Welcome to Club Lexus! TX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-24, 12:47 PM
ajhastings2
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TX 500H Premium

Just brought home the TX500H Premium in incognito gray last weekend. Been wanting this car ever since the pre release came out. Have always had Toyota, and traded in the first gen RAV4 hybrid and knew that I would love the upgrade of a Lexus. First week of driving has been great. Definitely worth the wait and the cost, which isn’t that bad.
The following users liked this post:
ForumGenius (05-23-24)
Old 05-24-24, 01:58 PM
Millerdpd
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dpd

[QUOTE=Welcome to CL;11527191]Members,

When you get your new TX please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model and package
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options

TX 350 premium, cloudburst grey with pepper corn interior

Old 05-31-24, 03:29 AM
hyunwoo198
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default TX premium

Hello all.
just got TX premuim with captain chair. White outside black inside. I added running board, and looking to add dashcam.
Kinda disappointing that there was no discount off from MSRP, but so far my wife and baby like it.
Now we have enough cargo space for our stroller and Costco run 😄
One complaint is my car has rattling noise from dashboard from the moment I drove out from the dealership. Its not so loud, but enough to irritate me.

Just before driving off from the dealership

After installing running board

Running board looks good.
Old 05-31-24, 08:10 AM
Millerdpd
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash raddle

Our TX 350 has the same issue and I’ve discovered that the glove box does not close tightly. I’ve not been able to get it back to the dealership to be dealt with.
Old 05-31-24, 06:12 PM
hyunwoo198
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Rattle noise is coming from behind the instrument cluster. Sounds like something is hitting plastic. For my Porsche, dealer had to take out steering wheel to look for the cause. I am afraid that this could be similar, and I hate to do that with brand new car 🤨
Old 05-31-24, 08:19 PM
dstacy99
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just ordered my TX 550H+

Finally found one I could ACTUALLY purchase. White Pearl with Peppercorn interior. Came with roof racks, tech, cold weather, convenience, and a few other little things. Got them to throw in the all weather floor mats for free( free, yeah right, LOL). I went with Zurich(?) 10 year 100k warranty since this is the first year model…..foolish ? Perhaps, but at a great price for that peace of mind cone year 8,9,or 10….wife will mainly drive it around town during week with our grandkids, hopefully phev will ring true…. Super excited. Dealer will send it next week accross country to us as local dealler probably will never get colors we wanted. At least they gave me my $1,000 deposit back
Old 06-03-24, 06:27 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dstacy99
Finally found one I could ACTUALLY purchase. White Pearl with Peppercorn interior. Came with roof racks, tech, cold weather, convenience, and a few other little things. Got them to throw in the all weather floor mats for free( free, yeah right, LOL). I went with Zurich(?) 10 year 100k warranty since this is the first year model…..foolish ? Perhaps, but at a great price for that peace of mind cone year 8,9,or 10….wife will mainly drive it around town during week with our grandkids, hopefully phev will ring true…. Super excited. Dealer will send it next week accross country to us as local dealler probably will never get colors we wanted. At least they gave me my $1,000 deposit back
congrats. what was the MSRP on that vehicle? and if you don't mind sharing what did the warranty run you?
Old 06-04-24, 07:50 AM
MAC99
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purchased 7 May 24 in Canada - $72,000 MSRP - Paid $68,000 + Taxes & Fees

- TX350 Luxury w/ AWD
- Cloudburst grey exterior and Black Nuluxe with Black grained trim
- No options

The following users liked this post:
sheetmetalfab (06-04-24)
Old 06-07-24, 05:12 AM
rutabox
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Howdy folks! This is my first week with my new TX500h. I've read most of the manuals and just starting to get the hang of the HUD controls....I feel really old btw.

Another white pearl...
Base msrp $71,300, total $79,054
Factory installed packages $3,935
Port installed packages $ 2,469
DPH $1,350

Convenience & Tech packages, AC outlet & cold area package
Door edge guards & Paint Protection by 3M (strongly suggest you get these installed aftermarket)
Tow Hitch Receiver & Ball Mount

Last edited by rutabox; 06-07-24 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Adding the specs...
Old 06-07-24, 05:36 AM
dstacy99
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mhoran89
congrats. what was the MSRP on that vehicle? and if you don't mind sharing what did the warranty run you?
msrp was $76, but had to pay a couple over. I opted for zurch 10 year 100k warranty which i got for $3200. I normally don’t opt in for est warr, but since this is a new model for Lexus i did.

covered transport truck just oicked it up yesterday, i will post some pucs as soon as I get it
Old 06-09-24, 09:44 AM
datpimp007
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Former NX200T Owner, which I sold during Covid. Debated between Grand Highlander and Lexus TX but no Toyota dealership was willing to budge off MSRP and all Toyota dealerships had their dealer mark-ups. Got multiple Lexus dealers to compete against each other so ended up with a great deal on the Lexus TX 500H Premium F Sport Incognito with Birch interior. $3k off MSRP, and dealership threw in the OEM Crossbars, Tow Hitch Receiver, Running Boards and Cargo Net.

Old 06-09-24, 10:25 AM
Excitable Boy
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Member- First Time Lexus Owner

Hey All!

My name is John and I'm new to the forum. I'm not new to forums, but new to this one. It looks like this runs on the VBB platform which I'm well familiar with.

