UX Models (2019-present)

Considering A New UX 250h

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-20, 11:24 PM
kit2271
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I owe a 2019 UX250h with F-Sport, I highly recommend it to everyone. The acceleration is fast compare to 85% of the car on the road, I can easily reach 100 miles and not feeling I am speeding. The ride is comfortable and safe. The Sport mode is no different from the Normal mode, just added some fake muffle noise. Get the 2021 version will support the Apple carplay or android connection better. Hopefully you can get the 0% deal when you are ready to buy,
Good luck on your shopping and have a Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-31-20, 09:52 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Originally Posted by CALtd
We put 150K mi on our 2012 Ct200h. The only lag was between 50-80 MPH. Off the line it was quick. Our new (4 mos & 4K mi) UX 250h is even peppier off the line if you put your foot in it.

Only complaint is the car computed MPG. It says 42 but spreadsheet says 38.4
Nice to compare to the CT. I figured the UX would be peppier than the CT.

My CT is more than adequate at any speed, in any situation but does require more awareness and planning, lets say if you want to merge into faster traffic. So I imagine a UX would be a tad better.

W/ Hybrids, you can't just gun it and jump out into traffic or you'll get honked at or rear ended. That's just hybrid life. Same w/ the engine droning, compared to a normal car? Yep a hybrid will drone but honestly you shouldn't be flooring it for more than 5-10 seconds max so it's a small price to pay for 40mpg =)
Old 12-31-20, 11:21 AM
Jay73
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all for your continued feedback!

All this info really helps to understand the UX much better.

We are planning on starting to go for test drives around March/April for a few different vehicles. It all depends on what the wife likes but the UX is at the top of my list and I can't wait to check it out and test drive it myself.

Hopefully the wife will like it too, I keep telling her from all the cars we are looking at, it's the perfect choice for her, haha.

Thanks
Old 01-01-21, 05:40 AM
Jimmy3864
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by webra
How would you compare the two in other areas?
Thanks!
2 different vehicles but both great. I have owned 4 different Lexus vehicles with no issues. If you go ahead, I would buy the hybrid....it has been great.

Old 01-01-21, 05:27 PM
Jay73
Driver School Candidate

Had a few more questions.

If I should post this as a new post or in a different section, please let me know.

1) Pricing: I live in SoCal and am wondering what type of pricing should I expect for a 2021 250h w/F-Sport Package that includes the Premium Package, Navigation, Color Heads Up Display, Wireless Charger, Intuitive Parking Assist, Rear Kick Sensor? Building on Lexus website, it shows as $43, 465.
I realize that it also depends on when you buy, especially if we purchase closer to summer when they are awaiting the new model. But wanted to get an idea of what types of prices others have paid.

2) Any recommendations on a good Lexus Dealer in Socal?

3) Do you all recommend Extended Warranties or Maintenance Warranties?

One thing I have noticed is after looking at multiple dealer websites, is that it is hard to find one with all the options that you want and many of them do not seem to have the 10.3" with Navigation.

Last edited by Jay73; 01-01-21 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Adding content
Old 01-01-21, 06:35 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Jay73, welcome to CL and I'm pleased with your interest in the UXh. You're 100% correct - stay away from Mini unless you're short-term leasing this. If it's a long-term investment, Lexus is second to none as you likely know.

I assume you are aware of interior passenger and cargo space differences between the Cube and UX so I won't elaborate on it other than the UXh is smaller. With that said, our '19 UX 250h F Sport is our family (or 4) commuter believe it or not and we manage. We've even gone on long road trips (pre-Covid) comfortably though with the help of a cargo box (see here).

As for a possible MY 2022 power bump, highly unlikely per Lexus' history on their lack of power bumps mid-cycle, and the fact that it's a brand new powertrain. With that said, the powertrain is responsive and never feels like it's lacking either in city or highway driving, even with 4 passengers and cargo. Coming from a Cube, you will notice the UXh is peppier.

