Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Swift Sport Spring

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-13, 02:13 AM
Maseroche
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the Swift springs yesterday but I don't know if I want to install them if they will only lower the rear.
Old 04-16-13, 07:08 AM
wanwiz
Driver School Candidate

I installed them about 2+ weeks ago and had the alignment done back to factory specs as well and they lowered the front and rear 1" as advertised. Here are some before pics where I measured from top of fender well to top of the wheel
Attached Thumbnails Swift Sport Spring-oem-front-gap.jpg   Swift Sport Spring-oem-rear-gap.jpg  
Old 04-16-13, 07:14 AM
wanwiz
Driver School Candidate

Here are the OEM front and rear wheels before Sport Springs were installed
Attached Thumbnails Swift Sport Spring-oem-front.jpg   Swift Sport Spring-oem-rear.jpg  
Old 04-16-13, 07:23 AM
wanwiz
Driver School Candidate

Here are the after pics of front and rear measured from top of fender well to top of wheel
Attached Thumbnails Swift Sport Spring-after-sport_01.jpg   Swift Sport Spring-after-sport_02.jpg  
Old 04-16-13, 07:24 AM
wanwiz
Driver School Candidate

OEM front and rear wheels after Sport Springs installed
Attached Thumbnails Swift Sport Spring-after-sport-front.jpg   Swift Sport Spring-after-sport-rear.jpg  
Old 04-16-13, 07:26 AM
wanwiz
Driver School Candidate

Before OEM wheels on factory springs and After OEM wheels on Sport Springs
Attached Thumbnails Swift Sport Spring-before-sport-full.jpg   Swift Sport Spring-after-sport-full.jpg  
Old 04-16-13, 07:28 AM
wanwiz
Driver School Candidate

I have since mounted my 20' ISSForged 3pc wheels and will post pics once the car has been washed! 8-) Overall, quite happy with the stance and look and I too was on the fence of waiting for the F-Sport Springs or getting Tanabe or RS*R, but opted to go with Sport Springs from the many reviews/comments that they put out a good product. So far no issues and I was able to get factory alignment back to specs, which I had posted in this thread earlier with full print out. Hope this helps anyone in making the decision to pull the trigger or not. Happy F-Sporting!
Old 04-16-13, 03:37 PM
Khalendar
Driver School Candidate

wanwiz,
is it really a 1" drop? from your pictures it seemed more like half inch drop..

i was considering changing out my rsr super down springs to something more conservative but looking for a 1" drop
Old 04-16-13, 03:51 PM
wanwiz
Driver School Candidate

The OEM measurements were showing 5" from top of fenderwell to the top silver part of the wheel, and after it was only 4". To me that meant I got a 1" drop with the Sport Springs. They say a picture is worth a thousand words..but I will let you be the judge from my posted pics. Even the Installer said the same thing to me once they completed the installation.
Old 04-16-13, 03:54 PM
wanwiz
Driver School Candidate

If I had to do it over again, and the Tanabe NF's were available for shipment out, I would probably have gone with them...but the wait was killing me, since I had my 20" ISSForged 3pc wheels sitting in boxes since last November and just had them mounted. She's definitely sitting right now and will post more pics later in the week once I can get her clean and dressed up!

2013 GS350 F-Sport: Starfire Pearl/Cabernet Red | NAV | ML Audio | HUD | BSMS | IPA | DHS.DRS | Remote Engine Start | ISSForged FM10R Gloss Black/Polished 20"x9" +38 & 20"x10.5" +45 | Nitto NT555 245/35R20 & 275/30R20 | Swift Springs | Prestigious Society NAV Override | JDM Fog Light Kit w/Hoen Endurance Yellow Bulbs
Old 04-16-13, 04:33 PM
Khalendar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wanwiz
The OEM measurements were showing 5" from top of fenderwell to the top silver part of the wheel, and after it was only 4". To me that meant I got a 1" drop with the Sport Springs. They say a picture is worth a thousand words..but I will let you be the judge from my posted pics. Even the Installer said the same thing to me once they completed the installation.
ooh i see, i was looking at the tire gap to the fender
Old 04-17-13, 01:31 AM
Maseroche
Driver

If I had to do it over again, and the Tanabe NF's were available for shipment out, I would probably have gone with them...but the wait was killing me, since I had my 20" ISSForged 3pc wheels sitting in boxes since last November and just had them mounted. She's definitely sitting right now and will post more pics later in the week once I can get her clean and dressed up!
Thank you for the pictures! The drop is not that bad actually but I already ordered the Tanabe springs. All the previous pictures of the Swift springs showed a car that had a slight rake to the back and I just didn't want that. Your pictures clearly show how the drop will look so thanks for that!
Old 04-17-13, 11:56 AM
wanwiz
Driver School Candidate

I would love to see your pics for the Tanabe springs once installed, as I know they claim a 1.1" and 1.2" drop for the front/rear? Either way you go, I think you shoud be fine getting the alignment back to factory specs.

2013 GS350 F-Sport: Starfire Pearl/Cabernet Red | NAV | ML Audio | HUD | BSMS | IPA | DHS.DRS | Remote Engine Start | ISSForged FM10R Gloss Black/Polished 20"x9" +38 & 20"x10.5" +45 | Nitto NT555 245/35R20 & 275/30R20 | Swift Springs | Prestigious Society NAV Override | JDM Fog Light Kit w/Hoen Endurance Yellow Bulbs
Old 04-18-13, 12:51 AM
Maseroche
Driver

The Tanabe springs seem to lower the front more than the Swift springs which visually, to me, looks better. I will definitely take pics though.
Old 05-13-13, 12:44 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I installed them about 2+ weeks ago and had the alignment done back to factory specs as well and they lowered the front and rear 1" as advertised. Here are some before pics where I measured from top of fender well to top of the wheel
Here are the after pics of front and rear measured from top of fender well to top of wheel
Looks like a bit over 1/2" drop to me.

Quick Reply: Swift Sport Spring