I'm a new Lexus owner, having recently purchased a 2024 TX500h F Sport. My late father and my step Mom were very devoted Lexus owners for many years. Previously, I was a devoted Honda Pilot owner having owned four of them over the past seventeen consecutive years. This is my first luxury vehicle purchase if you don't count my 2012 Corvette Grand Sport. Certainly the first from a "luxury" brand.

My journey the TX500h F Sport was an interesting one. I was driving a 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, so not a bad vehicle. I'd owned it since new. For context, I've been in outside sales for several decades and need to occasionally transport a few people and some bulky sales samples or luggage, so a larger mid-sized SUV has proven to be a good fit for folks that do what I do and for me specifically. As an outside sales guy, the Pilots had always served me exceedingly well. I had a couple Explorers and Grand Cherokees before settling on a long line of Pilots. That form factor just works for me for a daily driver.

About a year ago, I transitioned from being just an outside sales guy to being a business owner (along with two partners). We own a 60+ year old Independent Manufacturer's Representative firm that handles the wholesale sales and marketing for about twenty manufacturers for the Southwest US. We are effectively an outsource sales and marketing team. Our customers are mostly boutique retailers and system integrators that install home entertainment and smart home technology in higher end homes.We sell a lot of stuff that everyone wants and nobody really needs. As a side benefit, I sometimes get called out for consultation on a high end home theater or large outdoor entertainment system and get to see some amazing properties!

My 2017 Pilot only had 8oK miles on it as it had mostly sat idle during Covid as we weren't in the field meeting with people. I'd never owned a car for that long and was really itching for something new, especially after having an Audi Q5 as a rental on a family trip a couple months ago. I started doing some research. I definitely didn't want to go German and deal with the service issues and costs that I've heard about from friends with those brands. I also wanted something a bit more sporty to drive. I didn't want to get into the price range of an Audi RS series or BMW M series. I'd pretty much narrowed my focus down to the Genesis GV80 and Acura MDX S Line. Both got great reviews and seemed to have much improved performance over my trusty Pilot.

While I was researching those two, I got into a discussion with my next door neighbor who has had a couple of Lexus Hybrids. She's currently driving an RX450h that she's had for a year or so. She kept talking about how quiet and comfy her Lexus is, and how she loved the immediate acceleration the Hybrid drive train provided. I wanted something sportier than my Pilot, and identified the RX500h F Sport as a possible candidate to add to my list as it surely would be sportier than the MDX S Line or the GV80.

While I hadn't 100% committed to buying a new SUV, I decided to test drive a few. I started with the GV80, then went to the RX and finished with the MDX S Line as that's the one that in my mind checked all the boxes. I figured that with the reliability of Honda underneath and a bit sportier performance than the Pilot the MDX S Line would be an easy choice. Not so much. While the Genesis was a solid truck with great performance, I felt that it had no road feel and I was completely disconnected from the driving experience. The MDX, on the other hand, was fun to drive, sporty and had a great sound system, but the tech felt five years old. Their touch pad navigation and lack of touch screen really soured me. I've also come to despise push button transmission control. The shining star from a driving experience was the RX500h F Sport. I could probably have lived with the two row format as in my newer position, I don't have to drag bulky samples around as often, but compared to what I was used to, the rake of the windshield and the side windows on the RX felt a little claustrophobic to me.

Then I discovered the TX F Sport, which hadn't even been on my radar previously. OMG! I fell in love! The TX F Sport has more room than any SUV I've owned. It's faster, handles better and has all the current tech I could ask for! The dive train is powerful and the suspension plenty sporty. While only a 275hp Turbo 4 cylinder, when augmented by the two onboard electric motors, the throttle response is crisp and this thing accelerates well for a 5000lb truck! The interior is roomy and has all the creature comforts. The adaptive cruise control and lane tracing are in a different league from anything else I've ever driven. The Traffic Jam Assist is brilliant! I travel some of the ugliest parts of the freeways here in LA and that feature alone has reduced my stress level in the few weeks I've owned this truck! The Mark Levinson sound system is the best factory sound system I've ever had, but still short of the custom system in my Corvette. I think the Acura system was better, but the Levinson system is still pretty good.

I bought my TX500h F Sport as L Certified. The original owner only owned it for about 2 1/2 months and put 1530 miles on it. With a six year, unlimited warranty as an L Certified vehicle, it was a much better deal for me than a brand new Arctic White model in a similar configuration. It wasn't heavily discounted as it was still mostly a new vehicle, but was under MSRP with a great warranty.

I couldn't be happier!
The following 2 users liked this post by Excitable Boy:
mhoran89 (06-11-24), sheetmetalfab (06-09-24)
Old 06-12-24, 06:20 AM
DCM1973
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation TX 350 with Mark Levunson door rattle noise

I just bought a 20204 Tx 350 with a Mark Levinson upgrade. When playing the radio I am getting excessive rattling from the door panel. The dealer added insulation but it did nothing. They said there is no other fix but will put a report into Lexus. Has anyone experienced this and what was your solution?

Thanks!

Dcm
Old 06-12-24, 06:48 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by datpimp007
Former NX200T Owner, which I sold during Covid. Debated between Grand Highlander and Lexus TX but no Toyota dealership was willing to budge off MSRP and all Toyota dealerships had their dealer mark-ups. Got multiple Lexus dealers to compete against each other so ended up with a great deal on the Lexus TX 500H Premium F Sport Incognito with Birch interior. $3k off MSRP, and dealership threw in the OEM Crossbars, Tow Hitch Receiver, Running Boards and Cargo Net.

that is a hell of a deal. congrats!