The UXh is my wife's daily driver and is her favorite Lexus ever owned, with the NX a very close second. She loves the unique styling, build quality, fuel economy, and especially, the best-in-class short turning circle which makes seemingly-impossible turns in tight spaces happen with ease.

Sorry, can't help you with SoCal-related questions, but simply for esthetics, I prefer the 10.3" screen and would pay the premium for that.

I don't recommend an extended warranty for this vehicle. The powertrain is an evolution of the tried and true Prius' powertrain that lasts hundreds of thousands of miles before any major battery and major component replacement may be required. If an when you would have a large enough issue, it would be well past the extended warranty period.

Any other question, feel free to post. Many of us owners here happy to help. Happy shopping!

Last edited by corradoMR2; 01-01-21 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added content.
The following users liked this post:
LexHybrd31 (01-13-22)
Old 01-01-21, 06:46 PM
CALtd
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I too wanted all the options and had to settle for what I could find. For us, color (red) was the main criteria. It seems that the blue only comes in Sport. Only cars with all the bells and whistles were Orange.

The NAV seemed to be a non-starter for all the inventories we found. I have gotten used to using phone (Android) rather than needing separate GPS. Harder for my wife to deal with especially if you are trying to charge phone at same time. I hate the Android app because it wants to control phone audio replays but I want phone calls thru car speakers/mics. Tis a dilemma. 2020 totally different than 2019. Who knows what 2021 will be like

As to dealers, thumbs down on Santa Barbara (our closest). We bought from Keyes in Van Nuys but they play games with car washing service and nitrogen tire fill. Kind of a separate service not thru dealer but sold by dealer's employees. Just read the full price sheet and look for things not on the sticker. We bought thru Costco buying service, so that is why they tried to add all these things that Costco would not see.

We bought our previous Lexi from Escondido and they were great, then. They had none in stock when we went shopping for UX 250h. Santa Barbara tried to bait and switch us to a '19 UX 200. None of the dealers want to work with other dealers unless they had same owner. 250h too rare!.
Old 01-02-21, 07:15 AM
sjw91
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^^ Agreed. 250h is extremely rare here too.

I've spent my share of time stuck in Los Angeles traffic, so I understand wanting the hybrid. But the UX200 is worth considering too. Rated 6 mpg lower (combined) and no AWD, but it has more cargo space and it's $2k cheaper. 250h has 12 more hp, but weighs 300 lbs more, so the power-to-weight ratio is the same. The hybrid is definitely quicker right off the line, but the 0-60 times are the same. Can't go wrong with either.

Last edited by sjw91; 01-02-21 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-02-21, 10:24 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

The hybrid is great for city driving but if you're on the hwy the majority of the time, fuel-saving is minimal. I love my GS450h for that reason. Great in the city. Most of the time, it's in EV mode in traffic or when there is no load on the engine, it can stay in EV mode up to 40 mph. Not sure about the UXh though. I would test drive both. Both are great. I wanted the UXh but they were in short supply at launch.
LexHybrd31 (01-13-22)
Old 01-03-21, 02:19 PM
Tom1911
Driver School Candidate

Default Just leased 2020 ux250h 36monthsx360usDollars MSRP 39k. Nothing due at signing.

I propose to always lease vs buy. You still negotiate the purchasing price (same as when buying), but often there are better incentives on leasing. I plan to sell my 2020 ux250h in 2 years, even though I leased it for 3 years (30k miles). Yes, you can easily get a quote for your owned or leased car from carvana.com or vroom.com or carmax. I just sold my 2019 NX300 (NON-HYBRID) to vroom which I leased for 3 years, but I made 30k miles in 2 years and got bored with it. Also wanted to avoid paying for extra miles at end of lease and disposition fee. I got good deal on that previous lease also 410$x36, but had to put 2800$ MSDs upfront to lower APR. Anyway, NX was much roomier and nicer car inside, accelerated faster, but could average only 25-27mpg, i don't drive to save gas. For my needs ux250h is fine, but now I wish I had taken 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited, which would be also 360$/month. RODO app is very useful to check pricing, which i always beat later anyway.
Old 01-04-21, 03:48 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Nice to compare to the CT. I figured the UX would be peppier than the CT.

