Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

gs450h dead shot avs shocks what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-22, 01:26 AM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
Just buy new OEM shocks for like... a bit over 1k eur, since you'd better swap the bump stops as well (and they're kinda expensive at the front since they come with the hat, afaik)? No, you don't have to ship from the states.
With so many issues i will buy After market shocks,. since i need money for other repairs as well..
Kayba for gs450 aftermarket is not available in Europe...

Part number of genuine , 48510-80681 can someone tell me if this genuine lexus shock for gs in usa is adaptive or not i cannot figure it out ?

Last edited by bladest; 06-29-22 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-29-22, 02:27 PM
bladest
Instructor

I ordered brand new shocks from Usa i will receive them probably after a lot of time, my question now is how complex is to replace the shocks is any programming needed since they are adaptive, is it needed the toyota tech stream after shocks are replaced, and do i need wheel allignment as well?
Old 06-29-22, 05:17 PM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Bladest, what do you do for a living? You either have a lot of money for all these cars you say you have, and all the money you are spending now on this 450H. It sounds like you said you already are driving 3 different cars. Unless there is a language barrier, all I can say is WTF! If you do have 3 other cars, and bought this flood car, then once again, WTF! You are killing us. Entertaining too, but this is like watching Jean Van de Valde in 1999 at the British Open. I can’t read anymore, but I can’t not read anymore….
Old 06-29-22, 05:31 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hues10
Bladest, what do you do for a living? You either have a lot of money for all these cars you say you have, and all the money you are spending now on this 450H. It sounds like you said you already are driving 3 different cars. Unless there is a language barrier, all I can say is WTF! If you do have 3 other cars, and bought this flood car, then once again, WTF! You are killing us. Entertaining too, but this is like watching Jean Van de Valde in 1999 at the British Open. I can’t read anymore, but I can’t not read anymore….
In my entire life i had many jobs my current one is for Lpg company. I dont have a lot of money all of my cars are bought used my classical car one of them was bought with accident damage at around 600 euro, do you think thats a lot of money, people who do the restoration, done it with used parts... which i sourced from scrapyard etcs... like front grill , bonnets etcs... i didnt know that car is flooded, also the check for which i payed showed me nothing about flood etcs.... i spoke with them they dont plant to refund me... for my other cars i never had any checks, for 600 euro i dont expect perfect cars,, my other car which is again classical i payed for it around 1500 euro before more than 15 years ago. both classical cars are more than 30 years old. both converted in lpg.
My cars are old 30-40 years old, parts are cheap,
no one wants older cars, without even an airbags... Yes i own 3 different cars, so i buy each year at least 3 times oil, 3 washes at car wash per week per car, for summer 3 sets of summer tyres, for winter 3 set of winter tyres + alloys etcs its very time consuming job to keep all of them ... . even refulueing at lpg station it takes a lot of time, for all 3 cars...

About my current Job i work For Lpg Company now...

here lpg price is always 2 times cheaper compared to petrol so i plan to drive a lot my classical cars since they are always at least 50% off more cheaper on fuel compared to gs450h which is hybrid i plan to fix my gs450h i also plan to buy new brakes at some point...

Before i was teacher but the decide to remove me . About the car , car is on loan so bank owns the loan and car but i must pay the loan each month i live in rent and i dont own tv , refrigerator , or even a kitchen, or cooking stove i live extremely minimal with minimal expenses . Cars are my passion. I also dont spend on drinking or going to expensive restorants etc etc... with each salary i try to save or repair some of the issues or servicing the car, trust me its very hard kinda night mare, and now 2 months waiting period for front shocks only it will be autumn or winter when they are installed...

Last edited by bladest; 06-29-22 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-30-22, 07:00 AM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 257 Likes on 193 Posts

What can we say?
Old 06-30-22, 07:11 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
What can we say?
How to change the shocks, is there a youtube video or something,also is it needed some adaptation or configuration from toyota tech stream once new shocks are installed or something?
Old 06-30-22, 11:31 AM
Lead Lap

Received 794 Likes on 539 Posts

You haven’t told us which shocks are leaking.
Old 06-30-22, 11:47 AM
bladest
Instructor

Hi i have serious leak from front shocks i ordered pair front shocks from usa fedex delivery kyb original, how to install them is there a video or. Guide do they need software diagnostic adaptation or something?
Old 06-30-22, 12:02 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,052 Likes on 665 Posts

U better order all 4. The rears will start leaking soon if not already.
Old 06-30-22, 12:16 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
U better order all 4. The rears will start leaking soon if not already.
i need to buy brakes and other things for the car , remember as a humble lpg workeri dont earn your cash so i cant repoace all at once.., i recently made big maintenanxe oil, diff, gearbox filters of the gearbox and other things was serviced , new car battery new tyres michelin pilot sport 4s and many other things... so car is like endless money pit..

How to install these adaptive shocks? Also do they need software diagnostic in order to work with the car sport and s plus mode?

Rear shocks are not inspected , but car is very unstable
Old 06-30-22, 01:28 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Oh I don't make unlimited cash either that's why I don't buy endless money pits.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 06-30-22 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-30-22, 01:33 PM
MuaGS350
Pit Crew

Received 163 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
i need to buy brakes and other things for the car , remember as a humble lpg workeri dont earn your cash so i cant repoace all at once.., i recently made big maintenanxe oil, diff, gearbox filters of the gearbox and other things was serviced , new car battery new tyres michelin pilot sport 4s and many other things... so car is like endless money pit..

How to install these adaptive shocks? Also do they need software diagnostic in order to work with the car sport and s plus mode?

Rear shocks are not inspected , but car is very unstable
Along with the necessary tools, you'll need a mallet/hammer and spring compressor (Make sure you practice safety because the tension from the springs can cause major damage.)

Old 06-30-22, 01:46 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by MuaGS350
Along with the necessary tools, you'll need a mallet/hammer and spring compressor (Make sure you practice safety because the tension from the springs can cause major damage.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK85u__ZAvo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_jjimEDASg
I will not do it my mechanic will do it, but i dont see any videos for lexus gs450h which is hybrid with battery into the back, do battery needs to be removed in order shocks to be replaced ?
If not how easy is to remove protective covers on the left and right.
I will fix my money pit.
thanks for the videos.So no diagnostic is needed? Its a simply mechanical change only.
Old 07-05-22, 12:48 PM
bladest
Instructor

Default Gs450h ,does it need to be replaced 4 shocks at one, do they need adaptation?

Hi i have leak on my shocks, on gs450h they are since factory made year 2010 , car is 200k, miles front are leaking badly.... not sure about rares.... can i replace only fronts or its a absolute must to replace rears as well, car is very unstable into the moment , it will became september when i receive front shocks.
After that i need to book instalation etcs...
Do these shock needs adaptation with tech stream software i am asking because my pro mechanic from the village doesnt have any clue , and i am not mechanic my self..
So far we completed a lot of things together , but he never changed adaptive shocks for any car or air suspenion , gs have adaptive shocks at least mine...

i ordered KYB original genuine shocks,
is there anything special when they are installed ?
Probably my rears are installed from factory year 2010 was produced, and can leak soon,since previous owner never changed even wiper blade nothing even tyres...
Also is it needed to change springs as well ?
Old 07-05-22, 01:53 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Just replace all 4 and be done with this. Or move on to the next part that needs replacing.

Quick Reply: gs450h dead shot avs shocks what are my options?