New UX vibration while driving.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-20, 08:51 AM
ranger052
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New UX vibration while driving.

Hi all.

I purchased my new UX F Sport last October 22, beautiful car inside and out but I am having problems with it already. During the test drive, the car was OK, no issues but as soon I drove of the lot and drove it on the highway, the car vibrates. You cannot see the vibration, no parts are shaking nor moving BUT you do feel it all over the floor, seat and steering wheel. Even my passenger can feel it. So I drove back to the dealer and of course "we cannot replicate" I complained to the sales manager and he asked service to perform a balance. Balance done and steering vibration is gone but the floor and seat still vibrate when over 40MPH. The vibration can also be felt a little bit when driving slow but is more pronounce when driving over 40MPH at a constant speed.

IDK what to do, I already opened a case with Lexus corporate because dealer is no helping at all, not even a sorry. All they said was, oh we will ask Lexus for permission to replace all tires. First time I see a dealer cannot replace 4 tires without asking for permission. Has anyone here experience any sort of vibration on the UX while driving? the vibration can be felt on your legs.

Any ideas?
Old 10-27-20, 01:31 PM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

Is this during acceleration or just cruising? 4 cylinder engines are prone to vibrating and that transmits to the cabin. It doesn't matter if it's a Lexus, Toyota, MB, BMW, etc.
Old 10-27-20, 04:27 PM
ranger052
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MX73
Is this during acceleration or just cruising? 4 cylinder engines are prone to vibrating and that transmits to the cabin. It doesn't matter if it's a Lexus, Toyota, MB, BMW, etc.
Hi, it happens all the time under acceleration or just cruising.
I also agree that 4 cylinder engines are more prone to vibrations but not on a Luxury brand, luxury cars are built better to remove and hide those vibrations from inside the cabin, as I mentioned none of my previous cars had that and most of them were 4 Cylinder including the Mini F56 S.

Right now the car is that the dealer, it has been there since this morning. They supposedly replacing the tires to see if that fix the issue. Lets hope it does.
Old 10-27-20, 07:20 PM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger052
Hi, it happens all the time under acceleration or just cruising.
I also agree that 4 cylinder engines are more prone to vibrations but not on a Luxury brand, luxury cars are built better to remove and hide those vibrations from inside the cabin,

Right now the car is that the dealer, it has been there since this morning. They supposedly replacing the tires to see if that fix the issue. Lets hope it does.
I'm sorry but this is not true. I've posted this in the other models and well and I have ridden in a few c-class and Audi's with the 4 bangers. Mainly because I work at a multi-brand dealership group. They all have some sort of slight vibrations. You may not be able to feel it during the initial test drive because all the bushes haven't been broken in but they all have a signature vibration.
Old 10-27-20, 10:06 PM
ranger052
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MX73
I'm sorry but this is not true. I've posted this in the other models and well and I have ridden in a few c-class and Audi's with the 4 bangers. Mainly because I work at a multi-brand dealership group. They all have some sort of slight vibrations. You may not be able to feel it during the initial test drive because all the bushes haven't been broken in but they all have a signature vibration.
The loaner they gave me, a 2019 UX with 3K miles has 0 vibration. I can drive at any speed and I feel 0 vibrations. Also my family members drove and they felt no vibration at all. While you are correct, the vibration in my car is not normal, I cant even drive on the highway because it vibrate so much that both my legs go numb lol. Is bad is really bad.
Old 11-11-20, 08:02 PM
corcorand
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you sure it's not the "lane keeping " feature activating? That also gives out vibration to alert you that you are straying from the lane. Test car may not have had that feature. If that's it, you can turn it off.
Old 11-13-20, 01:03 PM
ranger052
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corcorand
Are you sure it's not the "lane keeping " feature activating? That also gives out vibration to alert you that you are straying from the lane. Test car may not have had that feature. If that's it, you can turn it off.
Hi,

Correct that is not the issue.
Old 11-16-20, 07:59 PM
ranger052
Driver School Candidate

Sadly the vibration feeling on the gas pedal, floor of the car and seat is not limited to the RX.

i purchased a new UX 3 weeks ago and it has been back at the dealer 7 times. When driving I can feel a vibration on the gas pedal, floor and seat. Dealer replaced tires, also tires and wheels, balanced and aligned and nothing.

I traded my BMW aka Mini because I wanted something more confortable and wanted long term peace of mind. Boy I was wrong! Yes is comfy but man the vibration!!!!!!

Never again, first and last Lexus that is for sure.

Old 11-16-20, 09:42 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts

Sadly the vibration feeling on the gas pedal, floor of the car and seat is not limited to the RX.

i purchased a new UX 3 weeks ago and it has been back at the dealer 7 times. When driving I can feel a vibration on the gas pedal, floor and seat. Dealer replaced tires, also tires and wheels, balanced and aligned and nothing.

I traded my BMW aka Mini because I wanted something more confortable and wanted long term peace of mind. Boy I was wrong! Yes is comfy but man the vibration!!!!!!

Huh, I drove a UX as a loaner, great little car, thought it was better than an NX
Old 11-16-20, 10:58 PM
ranger052
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
Huh, I drove a UX as a loaner, great little car, thought it was better than an NX
The loaner I drove was also fine but for some random reason my car has that vibration and dealers cant figure it out. I am at a loss!
Old 11-16-20, 11:12 PM
hulatee
Driver School Candidate

Default Hesitation

The loaner I drove was also fine but for some random reason my car has that vibration and dealers cant figure it out. I am at a loss!
It could be related to the fuel pump. There is a recall.
Old 11-17-20, 06:51 AM
ranger052
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hulatee
It could be related to the fuel pump. There is a recall.
Could be but the dealers do not know. I have visit multiple dealer and now they are saying the “ Could not duplicate or Is normal “

basically now I am passing by the same bs you all went through with your RX
Old 11-17-20, 07:15 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

This post is in the wrong thread - it belongs in UX section, as it has nothing to do with any of the RX models. All RX are 6 cylinders & the UX is a 4 cylinder. Personally, I think it’s a horrible vehicle when compared to the RX, just as the RX is completely different from the GX & so forth.
Old 11-18-20, 02:38 AM
rxtimes2
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Could be but the dealers do not know. I have visit multiple dealer and now they are saying the “ Could not duplicate or Is normal “

basically now I am passing by the same bs you all went through with your RX
Time to escalate your dissatisfaction to Lexus management and pursue lemon laws if applicable.
Old 11-18-20, 06:04 PM
Dhaka
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Try to invoke the Lemon Law, if your state has one, and get a replacement vehicle.

Quick Reply: New UX vibration while driving.