UX Models (2019-present)

📸 Installed a Dash Cam in my UX 📽️

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-21, 11:59 AM
BenjiboyIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Alright, thats super slick. Very unassuming and low profile!
Old 08-05-21, 04:25 PM
CALtd
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed a valentine 1 radar detector using the existing power going to rear view mirror. The wires are always hot and fused. Valentine sells a mount that attaches to the mirror.
Amazon Amazon
Old 08-05-21, 09:32 PM
gnuels
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CALtd
I installed a valentine 1 radar detector using the existing power going to rear view mirror. The wires are always hot and fused. Valentine sells a mount that attaches to the mirror. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Did you have to splice wires? Can you share some details?
Old 12-25-21, 10:34 AM
pw1114
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

For what it’s worth in this thread, I installed the Toyota Integrated DashCam made for the new Sienna or Venza because I think it looks the cleanest, and I like that the font used on the cam buttons are Toyota, so it matches the car I guess, like it’s made for the car.

https://toyota.worldoemparts.com/oem...xoCOfcQAvD_BwE

there are only 3 wires for the camera, similar to other dash cams. One is Ground, one is constant power, and one is ignition on power. Constant power wire is to power the camera itself while recording or in parking mode, while Ignition on power wire is a trigger wire to exit the parking mode and start recording. Personally, I don’t want parking mode on so I just twisted the Ignition-on and constant power wires together so that the camera only works when I have the car on. Those two wires were fuse tapped into ACC power, and ground is obviously just ground.

Last edited by pw1114; 12-25-21 at 11:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
1wacko (12-25-21)
Old 01-15-22, 04:52 PM
kingnba6
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just wanted to throw this out there that I installed the FitCam dash cam. Its OEM fitment.

📸 Installed a Dash Cam in my UX 📽️-qidzeail.jpg
📸 Installed a Dash Cam in my UX 📽️-ftghopgl.jpg
The following users liked this post:
Brainygadgetgirl (07-16-24)
Old 10-02-22, 03:03 PM
yumseyo
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just saw that one too from amazon. About 170.00 with 5 % discount. I read the few reviews it had and it didn't seem bad. kingnba6 did you get one ? and have you installed it?
Old 10-07-22, 01:16 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by yumseyo
I just saw that one too from amazon. About 170.00 with 5 % discount. I read the few reviews it had and it didn't seem bad. kingnba6 did you get one ? and have you installed it?
I've had one for 10 months on my 2022 IS and a month in our 2022 Highlander and both work flawlessly. I can't recommend them enough. The Toyota Integrated Dash Cam that was mentioned above actually uses the same exact method to get power.
Old 10-22-22, 06:26 AM
kingnba6
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yumseyo
Yes, I have the fitcamx installed on my UX. The install process was very simple and forward. The fitment was perfect and the looks are very oem. Most people cant even tell that its there or that it isnt original.
Old 02-12-23, 08:08 AM
lhks
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@NXOwner did you manage to get an extended fuse cover for your UX?
Old 02-12-23, 06:38 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by lhks
@NXOwner did you manage to get an extended fuse cover for your UX?
I did not. The cover is safely placed under the trunk floor.
Old 05-25-23, 09:03 AM
dolfandon
2nd gear

See the other post. For some reason the quote didn't work. This is about the toyota integrated dash cam.

It appears that there is a Lexus version of this and it should have a harness that taps into the power in the overhead console. I may try this. How is the quality of the picture from the camera since I think they are the same unit just branded differently.

Last edited by dolfandon; 05-25-23 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-25-23, 09:09 AM
dolfandon
2nd gear

Originally Posted by pw1114
For what it’s worth in this thread, I installed the Toyota Integrated DashCam made for the new Sienna or Venza because I think it looks the cleanest, and I like that the font used on the cam buttons are Toyota, so it matches the car I guess, like it’s made for the car.

https://toyota.worldoemparts.com/oem...xoCOfcQAvD_BwE

there are only 3 wires for the camera, similar to other dash cams. One is Ground, one is constant power, and one is ignition on power. Constant power wire is to power the camera itself while recording or in parking mode, while Ignition on power wire is a trigger wire to exit the parking mode and start recording. Personally, I don’t want parking mode on so I just twisted the Ignition-on and constant power wires together so that the camera only works when I have the car on. Those two wires were fuse tapped into ACC power, and ground is obviously just ground.

It appears that there is a Lexus version of this and it should have a harness that taps into the power in the overhead console. I may try this. How is the quality of the picture from the camera since I think they are the same unit just branded differently.
Old 06-07-23, 12:30 PM
jms123
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Great DIY! I had bought a cheaper dashcam on Amazon that plugs into the 12V outlet in the center console. I passed the wire underneath the console trim for a seamless look. Downside is it takes up a bit of the precious space from the console.
Is yours next to the rearview mirror, how do you hide the wiring along the windshield?
Old 08-05-23, 10:19 AM
Thaiwoo
Rookie

Great post. What fuse size does the car have so I get the correct add on fuse holder. I see some kits offer a variety?

1 x ACN Add a Circuit Fuse Holders
1 x ACS Add a Circuit Fuse Holders
1 x ACU Add a Circuit Fuse Holders
Old 08-07-23, 03:46 PM
Thaiwoo
Rookie

Got to pull a fuse out and it's the low profile mini fuse type. Ordered the appropriate add a circuit adapter and ran the wire along the windshield down as wifesUX did and wired it like NXOwner. Works great.

Got this camera here
Amazon Amazon
. Not bad for the price and comes with a rear camera which I did not install yet. Only negative I found is that for the GPS on the cam to work you need to use the cable that came with it. Assume it's the antenna that is integrated into the cable. That cable comes with the cigarette lighter plug. Seller offers a hard wire kit without the GPS antenna for extra $.

Mounted it in the center right under the mirror. Ended up opening the lighter plug, solder in two wires and connected it to the fuse and ground. SO far so good.