Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Which coil overs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-12, 08:06 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

lol... we share the same suspension/struts as the ISx50. Just in case you're a bit confused. CircuitMS so far has one of the best prices i've seen on the net around, unless you can get it local like me, there's no price to beat that so far

And thank you for the compliments, i've yet to find the time to slap the money over and get the 2nd half of the kit! (been sooo sooo sooo busy.... after this summer semester though, i'll be FREE!)
Old 06-25-12, 03:52 PM
Lex6583
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just dropped it the BC coilovers and I love them. Should have initially gone with them :/
Old 06-26-12, 01:09 AM
sexylexygs
Driver School Candidate

lex6583 is the BC coilover feel like stock? how the ride comfort
Old 06-26-12, 01:16 AM
sexylexygs
Driver School Candidate

i just got my 19in HRE 597r cant wait to slap it in but i need to lower my awd 3gs but dont know which coilover to get. megan, bcr does JIC have it in awd 3gs? and what size trie should i get it 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear. my car is a awd. pls help anyone
Old 06-26-12, 07:46 AM
Evel
Driver

Default BCR Coiliovers for GS3's AWD - Question

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
The 10k/8k rates on the BCR coilover give a nice controlled, slightly firmer ride on the GS, but they are still comfortable for street use. It is a really good setup for the money, best for around $1k IMO.

If you would like a kit hit us up, we can go over the different spring rates options, etc. and gett you taken care of
CMS,
Has the BCR refined the coilover kit to minimize or eliminate the dreaded vibration issue that most AWD owners have complained about with springs & coilovers alike? I recall a majority of the original owners that led to the development of the c-over kit had the vibration issue & the root cause ranged from the angle of the driveshaft, need for spacers, engine mounts,...all over the place.

The last time I checked all of the postings on the topic, "the" root cause had not been identified & the consensus was "there's a good chance you will have vibration if you lower the AWD version, so either accept it or leave stock suspension in place".
Old 06-26-12, 03:03 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Evel
CMS,
Has the BCR refined the coilover kit to minimize or eliminate the dreaded vibration issue that most AWD owners have complained about with springs & coilovers alike? I recall a majority of the original owners that led to the development of the c-over kit had the vibration issue & the root cause ranged from the angle of the driveshaft, need for spacers, engine mounts,...all over the place.

The last time I checked all of the postings on the topic, "the" root cause had not been identified & the consensus was "there's a good chance you will have vibration if you lower the AWD version, so either accept it or leave stock suspension in place".

It's not a coilover issue or a spring issue, it has something to do with the design of the suspension and driveline on the AWD. So there is nothing BC can design into the coilover.

Some guys get it and some don't, it;s still kind of a mystery...
Old 06-26-12, 04:08 PM
Evel
Driver

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
It's not a coilover issue or a spring issue, it has something to do with the design of the suspension and driveline on the AWD. So there is nothing BC can design into the coilover.

Some guys get it and some don't, it;s still kind of a mystery...
Appreciate the feedback CMS.
Old 06-27-12, 12:56 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem
Old 08-10-12, 06:33 PM
mrgs430
Rookie

Hey Club Lexus,

Trying to find out what happens when you go from stock (sport button) to coilovers on a gs430? I know you loose that function but do any lights come up since the system is no longer connected? Anyone close to Corona/OC area for coilover install?
Old 08-11-12, 12:20 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

You won't miss it, BC's currently working on their own version of the EDFC (been doing a bit of reading on it lately).

Stock "sport/firm" button does not make any difference in handling besides confidence and stiffening of the struts.
Old 08-28-12, 05:19 AM
hdlex
Driver School Candidate

I bought the tanabe sustec pro thru a sponsor and I thought on middle damper setting that it drove very similar to stock in terms of comfort, you will not lose that luxury car feel i would recomend those. On the other hand I cannot comment about any other coilovers.
Old 08-29-12, 10:47 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 469 Likes on 291 Posts

I love BC Racing, I literally tracked my GS460 and didn't twitch a bit. Confident into corners. The only problem I had was the squashy brakes after about 3 laps. and ofcourse, crappy falken tires i have!
Old 04-01-13, 11:45 AM
jaguar_83
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had my megan street-lp series coils installed this weekend and all I have to say is AWESOME! Total drop height is about an inch & a half and I have them set to 20 on the damper adjustment. Had them installed by a dude I found on craigslist that works from home that specializes on suspensions, it only took him a little over an hour to install all four and about another 30 min to adjust them to the height I wanted. Once installed I test drove it on the street and freeway and it rides perfect. A little stiffer than stock but nothing extreme. Road noise is almost the same and I have no vibration issues.
Attached Thumbnails Which coil overs?-photo-1.jpg   Which coil overs?-photo-2.jpg  
Old 04-05-13, 02:59 PM
finland
Driver School Candidate

Default gen3 gs300 coilovers

hello.
i am new in her and from Finland so my english is not so good.
i just sold my IS200 tte compressor and bought GS300 -05 gen3. i have called almoust every company in finland wich imports coils and springs and they all say that they cant sell me anything. So my question is that is the IS250 gen2 chassy same as GS300 gen3 as ebay says? cause there is not much colis for my car in ebay. And i want to go low with my GS

thanks
jari mänkärlä
Old 04-08-13, 08:21 AM
jaguar_83
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by finland
hello.
i am new in her and from Finland so my english is not so good.
i just sold my IS200 tte compressor and bought GS300 -05 gen3. i have called almoust every company in finland wich imports coils and springs and they all say that they cant sell me anything. So my question is that is the IS250 gen2 chassy same as GS300 gen3 as ebay says? cause there is not much colis for my car in ebay. And i want to go low with my GS

thanks
jari mänkärlä
Hey Jari, when I was shopping for my coils I found that that the 2nd Gen IS and the 3rd Gen GS share the same suspension. So I can confirm that the coils you purchase for your GS will fit even though they fit the IS as well.

Quick Reply: Which coil overs?