UX Models (2019-present)

Trailer Receiver Hitch for Bike Carrier

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-19, 02:22 AM
brian2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Receiver Hitch for Bike Carrier

I want to carry a bicycle around using a trailer hitch type of carrier.

There are none available however etrailer has one for toyota ch-r. Anyone know if this would work on UX (UX Hybrid)?

Thx
Old 12-03-19, 07:51 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 255 Likes on 201 Posts

If you are really, really motivated, get out your tape measure, go to a Toyota dealership, crawl under the back of a CH-R and compare the distances between the CH-R's hitch mounting points and body structure to that of your UX. Review the hitch installation instructions for other vehicles built on the GA-C platform, e.g. the Prius as well as the CH-R, so that you know what to measure. A list of all vehicles on the GA-C platform is at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota...hitecture#GA-C

Maybe you'll get lucky. For example, it was found that the same trailer hitch fit the gen 2 IS and the gen 3 GS before hitch makers marketed the hitches as fitting both Lexus models. Or maybe a hitch from another model can be adapted by doing a bit of drilling to enlarge or reposition mounting holes in the hitch.

I've adapted parts from different makes and models a number of times. I've sometimes had to do some fabrication and drilling but have usually been successful. My wife seemed to be embarrassed when I took her with me to do some measuring on a Toyota Scion IQ a few years ago but she likes that the IQ's mirror covers with turn signals fit her Prius perfectly although I had to fabricate electrical harnesses to make them work. Where there's a will, there's (usually) a way.

Old 12-03-19, 04:54 PM
brian2
Driver School Candidate

thx ..... i will try measuringToyota IZOA EV
Old 02-04-21, 05:40 PM
Sikeclass
4th Gear

Default CH-R hitch on Lexus UX200 or UX250H ?

Originally Posted by brian2
I want to carry a bicycle around using a trailer hitch type of carrier.

There are none available however etrailer has one for toyota ch-r. Anyone know if this would work on UX (UX Hybrid)?

Thx
Reviving a year dead thread. Did anything ever come of this? Has anyone been able to measure it up to see if this would work?