Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

What performance mods are available for base suspension without lowering car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-22, 10:08 AM
firelikeiy
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
Default What performance mods are available for base suspension without lowering car?

Hi, I am having a hard time finding anything aftermarket for the suspension on the 4th gen GS350 that doesn't involve coilovers. As many people know, the base (non AVS) suspension is very soft. The car squats on acceleration and bottoms out on undulated roads. Because of clearance issues where I live, I do not want to lower my car but I would like to install something that is dampened a little stiffer. Are there any options out there? This is for a daily driver so longevity is also a big part of what I am looking for. This is part of why I want to avoid coilovers as they seem to have short lifespans. I was thinking of trying to install the AVS system. I have a list of what I believe are all the parts for it minus the wiring harness which I would attempt to create myself if I could locate the wiring diagram. My hesitation there is that I do not know if the main ECU has any control over the system or if it is stand alone with the AVS ECU and I can just do it plug and play. Right now, the only quick upgrade I can find is installing GS-F front LCA bushings. With the light damping, a front tower brace seems pointless as well as other chassis stiffening options. It really all comes down to the struts. Any opinions?

Last edited by firelikeiy; 08-29-22 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-29-22, 03:17 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Coil overs allow for height adjustment. So, any coil overs that fit would give you stock or close to stock ride height.