No Auto Lock Function On TX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-24, 10:36 AM
Excitable Boy
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No Auto Lock Function On TX?

I've had my TX500h F Sport Premium for about a month now and there's one feature, or lack of feature that's really bugging me. There doesn't seem to be an auto lock function where you can just walk away from the vehicle and have the doors lock themselves. I've checked the manual and spoken to the sales guy at the local dealership and he says Lexus has never had this feature. It seemed like such a basic feature on a higher end vehicle that I never thought to ask about it before purchasing. My 2016 and 2017 Honda Pilots both had it as does my 2012 Corvette Grand Sport, so it's not exactly a cutting edge feature. I'd think most cars with a smart key support this. It's not a deal breaker, just an annoyance. Did I miss something? Does anyone know if this feature can be enabled?
Old 06-11-24, 07:18 AM
mhoran89
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I thought I saw something in the settings for an option like this. unfortunately dealers barely know what they are selling unless they own one themselves. have you done a search in the manual?
Old 06-11-24, 12:42 PM
AlphaBro
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Excitable Boy
I've had my TX500h F Sport Premium for about a month now and there's one feature, or lack of feature that's really bugging me. There doesn't seem to be an auto lock function where you can just walk away from the vehicle and have the doors lock themselves. I've checked the manual and spoken to the sales guy at the local dealership and he says Lexus has never had this feature. It seemed like such a basic feature on a higher end vehicle that I never thought to ask about it before purchasing. My 2016 and 2017 Honda Pilots both had it as does my 2012 Corvette Grand Sport, so it's not exactly a cutting edge feature. I'd think most cars with a smart key support this. It's not a deal breaker, just an annoyance. Did I miss something? Does anyone know if this feature can be enabled?
There is no auto lock I'm aware of, however if you do walk away from your car and you have the Lexus app (with vehicle registered), it will alert you that you left the car unlocked and it will ask you if you want to lock it from the app (which works 50/50)
Old 06-13-24, 11:56 PM
sheetmetalfab
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

i guess I like the way it is.

My last rig had auto locking and i turned it off as soon as possible.

It’s parked in the garage or in a trusted location most of the time so locking the doors is less than 30% of the times i walk away.

any door handle getting a touch locks the doors. EZ.

if the wife pulls in the garage and goes in the house and then i walk up from the shop portion of the garage and the doors are locked?

instant **** off.

Last edited by sheetmetalfab; 06-14-24 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-15-24, 11:05 AM
Excitable Boy
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AlphaBro
There is no auto lock I'm aware of, however if you do walk away from your car and you have the Lexus app (with vehicle registered), it will alert you that you left the car unlocked and it will ask you if you want to lock it from the app (which works 50/50)
The app is a good fallback, but I'd prefer to not have to worry about remembering to lock it or being prompted by the app.

Originally Posted by sheetmetalfab
i guess I like the way it is.

My last rig had auto locking and i turned it off as soon as possible.

It’s parked in the garage or in a trusted location most of the time so locking the doors is less than 30% of the times i walk away.

any door handle getting a touch locks the doors. EZ.

if the wife pulls in the garage and goes in the house and then i walk up from the shop portion of the garage and the doors are locked?

instant **** off.
Mine lives in the driveway and I'm in outside sales, so my cars get parked at random spots all over (no trusted locations). My wife and sometimes other passengers are sometimes slow to get out of the vehicle. It's a PITA to have to stand there and wait for them before touching the little sensor on the door handle. Instant **** off. I feel that at this price point, I should have the option of turning it off as you did, or just walking away and having the vehicle secure itself.
The following users liked this post:
sheetmetalfab (06-17-24)