UX Models (2019-present)

Does anyone have Wireless illuminated vent controls

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-22, 03:39 AM
DavidUX
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Does anyone have Wireless illuminated vent controls

I had custom ordered my UX and they somehow left this option off and to this day I’m still bothered by it. It’s the Wireless illuminated vent controls. On Luxury-grade models, illuminated vent controls house a wireless LED light source powered by electrical induction. This advanced yet elegant detail helps the driver or front seat passenger find the vent control in the dark. Additionally, it also creates a comforting sense of depth, even though the illuminated **** is only 3 mm in diameter. I’ve been wanting to add it but I can’t find the part number or even an overview of it. Did anyone get it?

Old 06-27-22, 05:37 AM
MusicDrive
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chip shortages?
Old 06-27-22, 06:02 AM
DavidUX
10th Gear

Default This was before the pandemic.

Just curious if anyone has them and might able to provide a part number or photos. My Lexus dealership is very resistant to giving me the part number.
Old 06-28-22, 12:13 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidUX
Just curious if anyone has them and might able to provide a part number or photos. My Lexus dealership is very resistant to giving me the part number.
If you can't get it, I'll get it for you from my SA.
The following users liked this post:
DavidUX (06-28-22)
Old 06-28-22, 12:19 PM
DavidUX
10th Gear

Originally Posted by tofuprod
If you can't get it, I'll get it for you from my SA.
Definitely appreciate anything you can do to get that part number I’ve ordered a few items from Japan that weren’t available here in the US and it’s always bothered me that when I did my custom order the dealership left that out even though that was one of the things I really wanted
Old 06-28-22, 01:50 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

No problem - I just pinged him in the meantime, he'll search around and get back to me within a day or two. I don't get why your dealership won't give you a part number, when I got my 2022 Lexus UX (factory painted) wheel arches ordered and installed on my 2019, this was literally just as the new 2022 models were coming out, he was still able to source the part number even if I decided to order and install it myself. Lexus still profits either way.

Anyways, I'll keep you posted shortly, they do look nice.
Old 06-28-22, 02:15 PM
DavidUX
10th Gear

No problem - I just pinged him in the meantime, he'll search around and get back to me within a day or two. I don't get why your dealership won't give you a part number, when I got my 2022 Lexus UX (factory painted) wheel arches ordered and installed on my 2019, this was literally just as the new 2022 models were coming out, he was still able to source the part number even if I decided to order and install it myself. Lexus still profits either way.

Anyways, I'll keep you posted shortly, they do look nice.

Appreciate it, I turned in my CT back in 2019 and the UX had just come out but they had such barebones models at the dealership. I just wasn’t excited about it. I wanted the obsidian black and the Navi and HUD not one dealership had it in stock. So they convinced me to lengthen my lease and I order everything available: Roof rails and all, 3 months later I was the first ( in California) to receive a custom order UX250h. I was so excited, it took me two days to realize they had omitted the vent lights. I asked if it could be installed after; they told me they would look into it. Of course never responded. I followed up recently because I had ordered the door bowl lights from Japan. I called several times and they tried to convince me it was never offered despite my order sheet and email confirmations. Anyway would appreciate if it’s a part number or even availablity.
The following users liked this post:
CALtd (06-28-22)

Trending Topics

Old 06-29-22, 08:38 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Appreciate it, I turned in my CT back in 2019 and the UX had just come out but they had such barebones models at the dealership. I just wasn’t excited about it. I wanted the obsidian black and the Navi and HUD not one dealership had it in stock. So they convinced me to lengthen my lease and I order everything available: Roof rails and all, 3 months later I was the first ( in California) to receive a custom order UX250h. I was so excited, it took me two days to realize they had omitted the vent lights. I asked if it could be installed after; they told me they would look into it. Of course never responded. I followed up recently because I had ordered the door bowl lights from Japan. I called several times and they tried to convince me it was never offered despite my order sheet and email confirmations. Anyway would appreciate if it’s a part number or even availablity.
It can definitely be installed, it's not like headlights that require a whole new harness. A lot of items inside the UX can already be 'attached'.

For example. My car did not come with illuminated door sills, but I ordered them separately and had them installed, without issue, it was plug and play. According to my SA, a lot of these cars are now prewired so that if accessories are ordered, it can be just PnP, without needing to change out whole harness(es) etc.

Seems like your dealership doesn't want business, what a shame. Glad to see you're still being proactive and doing what you want. It's all possible, if it's available - it's available, it may not always be region by region, but it doesn't mean you cannot obtain it. If your dealership doesn't want to earn some coin with you wanting to give them business, that's their loss. Either they don't like or want money, or are lazy.

I'll keep you posted, my SA said he will get back to me today or tomorrow latest on this.
Old 06-29-22, 09:09 AM
gnuels
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts-...html?pnc=55961

55405-76020 is probably what you want?
FYI I have no idea if that's the only piece you need, but this seems like a start.

Last edited by gnuels; 06-29-22 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-29-22, 09:27 AM
DavidUX
10th Gear

Originally Posted by gnuels
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts-...html?pnc=55961

55405-76020 is probably what you want?
FYI I have no idea if that's the only piece you need, but this seems like a start.
oh my goodness you are a godsend! Thank you!
Old 06-30-22, 10:32 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

David/OP

Confirming what Gnuels told me - that's what they/my SA advised though they also added this feature "may" not have been a USD market and more for the APAC regions so it's hard to confirm with them.

Hope this helps, somewhat.
Old 06-30-22, 10:50 AM
gnuels
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just as a data point, this feature is in my car - 2019 250h w/ Luxury package in Canada.
Old 06-30-22, 11:39 AM
DavidUX
10th Gear

David/OP

Confirming what Gnuels told me - that's what they/my SA advised though they also added this feature "may" not have been a USD market and more for the APAC regions so it's hard to confirm with them.

Hope this helps, somewhat.

Hey 👋🏾
I love this forum! So helpful. I went to the dealership yesterday with the part number. They quoted me an outrageous $788 for the part. Just the center console, but ended up talking to a nice guy there who pulled up the diagram of the part. We couldn’t tell if it had the LED’s because there was no wiring. He’s gonna reach out to his operations team and get clarification. I’m just annoyed because I’ve never even seen it in real life and when I ordered my UX; I waited 97 days and opted for every option with the exception of the triple beam headlights I learned that lesson from my mom’s RX with a rock chip in Seattle. I might go with an aftermarket solution.
Old 06-27-23, 05:48 PM
Kato23UX
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thought I’d look into this some more.

How they work.

Took the drivers side console panel off to see if all of these cars are pre-wired for these fancy vent *****. What I found while digging in there,

Random white plug with blue and white wires plugged into the console panel.

Random white plug with blue and white wires.

That white plug is only held in place in the side panel.

So there’s nothing around my vents that would look like something to create the wireless charge to the vent. So that leads me to believe I’d need to replace the entire vent and not just the *****. Why they were $788 as mentioned above.

Curious for those that have them in their UX already, if this white plug goes into your vent?
Old 09-08-23, 01:38 PM
Sheri1506
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh my goodness you are a godsend! Thank you!
Hi, did one of these parts work to upgrade the ***** with lights?