When Will '25 TX's Be Manufactured?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-24 | 07:28 AM
GeraldLeroy
8th Gear

Default When Will '25 TX's Be Manufactured?

Anybody have any insight in when '25 TX's will be manufactured and delivered? It seems to me that given the Indiana plant was shut down due to the stop sale that once they start back up (if they haven't already(?), they would clear the line of '24's in assembly and once that was done they'd go right into '25's with the airbag fix during production along with any other issues that've come up with the 24's.

Reason for asking is I'm got a VIN number for a '24 from when I ordered it back in May (was supposed to have it in June) and I'm not sure I want it unless DEEP discount for a number of reasons (lost buyer of car that was to replace TX, additional repairs since, TX sitting on a lot for 6 months, invasive (roof liner) TX airbag repair, etc).

In the end, I'm thinking if a new '25 comes out this winter or early in '25 what's waiting another couple of months....can't imagine they'll sit on '25's until next summer or beyond....?????
Old 10-07-24 | 08:13 AM
John89
Pit Crew

I can assure you even if that 2024 is grounded and build, you will never see it. Lexus has told all dealers to fix customers cars first, then any of 2024s built or on dealers lots are going directly Auction or 3rd party resellers, dealerships can't even sell as non - certified.
Old 10-07-24 | 08:21 AM
GeraldLeroy
8th Gear

John: I think I hear you saying that my stock TX 350 that I have a VIN number for will not be coming my way, but rather you think they'll just gonna build and slate me a freshly built TX? If so, would this be a
'25? Just seems crazy that they'd continue to build '24's at this point in the calendar(?????)

Oh, the car/VIN I have is for a vehicle that was built and was "In transit" but never left the "port".

Old 10-07-24 | 08:35 AM
John89
Pit Crew

Do you have actual vin# meaning does your number start like this 5TDAAAB65RS0***** or is different format of number meaning it pre production factory number which is usually less numbers letters but doesn't have prefix. If it you have actual vin 5TDAAAB65RS0***** that means it was built came off production. It would either still be at factory or if it was in transit held at transfer lot or dealership. If you have any other number that doesn't look like that you have pre production pre vin# which means it was never built and will never.

I would get on the dealer, as they have area reps in which they have had to tell them these details. Even by some way they offer sell you this 24 don't purchase it regardless of price, as it they will be making more change which isn't included in the recall, and recall very lengthy process which they will rip almost every interior part out of truck out.

My suggestion is TX is just copy and paste of GH, for that money look at GX at least you have much more solid platform and it close in numbers. Also resell which will be much better on GX then TX, there always desired.
Old 10-07-24 | 09:33 AM
GeraldLeroy
8th Gear

Yes, I have a VIN number that starts with 5TDAAAB69RSxxxxxx followed by 6 numbers. I received info a number of months ago from my local dealer that it was confirmed built and ready to ship and listed as "In transit" and awaiting pickup from "the port" . Ultimately, the recall kicked in and that was that.

I told my local sales manager this week I'm looking my what I believe are 3 options a) renegotiate the '24 purchase price if they get the vehicle, wait for a new '25, or 3) get my deposit back and take my business elsewhere.

Time will tell I guess......just waiting to hear back from them later this month.
Old 10-08-24 | 12:25 PM
doublegtc
2nd gear

So it sounds like no new 2024 TXs are going to be built? When do we expect 2025s to be available? Are dealers already taking orders for 2025?
Old 10-09-24 | 06:11 AM
GeraldLeroy
8th Gear

doublegtc: that's the million dollar question! I'm hoping folks like me with a purchase back in May and expected June delivery will be told we're getting a '25 (with airbag and other TX issue fixes) this calendar year for the same negotiated price. Not banking on it though.....I really don't want the "fixed" TX given the intrusive (hood liner removal, etc) repair....I hope Lexus steps up and makes this right for customers who've been waiting going on 6 months.
Old Yesterday | 11:20 AM
SKGX
Driver

