Help with faint beeping sound (TX 500h)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-24, 06:11 AM
Patriotic1
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with faint beeping sound (TX 500h)

<TX 500h, over 5K miles>
In recent months I've been driving with the radio off sometimes. In doing so, I've learned that there is this strange intermittent and very faint beeping sound (not a single or double beep, but faint beeping) which sounds like its coming from under the driver's side area. It sounds like some sort of warning alert, like a cross-traffic alert but way to faint to be an actual driver alert.

I've tried to isolate what causes it... when I am approaching a car in front or accelerating/decelerating and cannot find a recurring cause. Unfortunately, once you hear it, you can't stop hearing it - even though it's very faint. And sometimes I don't hear it at all. It's the weirdest thing.

1) Over 2 weeks I tried to point out the sound to my wife and she acted like I was crazy. Then when she was driving it (which she rarely does) the other day she walked in and said "I heard it!" and "...almost sounds like its coming from the outside of the vehicle...like an EV mode warning for pedestrians or alert that isn't fully turned off". So at least I've proven I am not going crazy.

2) Apparently there are some other instances of this happening with other Lexus models, as there are a small number of threads on this site and others - but none that identified a fix. They said check your tire pressure, check your parking brake assist, check your alert sound settings, and no we don't have any other electronic devices in the car.

I plan to take it into the service department but wanted to post here as well in case anyone else has heard this and figured out the cause. Again, intermittent, very very faint beeping alert sound you could only hear when the radio is off and there is no traffic noise.

-Not crazy hater of annoying repetitive sounds.
Old 09-27-24, 02:08 AM
Dapper65
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2024 Lexus ux250h has same noise coming from under driver's dash/console. Mechanic says he do some research and get back to me.