UX Models (2019-present)

Need Help - Lexus UX250 electric heated seats wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-24, 12:09 PM
roces777
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Help - Lexus UX250 electric heated seats wiring.

Hello to all!

I just bought a Lexus Ux250h recently with base package, normal non-heated and non-electric seats, and after a few weeks, I got a very good deal on some nice seats ( full interior) which have electric adjustments and heating.
Having retrofitted heated seats before in 2 different lexus Is's, I was almost sure that that wiring harness were there in this Ux too. But I had a very unpleasant surprise. There are not. Not even a + wire for the electric motors. I want to do anything to retrofit theese seats, I got the central console buttons which had the wiring and work, but there is nothing coming to the seats.
If someone already did this or has more experience about this subject, please offer me some tips.

I tried to play wit the Lexus wiring diagrams a little and figure things out, but not being a car mechanic, it will take me some hours or days to understand things. Anyone with more experience can give me some shortcuts to understand the diagrams better?
I also found online a floor wiring harness coming of a model which had electric-heated seats, but it is pretty expensive and I don't even know if buying them will fix the problem.

Thank you in advance!
Old 02-19-24, 08:10 AM
ragebomb
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That’s a noble effort and I applaud your gusto! I’m surprised to hear there is no wiring under there. If it were me, I’d call around to stereo shops to see if anyone would be willing to take on the job. They may do it on an hourly basis, and it may get spendy. Just a note, I believe that the heated and ventilated seats talk to the infotainment screen. A stereo shop may be able to bypass that and just make the console switches turn the seats on at the various levels. You wouldn’t get the benefit of the “auto” setting.
The following users liked this post:
roces777 (02-19-24)
Old 02-19-24, 01:18 PM
roces777
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the answer! Strangely, after i fitted the console swithces, besides the fact that they had the wiring and lid up, the also talked to the infotainment screen which showed a seat heating graphic....
Old 05-26-24, 10:44 AM
iNicolete
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Lexus UX base model

Hi Roces,

I have just purchased my first Lexus Ux 2019 which also has the base model seats non electric and non heated.
I would very much like to change them asap, there is actually available on ebay a complete set of red leather seats but they are electrically adjustable and heated and I am worried that I might not be able to fit them.😵‍💫
Can you please guide me?
Have you sorted yours out?

Thank you,
Nicoleta

Originally Posted by roces777
Hello to all!

I just bought a Lexus Ux250h recently with base package, normal non-heated and non-electric seats, and after a few weeks, I got a very good deal on some nice seats ( full interior) which have electric adjustments and heating.
Having retrofitted heated seats before in 2 different lexus Is's, I was almost sure that that wiring harness were there in this Ux too. But I had a very unpleasant surprise. There are not. Not even a + wire for the electric motors. I want to do anything to retrofit theese seats, I got the central console buttons which had the wiring and work, but there is nothing coming to the seats.
If someone already did this or has more experience about this subject, please offer me some tips.

I tried to play wit the Lexus wiring diagrams a little and figure things out, but not being a car mechanic, it will take me some hours or days to understand things. Anyone with more experience can give me some shortcuts to understand the diagrams better?
I also found online a floor wiring harness coming of a model which had electric-heated seats, but it is pretty expensive and I don't even know if buying them will fix the problem.

Thank you in advance!