Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F Sport vs Tanabe

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-12, 08:20 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Outrage
A swap to the RWD model's springs could be considered a "drop" on an AWD model. The height difference is 15 mm (~0.6 inches).
True that would be a drop, but heck I want even more without being too low,
Old 11-21-12, 08:33 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i went to to dealer and overheard Christmas. which doesn't make any sense to me, who the hell is going to buy springs christmas day( ME ). i'm almost positive it will be before. i'm going to speak to one of my UC contacts, i say undercover because he tells me things he's not supposed to. i'll keep you posted
Hey isn't your GS an AWD version? I wasn't sure if your dealer will install them on the AWD if its for the RWD only... Let me know I want to do it too!
Old 11-21-12, 10:41 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Hey isn't your GS an AWD version? I wasn't sure if your dealer will install them on the AWD if its for the RWD only... Let me know I want to do it too!
yeah Rex, i do have an AWD. the techie whom i also call a friend said that he will install the F-Sport springs on my AWD. the springs will be for AWD.
Old 11-22-12, 09:29 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
yeah Rex, i do have an AWD. the techie whom i also call a friend said that he will install the F-Sport springs on my AWD. the springs will be for AWD.
I have 2 independent mechanics who have worked on my cars before with the front spoiler on the GS and the optional rims on my BMW. I will contact both of them to see if they can do this for me. It shouldn't be a big labor to do. I won't tell my dealership anything. Man I am more excited now!
Old 11-22-12, 09:57 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm also interested in AWD springs, since I'll be getting an AWD GS this time......In the past, lowering an AWD led to lots of problems. People would start feeling vibrations after lowering the car. I really hope that there won't be such problems with the 4GS. This was actually the main reason why I went with an RWD 3GS instead.
Old 11-22-12, 10:52 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
I have 2 independent mechanics who have worked on my cars before with the front spoiler on the GS and the optional rims on my BMW. I will contact both of them to see if they can do this for me. It shouldn't be a big labor to do. I won't tell my dealership anything. Man I am more excited now!
if someone else installs the F-Sport springs other than Lexus i believe you void the warranty on the springs and whatever damage that may incur (God forbid) while you're running the springs. i may have read it wrong ... don't quote me but i'll look again to be sure.
Old 11-22-12, 12:07 PM
ialexxx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same concern as sniper since I have heard in the past lowering AWD lexus's have led to vibration issues. Still waiting for to hear results from people that have done so already or going to do it.
Old 11-22-12, 12:09 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ialexxx
I have the same concern as sniper since I have heard in the past lowering AWD lexus's have led to vibration issues. Still waiting for to hear results from people that have done so already or going to do it.
Same, with my older 3GS I sticked with the 18 inch wheels and slightly thicker tires to cover the wheel gap which helped and avoided the lowering because the older GS was a bit flimsy and sensitive to lowering, wheel balance, etc.