Default 2023 Lexus UX 250h Hybrid Fuel Economy Drive

2023 Lexus UX 250h Hybrid Fuel Economy Drive
By Chad Haire

Can a luxury ride be economical?

Old 10-26-23, 10:05 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

How are the seats and seating position compared to the NX? Do they have 4 way lumbar?

Are the tires RFT?
Old 10-28-23, 12:18 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 270 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by anoop
How are the seats and seating position compared to the NX? Do they have 4 way lumbar?

Are the tires RFT?
Wife has the NX and the seats are comparable but then again we both have F Sports for the UX and NX.

As far as RFTs, the UX came with RFTs and I switched them out for Michelin Cross Climate 2s, far superior ride.
The following users liked this post:
anoop (10-28-23)
Old 10-30-23, 12:12 PM
Funride
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tofuprod
Wife has the NX and the seats are comparable but then again we both have F Sports for the UX and NX.

As far as RFTs, the UX came with RFTs and I switched them out for Michelin Cross Climate 2s, far superior ride.
We don't get much snow here in SW Ohio - just a few days each year - not sure if I need something like this. ?
Old 10-30-23, 12:35 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Originally Posted by Funride
We don't get much snow here in SW Ohio - just a few days each year - not sure if I need something like this. ?
I doubt it.

Luckily for us here in Chicago the past couple of years we haven't had much snow, it's just been more cold than anything.

The RFTs were okay for basic commute, but I would say snow above 3-4 inches is definitely not confidence inspiring. There was a time when I was going not even 10mph in the parking lot of my local gym in the winter, I turned the steering wheel to the left, car slid straight, almost went right into a parking curb. Not fun. Could have been ice, could have been the tires, could have been both. In either case, it was more than enough for me to ride them out the rest of the season and then through the following spring/summer/fall, which is when I then ditched them and put on the new wheels with the CC2s.

If you don't get much snow, I would think the RFTs should be all right, it's obviously a fair expense to upgrade wheels and or tires.. it's just personal preference.
Old 10-31-23, 01:18 PM
Funride
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tofuprod
I doubt it.

Luckily for us here in Chicago the past couple of years we haven't had much snow, it's just been more cold than anything.

The RFTs were okay for basic commute, but I would say snow above 3-4 inches is definitely not confidence inspiring. There was a time when I was going not even 10mph in the parking lot of my local gym in the winter, I turned the steering wheel to the left, car slid straight, almost went right into a parking curb. Not fun. Could have been ice, could have been the tires, could have been both. In either case, it was more than enough for me to ride them out the rest of the season and then through the following spring/summer/fall, which is when I then ditched them and put on the new wheels with the CC2s.

If you don't get much snow, I would think the RFTs should be all right, it's obviously a fair expense to upgrade wheels and or tires.. it's just personal preference.
I hate the RFT's and want to replace them with regular tires. Your's is the first post I've seen where someone has done that. Looking for an all weather tire since we do get some snow and nasty winter weather even if it's not a daily occurrence.
Old 10-31-23, 01:22 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Originally Posted by Funride
I hate the RFT's and want to replace them with regular tires. Your's is the first post I've seen where someone has done that. Looking for an all weather tire since we do get some snow and nasty winter weather even if it's not a daily occurrence.
Personally, if you say you don't get much snow, and don't want to plunk the change down on a tire like the Michelin CC2s, why not look into the Continental DWS series, or even what I used to run prior the Goodyear Eagle sport (also has a rim guard built in around the tire, pretty neat).

I know a lot of people worry about not having a spare and ditching the RFTs, but I have a small portable jack and tire plug kit should the unfortunate event arise, as if you puncture the RFTs, you're stuck replacing it anyways, so I feel the tradeoff in price between replacement, loud noise/ride quality, just isn't worth the hassle. But to each their own.

I have zero regrets going to my current setup, it's much more confidence inspiring, even though I don't drive this car aggressively, but just overall between normal driving conditions, rain, snow, etc.. it's a night and day difference, made the car much more enjoyable.
The following users liked this post:
UXFL (10-31-23)