Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

GS450H rated springs NF210 part#GWS191NK Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-16, 11:19 PM
08Lex450h
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the wheels then lowered it and it rode better than stock.

After I aligned it, that's then it became ROUGH as fk.

I have to bring it back to the alignment shop Monday to get them to straighten the steering wheel.

Actually, they aligned the front, then told me the factory rear has no adjustment and that the rear camber and toe was off and hat I needed a camber kit. So I drove it like that for about a week.
I got my camber kit in and they installed it and aligned the rear and now my front is off (really it's the rear that's causing the front to compensate for the angle of the rear)

The techs did say that the rear was a MAJOR SOB to align due to the amount of combined adjustment combinations.

So because the front was straight while running factory rear camber components, this leads me to believe when they installed the rear camber components they got the toe straight and the camber straight but I believe the toe on both rear wheels are equally aimed a little left which causes the steering wheel to point left to keep the car going straight. Rear wheel drive, rear wheels slightly angled left, pushing the car, the front wheels will automatically face a tad bit left to align themselves with the rear to keep the car straight.

Originally Posted by rl9010
Hmm well considering that you upgraded 2 inches on the wheels I am guessing that is where the roughness is coming from. I am still on stock 18's and don't think the car is in anyway uncomfortable. Still would like to see pics!

Last edited by 08Lex450h; 06-10-16 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 06-11-16, 05:51 PM
08Lex450h
Rookie

Default Pix

Here are some pix. It ain't cleaned yet but you get the idea. <br > <br >
The following users liked this post:
angelob (09-01-17)
Old 06-11-16, 07:40 PM
08Lex450h
Rookie

<br >
Old 07-08-16, 06:42 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Looks Good! It will drop another 0.3 inches or so haha. Update us if the issue with the rear alignment was solved. Any changes done to the front?
Old 07-08-16, 06:54 PM
08Lex450h
Rookie

Well the car has settled perfectly. I've put about 5k miles on it since lowering and aligning it.
The alignment is SPOT ON! The guys that did it were old school and had NO electronics, they used only old style measuring tools so I was a bit skeptical and took it to Toyota. When you pull up in the service lane they attach the laser markers for the Hunter alignment machine that tells the specs. (Beware, the guys that hang these alignment markers ARE NOT mechanics and half the time they hang them incorrectly and tell you that you need an alignment as well as whatever service you originally came for [upsale])...mine was perfect.

The rear DOES hit the quarter panels now when I hit a hard dip. I've yet to roll the fenders or quarters at this point in time. But I have the roller to do it. Just been handling my sound system first.

I've also spoken to Steve Meade with the black ISF and it has been confirmed, his quarter panels and fenders rolled perfectly and did NOT dimple, wrinkle, kink, or bend in any deformation as someone has told me on this forum.

Now I'm installing 2 12" JL W1 in fiberglass custom boxes with a JL 500/1v2. Almost done with the boxes.

Pix to come.

Looks Good! It will drop another 0.3 inches or so haha. Update us if the issue with the rear alignment was solved. Any changes done to the front?

Last edited by 08Lex450h; 07-08-16 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-08-16, 07:35 PM
08Lex450h
Rookie

Thank you.

What changes would be don't to the front?
None thus far.

Just lowered, wheels & tires, alignment.

Front doesn't rub the fenders. And I'm convinced had I went with 10" rather than 10.5" rear they wouldn't have rubbed either. Maybe just a touch, but after I roll the qtrs I don't think they would have rubbed with 10" rear wheels.
I know they are still going to run after I roll the qtrs but I still need to get that sharp edge under control and try to minimize the rubbing as much as possible.

Old 10-30-16, 03:23 PM
dayjob3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a gs 450h. My rear drive side shock is toast. I would like to replace everything with coil overs. Any recommendations?
Old 11-13-16, 08:41 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dayjob3
I also have a gs 450h. My rear drive side shock is toast. I would like to replace everything with coil overs. Any recommendations?
I haven't done much research on coil-over replacements. Just make sure you get them custom sprung to accommodate the extra weight. I believe most are going with BC. I would look at a custom KW or HKS set. (probably super pricey and not worth it) Let us know what you find!
Old 01-18-17, 01:08 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by dayjob3

At 160k. I just replaced all 4 struts with BC racing coilovers and am very pleased so far. Higwer quality components, can adjust ride height 5 inches higher than stock or 5 inches lower , in addition 30 way adjustable to make ride softer than stock or harder. than stock.

There is more noise int he cabin of the car now because there are no sprig insulators,and the strut tower mounts are stiffer. but I suppose one could move over the factory top and bottom spring isolators.
Old 03-09-17, 03:44 PM
GSLA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have GS450h with AVS system. Around 130k I think might be about time to change the suspension. Anyone here knows if it can go aftermarket? Or where can I get stock with better price?
The following users liked this post:
angelob (09-01-17)
Old 07-22-19, 08:10 AM
AlexDev
Pit Crew

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by pgs3
1 day after the drop. Very sporty and changed the lexus feel, but definitely more comfortable than expected.

Just want some clarification here, is this the NF210 GW191NK Tanabe springs, or the DF210s? I really like the drop here.. I'm assuming it's settled even more? Would love to see some more pics PGS3, I've got the same stock paint color+wheels.. I get my NF210s in the mail today, installed tomorrow

Last edited by AlexDev; 07-22-19 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-16-20, 04:40 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

UPDATE: Still on the same springs and oem shocks. Still no issues. This has proven to a reliable alternative to stock suspension.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-30-20 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Removed quoted post
Old 03-04-20, 03:36 AM
RastaMc
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi all.

I ordered the NF210 springs for my GS450h and I am exiting to install these ones on the car.
However, I read a couple of threads about replacing springs and the front ones will be easy to do. But I cannot find something about how to get the rear coils out to replace the springs. Specially with the battery at the back, how to lift the car at the back, what should you avoid, etc.
Is there a DIY replacement guide for the springs/coils on a GS450h (3rd Gen)?

thanks
Old 03-04-20, 04:10 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RastaMc
Hi all.

I ordered the NF210 springs for my GS450h and I am exiting to install these ones on the car.
However, I read a couple of threads about replacing springs and the front ones will be easy to do. But I cannot find something about how to get the rear coils out to replace the springs. Specially with the battery at the back, how to lift the car at the back, what should you avoid, etc.
Is there a DIY replacement guide for the springs/coils on a GS450h (3rd Gen)?

thanks
Because the hybrid battery is located behind the back seat and essentially half of the trunk, the suspension layout is the same with all other third gen gs models. From what I saw it is a matter of removing trunk lining to get access to the top of the shock tower. From there it should be like any other car. Nothing should be particularly special about the suspension layout. My shop was able to replace them with no issues.
Old 03-04-20, 09:00 PM
RastaMc
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Because the hybrid battery is located behind the back seat and essentially half of the trunk, the suspension layout is the same with all other third gen gs models. From what I saw it is a matter of removing trunk lining to get access to the top of the shock tower. From there it should be like any other car. Nothing should be particularly special about the suspension layout. My shop was able to replace them with no issues.
Thanks for the reply. From what I understand it will be straightforward to dismount the rear coils.
I’ll give feedback when it’s done.

Quick Reply: GS450H rated springs NF210 part#GWS191NK Installed