UX Models (2019-present)

Rain doesn't dry in new UX

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-20, 09:10 AM
Tomatie
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rain doesn't dry in new UX

This is a day after it rained and with direct sunlight. My other cars are completely dry with no droplets. Anyone have similar issue with the UX?
Old 02-13-20, 12:36 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

It looks like your car is very well waxed or the paint sealant is very good causing the water droplets to be very large. Large droplets will take longer to evaporate. If it wasn’t sealed or waxed, the water would not bead up and would evaporate quickly.
Old 02-13-20, 01:09 PM
Tomatie
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Very well waxed", not sure if that's a good thing.
Haven't done anything to the car since we bought it.

I wonder if other UX have the same problem. I sucks to be the only car still with droplets on the car even after HOUR after it stopped raining.
Old 02-14-20, 10:19 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 113 Likes on 71 Posts

Did you drive your other cars or only your UX the day before? It can be condensation from the residual heat left over from the cabin. The engine bay would also produce this residual heat, but would help aid in drying some the condensation off the hood because the heat from the engine bay would be hotter.
Old 02-14-20, 01:01 PM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomatie
"Very well waxed", not sure if that's a good thing.
Haven't done anything to the car since we bought it.

I wonder if other UX have the same problem. I sucks to be the only car still with droplets on the car even after HOUR after it stopped raining.
Very well waxed is a good thing, not a bad thing. If you want to get rid of the water droplets, take a broom (don't actually) to your UX and make small scratches throughout the clear coat. This will stop the water from beading and will fix your problem
Old 02-14-20, 03:52 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 270 Likes on 203 Posts

The beading is actually a good thing if it sits, it does mean you have some layer of protectant on the car. Unless if in motion, the beading would be harder to fall off due the their size, compared to the smaller droplets let's say on a non-waxed/protected car.

I would hardly call it a 'problem', maybe a sense of visual and personal annoyance, but once you drive or heck, leaf blower it, it'll come right off. Or, take a microfiber to it.

This same exact 'problem' that you're having, happens to me when I wax or to paint correction on my vehicles, happens even more when I ceramic coat it.