recommend.
Old 08-15-11, 10:12 PM
jayajello
Pit Crew

from what i have read, the nfs give it about an inch of a drop and still make it the driving feel like stock, and the df's give it lower drop…hmm decisions decisions..probably going with nf's as a start
Old 08-16-11, 07:23 AM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

I think I am going to order the DF's today or tomorrow.....nobody on here seems to complain that they are too low....I am sure the NFs give you a great ride maybe even better than stock but barely an inch, I don't think that would do it for me, as I see a ton of people going to the DF's after.....I had my first Generation GS on Eibachs and was happy, on my TBird, I have Eibachs as well but wish it was lower.....hopefully I will be satisified with the DF's....my wheels are shipping today....I was set on Coilovers at first to just do this car right but am not interested in lowering beyond what the DFs should do and being my suspension is pretty fresh, I can do the coilovers in the future if need be!
Old 08-16-11, 05:24 PM
jayajello
Pit Crew

Let me know how it goes and what the finished product looks like!
Old 08-16-11, 06:26 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think I am going to order the DF's today or tomorrow.....nobody on here seems to complain that they are too low....I am sure the NFs give you a great ride maybe even better than stock but barely an inch, I don't think that would do it for me, as I see a ton of people going to the DF's after.....I had my first Generation GS on Eibachs and was happy, on my TBird, I have Eibachs as well but wish it was lower.....hopefully I will be satisified with the DF's....my wheels are shipping today....I was set on Coilovers at first to just do this car right but am not interested in lowering beyond what the DFs should do and being my suspension is pretty fresh, I can do the coilovers in the future if need be!
1sicklex has DF210 springs, you can ask him how the ride quality is like.

Originally Posted by jayajello
from what i have read, the nfs give it about an inch of a drop and still make it the driving feel like stock, and the df's give it lower drop…hmm decisions decisions..probably going with nf's as a start
correct. it all depends on what you want in terms of looks and ride quality. if you want near stock ride and willing to sacrifice lowering, get the NF210. if you want to go lower and willing to accept a harsher ride, then DF210 is the spring you want. alternatively, you can always go with coilovers to get both the lowered look and similar to stock ride.

Last edited by Stormforge; 08-16-11 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-16-11, 10:30 PM
jayajello
Pit Crew

thanks stormforge, but as soon as i can afford springs i will buy the nf210s just because its the first time im lowering a car and in new york the roads arent the best so a small drop is perfect, now its just a matter of time before i get some nice rims and i have to look into tire specs and all that jazz
Old 08-17-11, 07:22 AM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

DF's I think it is........I found a vendor on here but if anyone has another referral for the tanabe's I am going to order them within the next day.........thanks....I am in Chicago but it is just a pleasure vehicle so I am not too worried, I think it should still drive reasonably well, but if not coil overs will be in the future onces I put some actual miles on these stock shocks.......
Old 08-17-11, 08:43 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

if anyone has another referral for the tanabe's I am going to order them within the next day
do a search for DF210, i'm sure you'll come across someone posting his experience about them...