Mulfuctions within the first 100km!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-24, 10:45 PM
sseeaan
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mulfuctions within the first 100km!!

Plus when pick up the car, turn out the third row can't fold down properly. So brand new car needs repair fresh off the boat... so disappointed
Old 02-27-24, 08:35 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sseeaan

Plus when pick up the car, turn out the third row can't fold down properly. So brand new car needs repair fresh off the boat... so disappointed
I had an issue with the third row headrest getting stuck but they took care of it before I took delivery. I have put 3400 miles on the car in less than a month without a single hiccup. what errors or malfunctions are you experiencing?
Old 02-27-24, 09:46 AM
sseeaan
8th Gear

Originally Posted by mhoran89
I had an issue with the third row headrest getting stuck but they took care of it before I took delivery. I have put 3400 miles on the car in less than a month without a single hiccup. what errors or malfunctions are you experiencing?
I had exactly the same problem with the third row headrest. One of them can't fold down.

The mulfuctions are in the picture I post. Basically they are sensors related. Parking assist system and cruise control system both are down.
Old 02-27-24, 01:38 PM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

I had exactly the same problem with the third row headrest. One of them can't fold down.

The mulfuctions are in the picture I post. Basically they are sensors related. Parking assist system and cruise control system both are down.
what was the fix for the headrest? or have you not had it fixed yet?

the self parking didn't seem to be working before I took delivery but they looked into that and upon delivery it has been working ever since. could be a software update thing perhaps? it is a brand new car for lexus...
Old 02-27-24, 04:03 PM
sseeaan
8th Gear

For the headrest, the fix is "Removed driver side 3rd row seat to inspect headrest cable assembly. Found hinge for headrest cable release latch not engaging/ Found retaining pin for hinge too tight and not allowing hing to drop down. Adjusted retainer pin to free up headrest cable hinge. If problem persists, requires new 3rd row drvier side upper seat frame assembly."

For all Mulfuctions, the fix is " Short in right rear tail light connector extension. Inspect right rear tail light harness connector and found that water proof grommet is damaged and water is in harness connector. remove pin and found corrosion on male pin. Replaced pin and reconnet all connectors and tail lights - voltage at pin B31 - 37 is now normal."

The rear tail light harness connector should be inside the car cargo area and how come the water can go in?? And it's a brand new car the water damage can be such serious already??
Old 02-28-24, 06:10 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

For the headrest, the fix is "Removed driver side 3rd row seat to inspect headrest cable assembly. Found hinge for headrest cable release latch not engaging/ Found retaining pin for hinge too tight and not allowing hing to drop down. Adjusted retainer pin to free up headrest cable hinge. If problem persists, requires new 3rd row drvier side upper seat frame assembly."

For all Mulfuctions, the fix is " Short in right rear tail light connector extension. Inspect right rear tail light harness connector and found that water proof grommet is damaged and water is in harness connector. remove pin and found corrosion on male pin. Replaced pin and reconnet all connectors and tail lights - voltage at pin B31 - 37 is now normal."

The rear tail light harness connector should be inside the car cargo area and how come the water can go in?? And it's a brand new car the water damage can be such serious already??
glad to hear the headrest adjustment was fairly straightforward.

things go wrong, however these cars are essentially toyotas and are very reliable. one bad connector on a tail light harness doesn't mean you got a lemon. there is a documented paper trail and as long as you have that car you could reference that if it ever malfunctioned again. odds are the car gives you very little trouble over its lifespan if any at all.
Old 02-28-24, 12:36 PM
sseeaan
8th Gear

glad to hear the headrest adjustment was fairly straightforward.

things go wrong, however these cars are essentially toyotas and are very reliable. one bad connector on a tail light harness doesn't mean you got a lemon. there is a documented paper trail and as long as you have that car you could reference that if it ever malfunctioned again. odds are the car gives you very little trouble over its lifespan if any at all.
About the headrest, I'm okay. Assembly issue...

I won't be that worried if just one bad connector. I'm not sure where exactly is this damaged grommet and harness connector located. What's concerning is water - water leak inside a vehicle cause damage to the connector.
Old 03-12-24, 02:13 PM
Kenj
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same malfunction problem here at only 680 miles on it.
Old 03-15-24, 12:20 PM
sseeaan
8th Gear

I think the third row headrest is a common issue. But I won't be too worried about this because it should be an easy fix/adjustment.
Old 05-30-24, 09:14 AM
Stu1234
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same thing happen to me first week with the car, hasn't happened again, so weird....