'Manufactured'??....well, 'manufacturing' will be delayed due to the stop sale and a late year into. Which, will account for relabeled '24s still at the factory and then ramping up production to push more units out for '25 model year.
New model, no changes and thats how it works.
The following users liked this post:
Adambomb (Yesterday)
Old Today | 06:10 AM
GeraldLeroy
8th Gear

Not sure I follow.....So my vehicle was built and sitting in Princeton, IN, awaiting pickup for delivery to my local dealership when the stop sale occurred. SKGX: What do you mean when you a vehicle (such as in my case) will be "relabeled"? To what? And are you suggesting '25's be made/available by the end of the current calendar year? (seems like a stretch).....
Old Today | 09:41 AM
SKGX
Driver

If you have an ordered unit that is landed in the US, Lexus has already started shipping parts to remedy the 'air curtain/bag' issue. Your vehicle will be available after the 28th of Oct (according to Lexus Corp) for delivery as soon as the new parts are installed. Now, in your situation, idk what your outcome will be, or what the fine print says on your contract in terms of you being able to back out or receive some sort of compensation in regards to the whole situation.

Regarding the '25 model year units, when the stop sale is officially lifted, any units already out there (not still in the factory) will be sold as '24's and as the inventory drops, then they will begin to manufacture '25's likely to hit the market a bit later than normal. That said, they are not changing anything for the '25 model (except the curtain/airbags of course) from the '24 model. SO, any unit still sitting at the factory (built as '24) will be retagged as a '25 and shipped when the '25's are released.

Originally Posted by GeraldLeroy
Not sure I follow.....So my vehicle was built and sitting in Princeton, IN, awaiting pickup for delivery to my local dealership when the stop sale occurred. SKGX: What do you mean when you a vehicle (such as in my case) will be "relabeled"? To what? And are you suggesting '25's be made/available by the end of the current calendar year? (seems like a stretch).....
The following users liked this post:
sheetmetalfab (Today)
Old Today | 09:50 AM
sheetmetalfab
Driver

Originally Posted by SKGX
If you have an ordered unit that is landed in the US, Lexus has already started shipping parts to remedy the 'air curtain/bag' issue. Your vehicle will be available after the 28th of Oct (according to Lexus Corp) for delivery as soon as the new parts are installed. Now, in your situation, idk what your outcome will be, or what the fine print says on your contract in terms of you being able to back out or receive some sort of compensation in regards to the whole situation.

Regarding the '25 model year units, when the stop sale is officially lifted, any units already out there (not still in the factory) will be sold as '24's and as the inventory drops, then they will begin to manufacture '25's likely to hit the market a bit later than normal. That said, they are not changing anything for the '25 model (except the curtain/airbags of course) from the '24 model. SO, any unit still sitting at the factory (built as '24) will be retagged as a '25 and shipped when the '25's are released.
finally someone who isn’t dreaming.

thank you.
Old Today | 10:09 AM
GeraldLeroy
8th Gear

Angry

SKGX: What you wrote seems reasonable...In my case, and as previously mentioned, I lost a buyer for my vehicle that the TX was to replace back un June....then I had to sink $2500 in for an exhaust repair and rear suspension work. I'm just hoping my Lexus dealership takes the under consideration along with a 6-month delay in getting a vehicle that was to be delivered back in June. The down payment I provided ($1000) is non-refundable per the contract but the whole stop sale thing is something Lexus needs to try and make good on with respect to waiting customers. I hear ya on no changes for the '25's except air bag issue (and hopefully anything else there's a tech service bulletin on or other now known issues. At the very least I feel I should be able to get a '25 early upon release for the same negotiated price as the '24 I have slated....perhaps even a little bit of a discount. I've already told my dealerships we need to renegotiate the '24 purchase price or get a '25 as I previously stated, or I walk. They seem like they want to try and make some sort of a deal/concession....we'll see. I'm not gonna hold my breath....

As a side note, after test driving a TX back in May and sitting down to negotiate a price I asked the salesperson to give me the rock bottom "out the door" price...5 mins later he comes back with a price tag nearly $10K over MSRP sticker price....I got up and starting walking to the door when I saw all these subscription, tire replacement, maintenance plan bull***** fees....I told him to take all that stuff off and come back with a real number.....he did but it still was much at all below MSRP.....