Lexion UX Nav Screen Upgrade Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-23, 01:19 PM
Skrubway
8th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lexion UX Nav Screen Upgrade Review

Hello All,

I recently installed my Lexion 10.25 Nav upgrade screen and have been running it for a month or two. Just wanted to give it a review.

Initial Impressions:

- Placed order roughly a week or so before it shipped, once it did ship from Korea, it arrived very quickly ~ 2 days.
- Eric was very helpful through Whatsapp communication and answered a lot of my questions before I even placed an order, highly recommend talking to him before ordering.
- Packaging was great and everything came in perfect condition, DHL somehow seems to handle packages better than Fedex and UPS.
- Included in the box is; 1x radio harness, 1x small speaker (didn't need to use), 1x antenna for LTE connection as well as a GPS module.
- Screen looks basically like the OEM nav screen
- Initially I was a little sussed out by messaging through Whatsapp as I have been scammed in the past, but everything was done legit through Paypal and Eric handled everything professionally. His english is pretty good but he did mention that he is working on it still so I suggest being patient with him.

Install Notes
-
Everything is fairly easy to remove in terms of the dash, if I could do it again it would probably take me ~30 minutes to do, first time took me 1.5 hours (not including research time on where to plug in some of the harnesses)
- Make sure you run the TOUCHPAD harness to the underside of the touchpad, this part is what took me forever to figure out as I could not find the correct connector on the back of the radio, IT IS UNDER THE TOUCH PAD, you do not have to remove the center console. I go over how I did this in my video I will link below.
- Make sure to swap your airbag light and place it in the pocket next to the clock area (this is not detailed in any instructions but I kept it plugged in and made sure to tape it down.
- Make sure to swap the input on the OEM system to AUX otherwise you wont get the microphone to work.
- After install is finished, your parking sensors will not work until you drive a few miles so do not worry about this.
- The advance settings pin is as follows: 8868123
Imgur Folder Install Pics

After Install Impressions:
-
i was very worried about audio quality as I have just finished a full audio upgrade with DSP and such. I was happy to find that the screen did not have a negative impact on audio quality at all!
- Everything works very smooth once you get settings configured for your personal taste.
- Carplay works well, never frozen or lagged in the ~2 months ive used it, even after leaving the car in very hot weather.
- Youtube works very well and looks great on the screen, although I never really use this feature.
- Screen has actually been less problematic than my OEM screen which would freeze or not connect to carplay very often.
- Load up time is very quick, maybe 10 seconds to load into wireless carplay.
- Touchpad and steering wheels all work, the only thing that will not work anymore is the ability to switch songs from the control switches on near the volume ****, only way to switch is from the streering wheel or the touchscreen on the Lexion Unit, not a huge deal.
- I have set my backup camera to use the full screen, takes slightly longer to show on screen but Eric has said this is an issue they have been working to solve so it will be fixed!

Drawbacks
Overall I am very happy with this device, The UI is amazing and everything is very smooth, at times even smoother than my OEM screen was.

My only cons for this screen are:
- delay between switching songs is longer than OEM (I am VERY picky about this but most people will not notice)
- Siri voice is very very quiet and I cannot control her voice outside of the main system volume ( Eric said this will be addressed as well and is working to fix it)
- Backup camera delay is longer than OEM (again, this is something I am just OCD about and many have mentioned this before not being an issue)
- the UI is good but I think the graphics for the Climate Controls could look a little more modern, overall it works great and I am just being picky.

Overall
Overall, I am very satisfied with this upgrade, Eric was very polite and helped me through the order process and even troubleshooting when I needed some install help. The screen works flawlessly and the only cons are just me being extremely picky. I have not come across another screen upgrade that I have liked and I did an extensive amount of research going into this, Lexion has always seem to come out on top across all their screens on different Lexus models. This upgrade change my interior completely and the car feels much more luxurious, how it should feel from factory. The install is easy enough for anyone to do and I made a short video on how to install for anyone needing the extra help.

Thanks to everyone at Lexion Automotive, especially Eric.

Lexion UX Screen

Here is the link to my Youtube Install Video:

The following 3 users liked this post by Skrubway:
deftmaus (05-10-23), DesertFox6 (04-17-23), Lexion Automotive (04-18-23)
Old 04-19-23, 12:03 AM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Skrubway
Hello All,

I recently installed my Lexion 10.25 Nav upgrade screen and have been running it for a month or two. Just wanted to give it a review.

