Ambient lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-23, 03:51 PM
ccm241
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ambient lighting?

Bought a premium awd with tech package, heated/ ventilated second row, convenience package, cold package, etc and can’t believe how dark the vehicle is on inside at night. No ambient lighting at all for rear passengers. I have seen videos of these cars having full ambient lighting where you can choose the color. Is this for the luxury spec only? If so, that’s insane.
Old 06-09-24, 02:52 PM
ccm241
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ccm241
Bought a premium awd with tech package, heated/ ventilated second row, convenience package, cold package, etc and can’t believe how dark the vehicle is on inside at night. No ambient lighting at all for rear passengers. I have seen videos of these cars having full ambient lighting where you can choose the color. Is this for the luxury spec only? If so, that’s insane.
anyone know?
Old 06-09-24, 03:25 PM
Excitable Boy
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a TX500h F Sport with the Convenience package and the Technology package. I'm not sure if either of those options make a difference, but I found the general illumination settings under Settings/Vehicle Customize/Illumination. It lets me select between a bunch of preset illumination themes and a customization option. I haven't checked on how it affects teh passenger areas at night, but there is a setting for all zones, or select zones, so I'm guessing that there may be occupancy sensors for 2nd/3rd row.
Old 06-10-24, 09:33 AM
stunt66
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ccm241
anyone know?
I think its for the Lux spec only. Im in Canada so our trims are called different names but to get the Ambient lighting where you can change the colors, you have to get the top trim level, We have it and it was cool at first but the novelty has long passed and its not even super bright tbh
Old 06-11-24, 08:33 PM
UTME06
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same complaint! It's really the only thing that we've identified as a "damn I hate that" about the vehicle. No lights in in the front storage areas is just crazy and given that the car is made for hauling a bunch of kids, nothing in the rear at all is just wild. My very not-luxury other cars have way better interior lighting; not sure what Lexus was thinking here, but definitely a miss. Not something I even considered when looking at vehicles, but will be something I consider going forward.
Old 06-13-24, 06:25 PM
Excitable Boy
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stunt66
I think its for the Lux spec only. Im in Canada so our trims are called different names but to get the Ambient lighting where you can change the colors, you have to get the top trim level, We have it and it was cool at first but the novelty has long passed and its not even super bright tbh
I have the F Sport Premium package, not the Lux package and I've got it.

Originally Posted by UTME06
I have the same complaint! It's really the only thing that we've identified as a "damn I hate that" about the vehicle. No lights in in the front storage areas is just crazy and given that the car is made for hauling a bunch of kids, nothing in the rear at all is just wild. My very not-luxury other cars have way better interior lighting; not sure what Lexus was thinking here, but definitely a miss. Not something I even considered when looking at vehicles, but will be something I consider going forward.
It's funny how when you get to this level of vehicle and just take certain things that you've had in lesser vehicles as a given, so you don't ask, then you get the vehicle and have a WTF moment. The lack of auto-locking was one of those for me.