USB ports stopped working!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-19, 08:40 AM
andyymhsu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB ports stopped working!

Hi all! First post!

my four-month old Ultrasonic Blue Lexus UX250h’s USB stopped working! I’m based on Toronto, ON.

Neither of the ports work. No power to my dashcam and also no Apple CarPlay...for the time being I use the cigarette lighter port for power.

Has anyone faced and resolved this issue? I’m going to book an appt at the dealership but I’d really like to avoid a trip and potentially costly repair for something so simple.
Old 09-21-19, 10:08 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 282 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by andyymhsu
Hi all! First post!

my four-month old Ultrasonic Blue Lexus UX250h’s USB stopped working! I’m based on Toronto, ON.

Neither of the ports work. No power to my dashcam and also no Apple CarPlay...for the time being I use the cigarette lighter port for power.

Has anyone faced and resolved this issue? I’m going to book an appt at the dealership but I’d really like to avoid a trip and potentially costly repair for something so simple.
I haven't but it's not uncommon, most of these things/issue with the USB related are tied into a fuse with the radio, if your radio is working then...

Regardless, wish I knew more but unfortunately I do not, luckily for us, we have warranty so you shouldn't be paying anything out of pocket for this. Keep us posted.
Old 09-21-19, 10:21 AM
andyymhsu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tofuprod
I haven't but it's not uncommon, most of these things/issue with the USB related are tied into a fuse with the radio, if your radio is working then...

Regardless, wish I knew more but unfortunately I do not, luckily for us, we have warranty so you shouldn't be paying anything out of pocket for this. Keep us posted.
Thank you for the response. I think you are onto something.

The sales manager i dealt with contacted the service dept on my behalf, and I was told that it was likely the fuse. Radio still works though. Sincerely hope it is no money out of pocket.

With that being said I use Apple certified cable from AmazonBasics and the other USB port is connected to a dashcam. Wonder what happened there.
Old 09-22-19, 06:03 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 282 Likes on 210 Posts

Thank you for the response. I think you are onto something.

The sales manager i dealt with contacted the service dept on my behalf, and I was told that it was likely the fuse. Radio still works though. Sincerely hope it is no money out of pocket.

With that being said I use Apple certified cable from AmazonBasics and the other USB port is connected to a dashcam. Wonder what happened there.
No problem, I am curious though too for you - I also run a dashcam in my UX, and it's powered through the 12v/Cig lighter (haven't hardwired it yet to the fuse panel) and the USB I use obviously for my iPhone with the apple carplay, no issues to either knock on wood. The cable I use for the apple carplay is also that mifi certified something-or-other brand and it's worked just fine.

You should incur no cost for a remedy to your solution, as I said, we have warranty so this is something that shouldn't happen whether it be a 5,000 dollar or a 50,000 dollar vehicle that is new.
Old 10-04-19, 12:14 PM
andyymhsu
Driver School Candidate

wow - 2 weeks later and my post is still up there.

Anyway, not a blown fuse! The aux adapter also isnt working, so they are replacing some parts. Unfortunately, the part is on backorder and I have no idea when it will be repaired...

Part number 86190-11010, description "adapter assembly." Costs $289.39CAD.

Not sure what happened!
Old 11-07-20, 03:54 PM
DWHartman
Driver School Candidate

Hi all! First post!

Were you able to figure out what was wrong? I have the same problem with the AUX console USB ports. They work sometimes and other times they do not. Trying to figure out which fuse goes to the console is a nightmare! Any help would be appreciated! douglas.w.hartman@comcast.net
Old 03-05-24, 01:18 PM
Sgman
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DWHartman
Were you able to figure out what was wrong? I have the same problem with the AUX console USB ports. They work sometimes and other times they do not. Trying to figure out which fuse goes to the console is a nightmare! Any help would be appreciated! douglas.w.hartman@comcast.net
Having the same issue, it sometimes works , I tried connecting my Android with different cables , and when I move the cable it disconnects from Android Auto. Some day it just doesn't connect, really frustrating, did you manage to solve your issue ?