Initial Impressions:

- Placed order roughly a week or so before it shipped, once it did ship from Korea, it arrived very quickly ~ 2 days.
- Eric was very helpful through Whatsapp communication and answered a lot of my questions before I even placed an order, highly recommend talking to him before ordering.
- Packaging was great and everything came in perfect condition, DHL somehow seems to handle packages better than Fedex and UPS.
- Included in the box is; 1x radio harness, 1x small speaker (didn't need to use), 1x antenna for LTE connection as well as a GPS module.
- Screen looks basically like the OEM nav screen
- Initially I was a little sussed out by messaging through Whatsapp as I have been scammed in the past, but everything was done legit through Paypal and Eric handled everything professionally. His english is pretty good but he did mention that he is working on it still so I suggest being patient with him.

Install Notes
-
Everything is fairly easy to remove in terms of the dash, if I could do it again it would probably take me ~30 minutes to do, first time took me 1.5 hours (not including research time on where to plug in some of the harnesses)
- Make sure you run the TOUCHPAD harness to the underside of the touchpad, this part is what took me forever to figure out as I could not find the correct connector on the back of the radio, IT IS UNDER THE TOUCH PAD, you do not have to remove the center console. I go over how I did this in my video I will link below.
- Make sure to swap your airbag light and place it in the pocket next to the clock area (this is not detailed in any instructions but I kept it plugged in and made sure to tape it down.
- Make sure to swap the input on the OEM system to AUX otherwise you wont get the microphone to work.
- After install is finished, your parking sensors will not work until you drive a few miles so do not worry about this.
- The advance settings pin is as follows: 8868123
Imgur Folder Install Pics

After Install Impressions:
-
i was very worried about audio quality as I have just finished a full audio upgrade with DSP and such. I was happy to find that the screen did not have a negative impact on audio quality at all!
- Everything works very smooth once you get settings configured for your personal taste.
- Carplay works well, never frozen or lagged in the ~2 months ive used it, even after leaving the car in very hot weather.
- Youtube works very well and looks great on the screen, although I never really use this feature.
- Screen has actually been less problematic than my OEM screen which would freeze or not connect to carplay very often.
- Load up time is very quick, maybe 10 seconds to load into wireless carplay.
- Touchpad and steering wheels all work, the only thing that will not work anymore is the ability to switch songs from the control switches on near the volume ****, only way to switch is from the streering wheel or the touchscreen on the Lexion Unit, not a huge deal.
- I have set my backup camera to use the full screen, takes slightly longer to show on screen but Eric has said this is an issue they have been working to solve so it will be fixed!

Drawbacks
Overall I am very happy with this device, The UI is amazing and everything is very smooth, at times even smoother than my OEM screen was.

My only cons for this screen are:
- delay between switching songs is longer than OEM (I am VERY picky about this but most people will not notice)
- Siri voice is very very quiet and I cannot control her voice outside of the main system volume ( Eric said this will be addressed as well and is working to fix it)
- Backup camera delay is longer than OEM (again, this is something I am just OCD about and many have mentioned this before not being an issue)
- the UI is good but I think the graphics for the Climate Controls could look a little more modern, overall it works great and I am just being picky.

Overall
Overall, I am very satisfied with this upgrade, Eric was very polite and helped me through the order process and even troubleshooting when I needed some install help. The screen works flawlessly and the only cons are just me being extremely picky. I have not come across another screen upgrade that I have liked and I did an extensive amount of research going into this, Lexion has always seem to come out on top across all their screens on different Lexus models. This upgrade change my interior completely and the car feels much more luxurious, how it should feel from factory. The install is easy enough for anyone to do and I made a short video on how to install for anyone needing the extra help.

Thanks to everyone at Lexion Automotive, especially Eric.

Lexion UX Screen

Here is the link to my Youtube Install Video: Lexion UX Install

Hi @Skrubway,

Thank you very much for your detailed review, and we are glad that you are overall happy with your installed Lexion! Regarding the above-mentioned areas of improvement, we are continuing to work towards perfecting them.

Many people are a bit afraid of doing the installation themselves and are hesitant to make this upgrade to make their car look like it just came out of the factory, like yours. Thank you for sharing your experience with Eric and showing that others can do it too!
Your video explaining each steps you took is awesome.

Some also worry that they might purchase from AliExpress with questionable quality (no warranty, no customer support) and end up tossing it in the trash, only to end up spending more money replacing it.

Any reviews (pros/cons) really help both you and us.

Cheers!

Sales Department

sales@lexionautomotive.com
www.lexionautomotive.com
Facebook & Instagram: @lexionautomotive
LinkedIn: Lexion Group

Last edited by Lexion Automotive; 04-19-23 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-23-24, 09:31 PM
Kevn175
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackpad delay when using the factory settings (only first 10 min)

Very odd issue I’m having. (Recent purchase and install from Lexion)
when I first turn on my car, the trackpad works perfect in android settings. It’s when I switch to change anything in the Lexus system settings, the trackpad is unresponsive. After about 5-10min, the trackpad becomes functional and works in both modes. Anyone experience this?