My CT is more than adequate at any speed, in any situation but does require more awareness and planning, lets say if you want to merge into faster traffic. So I imagine a UX would be a tad better.

W/ Hybrids, you can't just gun it and jump out into traffic or you'll get honked at or rear ended. That's just hybrid life. Same w/ the engine droning, compared to a normal car? Yep a hybrid will drone but honestly you shouldn't be flooring it for more than 5-10 seconds max so it's a small price to pay for 40mpg =)
+2 on this, I remember seeing you on the CT200H boards, back when I had my 2012 F Sport SE; I miss that car so much..
Old 01-16-21, 12:54 PM
bibio7000
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay73
Hello Everyone,

First time posting here. My wife is currently looking for a new car. At the moment she drives a 2010 Nissan Cube (coming close to 11 years and just slightly over 100K miles) but now wants to move up to something nice.
She really like's the Mini Coopers and I do too but reliability is my biggest concern for her. I don't want her stranded on the side of the road.

So after researching some different vehicles (entry level Audi, MB and Volvo SUV's), I came across the Lexus UX, which I feel would probably be the perfect fit for her and would be much more reliable then the German counterparts or at least have a better chance at reliability compared to them.

I have a few comments and a question regarding the UX.

Question:

So far I have seen many video's on the UX on YouTube and my only real concern is that is that when on the highway/freeway or any road where you really have to get into the acceleration, the Tach seems to stay at the higher RPM's and it sounded like it really drones and stays there until you left off the accelerator pedal. Is that really the case? In the video's, it sounded kind of annoying, especially with the fake engine sounds.

For those of you who have the hybrid version, do you feel it has enough power for passing at highway speeds?

My wife does not drive on the freeways, so it probably wouldn't be a concern for her. Just for me, when I am driving it.

Any feedback on this question would be appreciated it.

Comments:

1) We have not seen the UX in person just yet. I have only seen pics and video's. Literally just started researching this Lexus a couple of days ago. The interior definitely looks nice. But I feel it would have been awesome if it had some ambient lighting, at least for the footwells. If we get it, might have to have some LED's installed in the footwells to give it just a little more snazziness.

2) It's too bad that you can't have the Triple Beam Headlights with the FX Sport Package. Lexus should have made that an option.

3) I am actually happy to see that it does have a CD Player. I am probably one of the few people who still uses CD's.

We probably won't be getting the wife a new car until spring, so I hope there might be some news as to what the changes might be for the 2022 model year by then. Since the UX has already been out for 3 model years, I feel 2022 might bring some refresh changes and I am hoping there might be some news of a power bump. Seems like, another 20HP could make a good difference.

Well that is all I have for now. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I really feel the UX will be the one we end up purchasing in the near future.

Thanks

Jay
Hello there,
Do not waste your money on a regular UX...It is much better to take the 2021 UX250H.If you can get the F-Sport,it is would be the best choice, however it is not easy to find one.I just got 2 of these(one for my wife and for),but regular UX250H.I know it is not a car for man, however i do NOT care.I pay only $70 insurance for a new lease car,which is super cheap for Florida.I can drive for a month spending only $25 for gas for the entire month.My wife had a CT200H for 3 years and we changed the oil once(well twice, since the 1st was free) and that was the entire maintenance.... for all 3 years.$50 for oil change for 3 years!Name even 1 car on the market that you can spend only $50 for 3 years? Well gas is gas(which was not much either) but regardless that was the best car we ever had in 30 years.
LexHybrd31 (01-13-22)