Do de-icers turn on when remote starting the TX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-24, 12:46 PM
Bluemus
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Do de-icers turn on when remote starting the TX?

I have the cold area package installed on my TX which includes de-icers for the rear window and wiper blades. It's been snowing this week where I live and when I've been using remote start well in advance of going out to the car, it doesn't seem like the de-icers are turning on. The snow doesn't seem to be melting much, if at all. The snow would always melt on our prior Ford Explorer when we remote started the vehicle, so I'm not sure if the de-icers don't turn on in Lexus vehicles for reasons I can't understand, if they are just much weaker, or if there's is something I need to do in the settings to set the de-icers to turn on automatically. I have noticed that once I'm in the car, start it up, and go into the climate settings the de-icer setting is always turned off.
Old 01-21-24, 07:36 PM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluemus
I have the cold area package installed on my TX which includes de-icers for the rear window and wiper blades. It's been snowing this week where I live and when I've been using remote start well in advance of going out to the car, it doesn't seem like the de-icers are turning on. The snow doesn't seem to be melting much, if at all. The snow would always melt on our prior Ford Explorer when we remote started the vehicle, so I'm not sure if the de-icers don't turn on in Lexus vehicles for reasons I can't understand, if they are just much weaker, or if there's is something I need to do in the settings to set the de-icers to turn on automatically. I have noticed that once I'm in the car, start it up, and go into the climate settings the de-icer setting is always turned off.
I am taking delivery of one of these late next week and ski 25+ days a year and can play around with the settings and see what I can do. I can also pester my dealer for some answers...
Old 01-21-24, 08:11 PM
Bluemus
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for letting me know what you find and I hope you like the vehicle.
Old 01-22-24, 09:24 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Bluemus
Thanks for letting me know what you find and I hope you like the vehicle.
thanks for your kind words.
considering my last car was in the shop monthly (not to mention difficult to work on) and it was about $1000 per 10K miles to service and maintain I think I am in for a treat here. will keep you posted.
Old 01-26-24, 08:51 PM
ChadPat
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had ours for 2 months now, I think if you turn it on from the App, you can adjust the climate control and turn it on. I will need to double check.
Old 01-28-24, 03:53 PM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ChadPat
We had ours for 2 months now, I think if you turn it on from the App, you can adjust the climate control and turn it on. I will need to double check.
correct, you can edit the settings in the app under climate (more options), so when you remote start the car next the defrosters are on. not sure about the front windshield deicer though...