UX Models (2019-present)

Non-configurable triple beams headlights on UX250H Fsport?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-21, 09:43 PM
kevincontr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-configurable triple beams headlights on UX250H Fsport?

Hey Guys, New to the forum. Does anyone know why you can’t configure the UX250H Fsport with triple beam headlights? That seams so odd.
Is it possible to order the triple beam headlights OEM and install them yourself?
Old 05-10-21, 06:17 PM
LoganNolag
Driver School Candidate

I have this question as well. I've asked several of my local dealerships and it seems like in the US only the base model and luxury trims can be configured with the Triple Beam headlights.
Old 06-01-21, 08:07 PM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Good luck getting any UX with luxury trim and with triple beam LEDs - got a good friend working for Lexus who said there isn't one available anywhere in the Continental US as of today. Not sure if it's due to chip shortage or Lexus not wanting to bring fully decked-out UX to USA (or both), but it's gotten to the point of why even bother getting a Lexus when you can have a "lesser" brand small crossover with just about all the features the base UX has for a lot less $$$. Lexus has definitely lost its touch with US customer - they're competing with Toyota on price rather than trying to bring fully loaded cars to compete with Audi/BMW and others...literally 80% of UX today lack Navigation system, while nearly all Audi Q3 are shipped with Navi, panorama monitors, full LEDs, power folding mirrors and other goodies. Looked today for Q3 at local Dallas dealer - 28 in stock with plenty top-of-the-line trims...looked for UX - 3 in stock and all strippers.
Old 06-01-21, 08:10 PM
LoganNolag
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vlad6525
Good luck getting any UX with luxury trim and with triple beam LEDs - got a good friend working for Lexus who said there isn't one available anywhere in the Continental US as of today. Not sure if it's due to chip shortage or Lexus not wanting to bring fully decked-out UX to USA (or both), but it's gotten to the point of why even bother getting a Lexus when you can have a "lesser" brand small crossover with just about all the features the base UX has for a lot less $$$. Lexus has definitely lost its touch with US customer - they're competing with Toyota on price rather than trying to bring fully loaded cars to compete with Audi/BMW and others...literally 80% of UX today lack Navigation system, while nearly all Audi Q3 are shipped with Navi, panorama monitors, full LEDs, power folding mirrors and other goodies. Looked today for Q3 at local Dallas dealer - 28 in stock with plenty top-of-the-line trims...looked for UX - 3 in stock and all strippers.
Yeah. I ended up calling a bunch of dealers and they were less than helpful. After a week of phone/email tag I finally learned that the only way to get a fully loaded UX was to custom order one and that it would take 3 - 6 months or more. I ended up ordering a Tesla Model Y. It's a bit more expensive, has even fewer features, and isn't as well made but I was able to order exactly the configuration I wanted and it's all electric. I haven't gotten it yet but my estimated delivery date is sometime this month. I really wanted a Lexus but the dealers and ordering process made it impossible for me to get one.