UX Models (2019-present)

Availability of UX250h LUXURY

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-20, 03:30 PM
Jerome10
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Availability of UX250h LUXURY

Helping a family member search for their UX. While pricing out the standard UX250h, we are close enough to the price of the LUXURY trim that I think it might make sense just to get that instead.

However, searching all over Chicagoland at in-stock vehicles I don't think I see one LUXURY trim. Nearly everything seems to be the standard model with the premium package and some add-ons....or F Sport. Checked a few dealers around Los Angeles area just to see. Nothing.

Are they actually making and shipping 2020 LUXURY models? Just not that common? Anyone here own a LUXURY trim model?

Last edited by Jerome10; 09-10-20 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-11-20, 07:50 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 270 Likes on 203 Posts

Chicago native here too.

From what I recall here at least, they don't have much if any of the Lux UXs. Mine is the 250H F sport and those are even a tad more common than the Lux. Like you said though, it's either just the base or a base f sport or just hybrid.

I hope you find what you're looking for though.
Old 09-11-20, 08:07 AM
Jerome10
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Appreciate the feedback. I did a nationwide search this morning on one of those car buying websites and I think I got a total of 7 LUXURY trim models in the entire country.

Honestly the biggest thing is that when you option up the base how you want it, we're close to the LUXURY price....and memory seats are really nice, as are the dimming outside mirrors, and not available on the base it seems. Kinda irritating they don't make memory seats available at all on the base model, not even as an option. Memory seats seem to me they should be standard on any luxury brand vehicle. She's also considering the Mazda3 and that car has the memory seats.
Old 09-12-20, 04:17 AM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we were shopping in July, I was told that the Lux was special order only. Why? I don’t know. We did get a UX and love it but memory seats and Nav would’ve been nice.
Old 09-14-20, 02:55 AM
Funride
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jclem
When we were shopping in July, I was told that the Lux was special order only. Why? I don’t know. We did get a UX and love it but memory seats and Nav would’ve been nice.
I agree - when the extras are added to the base the price gets very close to a Lux model. I was looking at new, but my dealer had a lease turn in that only had 9,200 miles on it for $10k less than the sticker and that really was too good to pass up as it was also certified. It's a hybrid base model, but has every option available. The selections were getting pretty thin - even back in June.
I REALLY love this car - it is the perfect size for me and I'm glad I didn't buy a NX, which is what I originally thought I wanted.
Old 09-14-20, 06:42 AM
uxrx
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never seen a luxury UX here in Florida during my online searches. Agreed that the memory seats would have been great. Seems that most dealers stock the F Sport or Base, and the Base is pretty commonly equipped with the Premium package, but not quite the luxury trim!
Old 09-14-20, 08:09 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 870 Likes on 656 Posts

The Dealer Council of each Area (West/East/South/Central) get together and figure
out what will sell best and quickest. It gets distilled down to three or four "standard"
build schedules for each model. This makes stocking and dealer trades a very
streamlined operation. The Luxury level UX is available as a Special Order and
will take about 16 weeks to come through.
Because I lease all that I need to do is place the Special Order 4 months before the
current lease matures and make the move at the appointed time. Ordered our 2014
ES300h with the Lane Detect and Dynamic Radar Cruise (before they became standard
in 2017). Ordered the 2018 ESh with the Ultra Luxury stuff that was not ever going to
be in regular stock.
Old 09-14-20, 12:46 PM
Squeak
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can search online and work with an out of state dealership and have it shipped. I almost did this for my blue f-sport because there were only 7 for sale in the country but I ended up getting a good deal on one coming to a local dealership that was on a ship.
Old 09-14-20, 06:27 PM
sal1k
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Agree with lack of inventory

I purchased mine back in late 2019 from a dealer in SoCal who had two on the lot. Neither had the HUD or the triple beam LED headlights. I didn't want to wait for a special order so I took one of them even though they didn't have the aforementioned two options. I kind of miss the HUD, but in the end, I didn't have to wait, and a HUD is another thing that can potentially go wrong. LOL

Out of curiosity I have been searching through inventories across CA, and I haven't found any! I would imagine that there are very very few across the states like a recent poster had mentioned. I guess people don't want to spring up to the luxury trim if they can get 80% of the way there without kicking the price all the way up. I just wanted to buy a car that'll last me until the wheels fall off, and I won't be left wanting for any more meaningful bells and whistles.
The following users liked this post:
Littlegoat (10-03-20)
Old 09-16-20, 04:47 PM
Guru0006
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are NONE on west coast. Unsure if you can get one without special ordering it. This is our dilemma at moment as well. No one has luxury/nav package. You need Nav to order luxury package.
Old 09-21-20, 06:51 AM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The highest trim I have been able to find in any significant volume is the F-Sport with the Premium package (not luxury package). If you want any of the features like HUD, Triple-Beam Headlights, Luxury package, or a Luxury trim level it seems you need to order one. I find this ridiculous since most of the reviews I have seen are of an F-Sport or Luxury model with a HUD and 10" screen.

In addition, the triple beam headlights are the only ones the IIHS rates as "good." They did so using an F-sport model. But when you try to configure an F-Sport with triple beam headlights you find it they aren't available on that trim.

There's clearly a disconnect between what Lexus is pushing in marketing materials and safety ratings vs what is actually getting to the showroom floor.
Old 10-19-20, 07:19 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 870 Likes on 656 Posts

The disconnect seems to be that more folks read the online reviews for price than for
features. Dealers reorder the colors and option packages that sell and turn over the quickest.
An outlier high priced version of nearly any mainstream model will sit unloved longer.
Exceptions are models that are already out side the norm and buyers are willing and able
to spring for all the toys. Lexus LC500's are subject to this. Basic $90K LC's just sit there
while $100K "Motor Trend" level versions do better.
Old 11-14-20, 10:53 PM
lastkid11
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat!
I'm on cars {dot} com like every other day.
All the Lux models are scattered (Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, Colorado), but none in SoCal.
(I did spot one in Ontario, CA a few months back, but nothing since).
You'd think that since we're all La-Di-Da in SoCal, the Lux model would be in healthy heaps here.
That nice 10.2'' screen and Dynamic Navigation (tracks your normal routes and trains the car to be more efficient when driving uphill/downhill, etc.), these things are cool!
Glad I'm not the only one who was on the hunt.
Let's hope the next year will bring some of those our way.