Lexus TX

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-23, 05:24 PM
smithpr2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought all cars sold in USA had to by law be able to use regular gas. Recommended doesn’t mean mandatory. That said, I think the premium is best due to being a 4 cylinder turbo. I’ve ran regular in my 2012 GX and never had a problem.
Old 10-16-23, 06:19 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by smithpr2
I thought all cars sold in USA had to by law be able to use regular gas. Recommended doesn’t mean mandatory. That said, I think the premium is best due to being a 4 cylinder turbo. I’ve ran regular in my 2012 GX and never had a problem.
Technically yes. But technically no. My IS says Premium Fuel Only but there’s a section in the manual that’s says I can use 87 in an emergency but should fill up with 91 next time.
Old 11-18-23, 05:08 AM
ndunn
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by flexem350h
No cars should be using leather of any kind anymore. It's 2023, not 1970, and when you know better you're supposed to do better.
Relax, it's leather in name only to assuage the buyer into paying more for supposed luxury all of which was standard in the recent past. Crossovers shouldn't cost $70,000 as they were traditionally a value proposition so I'll continue looking.
Old 12-06-23, 08:28 AM
jccisgs
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The GX (both the old 23 and the new 24 models) are built in the same factory in Japan that also builds Land Cruiser models and 4Runner. It's been that way for many years. The TX is built in the same Indiana factory that also builds Highlanders and Grand Highlanders. The TX is the first Lexus model built in that factory. This may matter to you or it may not.

I agree that, with the latest discounts, a 23 GX does represent a better value than paying MSRP+ for the new TX. But they are also two entirely different vehicles for different purposes. For larger families in need of a third row, the TX/GH are the only viable choices in Toyota's SUV portfolio right now. The third rows in the GX and in the Sequoia are not very usable. Personally, if I were to replace our 23 Highlander right now, I would buy a discounted 23 GX over a price-gouged TX. If I had to get a TX for some reason, I would only get the 500h trim. BTW, only the luxury trim of the 23 GX comes with real leather seats. The rest all have fake leather.
Old 12-23-23, 05:43 PM
SEFL
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jccisgs
The GX (both the old 23 and the new 24 models) are built in the same factory in Japan that also builds Land Cruiser models and 4Runner. It's been that way for many years. The TX is built in the same Indiana factory that also builds Highlanders and Grand Highlanders. The TX is the first Lexus model built in that factory. This may matter to you or it may not.

I agree that, with the latest discounts, a 23 GX does represent a better value than paying MSRP+ for the new TX. But they are also two entirely different vehicles for different purposes. For larger families in need of a third row, the TX/GH are the only viable choices in Toyota's SUV portfolio right now. The third rows in the GX and in the Sequoia are not very usable. Personally, if I were to replace our 23 Highlander right now, I would buy a discounted 23 GX over a price-gouged TX. If I had to get a TX for some reason, I would only get the 500h trim. BTW, only the luxury trim of the 23 GX comes with real leather seats. The rest all have fake leather.
Not only is the TX the first Lexus to be built in that factory, but from what I understand, the TX550h+ will also be built there. That would make it the first h+ built in North America! Both the NX 450h+ and RX 450h+ are built in Japan, even though all the other NX and RX models are built in Canada.