Considering 2019 UX 200

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-23, 07:26 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts
Default Considering 2019 UX 200

Hi all,
I'm interested in purchasing a UX my local carmax has, it's a 2019 with 24k miles on it. It's a 200, not the Hybrid.
I've searched this thread pretty well and looks like the UX is pretty reliable as would be expected from Toyota / Lexus.
Any other 200 owners care to chime in with their experience?

Thanks!
Old 07-04-23, 04:45 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Hi there! I'll chime in from a 250h standpoint but also because of the unique position of having owned the RCF to give you some parallels. Of course the 250h and 200 have different powertrains (though the 2L 4cyl core ICE is the same in both), different fuel economy, and cargo space as the main differences, but the rest is pretty much the same.

Some key points:
- It has a fantastic short turning circle making it much easier to park and maneuver in streets and parking lots especially compared to the RCF
- It feels "city nimble" in handling though the RCF feels light for its weight and will destroy it on a track!
- Road suspension comfort is excellent and pretty refined, a little softer than the RCF
- Highway cruising is nice though it wavers a tad more than I'd like in a straight line whereas the the RCF is planted and on-center
- Powertrain refinement, good for a 4cyl but no comparison to the feel, sound, and refinement of the V8
- Build quality/materials is 90%+ the RCF, excellent considering it's half its cost. Where the UX is a bit "cheap" is the lower dash hard plastics and rear door panels. Feels tight to this day - No rattles!
- Visibility is not great (like the RCF) but decent and driving position/cockpit feels a little more cozy than the RCF. Dash sticks into the driver more - careful with your right knee on ingress hitting the left corner of the dash
- You can fit two 6 footers in the back of the UX, a bit tight on head/legroom, but as you know, forget that in the RCF!
- Sound system is decent, though nowhere near as good as the ML in the RCF
- Similar Remote Touch infotainment system, which is a little clunky as you know, but if you're used to in the RCF, you'll have no problems with the UX.
- Backup cam not great (like the RCFs)

The only two "major" gripes for us, with the UX:
- small 11 gallon fuel tank making fuel fill ups a bit more frequent than we'd like . The aftermarket wider rims/tires and cargo box hurts mpg especially on the hwy...
- tight cargo area for boxes to fit in the opening - the 20" height opening is very small in this category (though the 200 has about 4 inches more thanks to the lower floor b/c it lacks the 250h electric rear motor)

Overall, we love the UX. It has about 44k km (27k miles) and just basic maintenance (tires, oil and air/cabin filter changes so far). It's my wife's daily for 4+ years now, and our family hauler for family trips. It's a keeper for many more years to come! Happy shopping!

The following 2 users liked this post by corradoMR2:
sqlboy2000 (07-04-23), UXFL (07-05-23)
Old 07-15-23, 05:08 PM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Hi there! I'll chime in from a 250h standpoint but also because of the unique position of having owned the RCF to give you some parallels. Of course the 250h and 200 have different powertrains (though the 2L 4cyl core ICE is the same in both), different fuel economy, and cargo space as the main differences, but the rest is pretty much the same.

Some key points:
- It has a fantastic short turning circle making it much easier to park and maneuver in streets and parking lots especially compared to the RCF
- It feels "city nimble" in handling though the RCF feels light for its weight and will destroy it on a track!
- Road suspension comfort is excellent and pretty refined, a little softer than the RCF
- Highway cruising is nice though it wavers a tad more than I'd like in a straight line whereas the the RCF is planted and on-center
- Powertrain refinement, good for a 4cyl but no comparison to the feel, sound, and refinement of the V8
- Build quality/materials is 90%+ the RCF, excellent considering it's half its cost. Where the UX is a bit "cheap" is the lower dash hard plastics and rear door panels. Feels tight to this day - No rattles!
- Visibility is not great (like the RCF) but decent and driving position/cockpit feels a little more cozy than the RCF. Dash sticks into the driver more - careful with your right knee on ingress hitting the left corner of the dash
- You can fit two 6 footers in the back of the UX, a bit tight on head/legroom, but as you know, forget that in the RCF!
- Sound system is decent, though nowhere near as good as the ML in the RCF
- Similar Remote Touch infotainment system, which is a little clunky as you know, but if you're used to in the RCF, you'll have no problems with the UX.
- Backup cam not great (like the RCFs)

The only two "major" gripes for us, with the UX:
- small 11 gallon fuel tank making fuel fill ups a bit more frequent than we'd like . The aftermarket wider rims/tires and cargo box hurts mpg especially on the hwy...
- tight cargo area for boxes to fit in the opening - the 20" height opening is very small in this category (though the 200 has about 4 inches more thanks to the lower floor b/c it lacks the 250h electric rear motor)

Overall, we love the UX. It has about 44k km (27k miles) and just basic maintenance (tires, oil and air/cabin filter changes so far). It's my wife's daily for 4+ years now, and our family hauler for family trips. It's a keeper for many more years to come! Happy shopping!

Appreciate all the good info!
I did end up purchasing it, very happy so far!