Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Camber off with stock suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-12, 09:53 AM
uncandid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camber off with stock suspension

Anyone with stock suspension have camber issues? My friend's gs350 is bone stock and after an alignment it reads the camber in the rear is at -1.0 on the left and 1.9 on the right. His camber on the right front is also more than the left front. ANyone else run inter this issue? Does stock suspension need camber kits too? Will this cause premature tire wear? Thanks
Old 10-27-12, 09:58 AM
2Peps
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2006 GS 300 AWD and camber is at -3.1 on the rear left side. I cannot find a camber bolt/kit that can correct this. I would like to know if someone knows how to correct this.
Old 11-04-12, 09:25 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Megan Racing makes a camber kit for our cars. they're interchangable with 2IS vehicles.

http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...d=886&catid=25

Toe adjustments, you will have to look somewhere else on these forums.
Old 11-05-12, 10:45 AM
1supra
Pole Position

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ing-tires.html

same prob for me also
Old 12-31-12, 12:22 PM
uncandid
Driver

Does anyone have the inner tire wear with stock suspension even after proper alignment? Im just wondering since we have negative camber even with stock suspension, does this cause our inner tires to wear unevenly and prematurely?
Old 01-01-13, 07:20 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 770 Likes on 664 Posts

Must have been in a light accident and tweaked something. But I am sure a good alignment shop can probably space out with shims possibly
Old 01-06-13, 08:40 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 469 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by uncandid
Im just wondering since we have negative camber even with stock suspension
Really? I had not idea! I looked at my car with stock suspension and wondered if the camber could be any more positive!!!!!
Old 01-06-13, 09:00 AM
uncandid
Driver

Originally Posted by designo
Really? I had not idea! I looked at my car with stock suspension and wondered if the camber could be any more positive!!!!!
Did you ever check your camber numbers after an alignment?
Old 01-09-13, 09:17 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

I have the same problem, the alignment guy told me to buy an adjustable tie rod, like the megan or spc.

Then I called SPC I told him my situation, I told him the specs. He said at some point that cars left rear wheel took a side hit. I told him it was never wrecked and none of the oem wheels were marred. He told me to try this, and sounds like it may work, tomorrow im going to take the car to the mechanic.

He said loose the bolts on the rear sub cross member, and push the whole assembly to the side that needs to be adjusted. So in my case I have to push the cross member to the passenger side because my driver toe is out of adjustment. He explained that if I do that toe, and chamber all will straighten out.
The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (04-03-19)
Old 01-10-13, 02:03 PM
uncandid
Driver

Originally Posted by ibidu1
I have the same problem, the alignment guy told me to buy an adjustable tie rod, like the megan or spc.

Then I called SPC I told him my situation, I told him the specs. He said at some point that cars left rear wheel took a side hit. I told him it was never wrecked and none of the oem wheels were marred. He told me to try this, and sounds like it may work, tomorrow im going to take the car to the mechanic.

He said loose the bolts on the rear sub cross member, and push the whole assembly to the side that needs to be adjusted. So in my case I have to push the cross member to the passenger side because my driver toe is out of adjustment. He explained that if I do that toe, and chamber all will straighten out.
Wow, thats awesome. Can you please let me know how this turns out and if you could post a before and after alignment report that would be great.
Old 01-12-13, 09:09 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, thats awesome. Can you please let me know how this turns out and if you could post a before and after alignment report that would be great.
Waiting for my new tires to come in before I take it to my mechanic. Should be monday or tuesday, I may stop into lexus and speak to one of the alignment guys and see what they think
Old 01-12-13, 11:39 AM
uncandid
Driver

thanks for the update, looking forward to the results
Old 01-20-13, 09:44 PM
uncandid
Driver

Any luck with the alignment?
Old 01-20-13, 09:48 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Any luck with the alignment?

I still haven't had time to take it back to the alignment shop. But I did take it to my mechanic and he looked at the arm and said the toe wasn't maxed out. I had him also inspect the cross member to see if it had shifted and it hadn't. All the bushings were good, and arms were all straight. So we will see!

If I become free on Mon or Tuesday I will have them mount my new tires and do another alignment.
Old 01-25-13, 07:43 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

I just had the car realigned turns out the previous alignment guy tried to play a fast one on me. He wanted more work, I pulled the toe arm and went to inspect it and I found out there was a lot of adjustment left. So I took it to another shop (same company) and had them realign it. All the numbers are in spec now.

I would suggest having your friend go to another alignment shop, and if they can't align it then have them inspect for any bent bars or worn bushings.

Quick Reply: Camber off with stock suspension