UX Models (2019-present)

New UX vibration while driving.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-20, 09:37 AM
Adam200699
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you take the car to another dealer, or independent repair shop to get another opinion? When it's come to dealing with under warranty problem with the dealership, it's always like pulling teeth from a five years old. Before you call a lawyer, you should call Lexus Corporate, and regional liaison to look into your case. If you have comprehensive insurance, get your insurance company involve. It might cover under mechanical breakdown under your insurance.

My father's new RAV4's radiator start leaking after just six months, and it was replaced free of charge, even the dealer claim it was road hazard damage, not cover under warranty. You just need to keep hammering them. Good luck.
Old 12-23-20, 12:04 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Insist on ROAD FORCE BALANCING and that may solve the problem. Conventional spin balance doesn't work in many cases.
Old 12-24-20, 10:23 AM
ranger052
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

Thank you for all the suggestions.
Yes the car has been on 5 different dealers and 4 of them just refused to even check the car claiming it was "normal" the 5th dealer in the other hand replaced wheels, replaced tires, force balance and force match the tire on the wheel. Still issue remained, when you drive faster than 40MPH or for longer than 15 minutes, you start feeling a vibration on the gas pedal, steering and sometimes on the seat. It kinda feel like a buzz, you have the zzzz sensation. The longer you drive the car the worse it gets to the point that my right leg goes numb.

I went back a few weeks ago again to that last dealer and they called Lexus and requested a Field Tech to come and look at the car, he came, drove the car for 60 miles and agreed it had too much vibration and also his leg and arms were going numb. Yet he claims is a "Normal" behavior and nothing else they can do.

I explained to them it was not safe to drive a car like that and they just did not care, I ask them to keep investigating and they just plain refuse. I already hired a lawyer and started the Lemon Law claim. I understand also that an independent shop might be able to help BUT this is a LEXUS! a Luxury brand and I should not have to rely on third party to fix issues. Unfortunately I lost all trust in the brand and after I finish this Lemon case, winning or loosing I am buying another brand car.

Old 12-25-20, 06:35 AM
Funride
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger052
Hi all,

Thank you for all the suggestions.
Yes the car has been on 5 different dealers and 4 of them just refused to even check the car claiming it was "normal" the 5th dealer in the other hand replaced wheels, replaced tires, force balance and force match the tire on the wheel. Still issue remained, when you drive faster than 40MPH or for longer than 15 minutes, you start feeling a vibration on the gas pedal, steering and sometimes on the seat. It kinda feel like a buzz, you have the zzzz sensation. The longer you drive the car the worse it gets to the point that my right leg goes numb.

I went back a few weeks ago again to that last dealer and they called Lexus and requested a Field Tech to come and look at the car, he came, drove the car for 60 miles and agreed it had too much vibration and also his leg and arms were going numb. Yet he claims is a "Normal" behavior and nothing else they can do.

I explained to them it was not safe to drive a car like that and they just did not care, I ask them to keep investigating and they just plain refuse. I already hired a lawyer and started the Lemon Law claim. I understand also that an independent shop might be able to help BUT this is a LEXUS! a Luxury brand and I should not have to rely on third party to fix issues. Unfortunately I lost all trust in the brand and after I finish this Lemon case, winning or loosing I am buying another brand car.
How frustrating this must be for you.

I have not had any issues with my UX and the service department at my local Lexus dealership has been great.

I drove company cars for 40 years and so never had to worry about car problems - if the car dropped dead, it wasn't my problem - LOL. When I retired this year and had to buy a car one of my major concerns was I might get one that had issues or required a lot of maintenance. I really wanted a Mercedes, but just didn't want to deal with all of the high maintenance costs as they get older and as I plan to keep this car for at least 10 -12 years, Lexus seemed to offer what I was looking for.

Good luck with lawsuit. My son had a Corvette that was a lemon and he successfully got a new car.

Last edited by Funride; 12-25-20 at 06:44 AM.