VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled? Post here and get expert opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-06, 09:03 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) Post up a picture(s) of your car (be sure to give good profiles of the wheel fittment and stance) and tell us:
2) Do you think it's VIP? Nope. A little VIPstyle with the wheel fitment, stance thanks to many of the people on vipstylecars for advice.
3) What VIP components do you have on the car? Wheels, puddle lights, dual Apexi exhaust.
5) Do you want advise or input on any planned VIP mods? No mods planned. The project is basically complete. I had a 92 Mazda 929 with some VIPstyle before and then came across this SC for a good price. I would really like to start a new VIP project on a new platform. I'd like to start a new platform like and F50 or Y34!

Old 09-04-06, 09:09 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn your car looks hella VIP to me.. those wheels are just insane!
Old 09-06-06, 01:59 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, my goal is to have my car VIP. For now I've done what ever mods I could get my hands on fast I know my name states VIP, but you gotta start somewhere right?!

Current Mods:
Front: 19x8.5 Jaz Version 1 wheels wrapped with brand new 225/35/19 Toyo Proxy4 tires (stretched) w/7mm spacer
Rear: 19x9.5 rear Jaz Version 1 wheels wrapped with brand new 245/35/19 Toyo Proxy4 tires (stretched)
Tanabe Sustec Pro adj. suspension
Clarion In-dash touch screen (came out of my previous car)
JL Audio 12" W3 Version 2 in DB Gain box
JL Audio 500/1 Amp
Voodoo 1.5 Fared cap
Optima Gold top battery
2001+Tails

Mods in the works:
Toyota Windows visors
Toyota Chrome door handles
Toyota Chrome trunk bar
Blitz or Tananbe exhaust system
Mirrors w/blinkers and door light
Rear Passenger tables
Lexus Black emblem kit
OEM woodgrain steering wheel and shift ****
Removal or OEM wing
Roll and stretch my fenders
Lower the car more (ALOT more )
L sportline rear roof spoiler

2 months ago (when first purchased)

Here is what she looks like as of now...

Old 09-06-06, 03:35 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

SoCal_VIP - I think as soon as you lower your car more, you are going to realize that your wheels and going to come short of having a flush fitment. So, you might need to include a new set of wheels on your future mods.
Old 09-06-06, 04:52 PM
XK-Y33
Banned for repeatedly violating vendor sales rules on our forum

Originally Posted by beez43

I believe that I have been shooting for the VIP look and somewhat succeeded.. although the rims I could not do much about since these were the first set of these wheels here in the US and Work asked for a lot of money just to make custom offsets which was wack.. anyhow, I achieved what I was going for and although this is always a working process, (only need a rear bumper) and then im finished.. Suggestions or opinions?

alburrito... you're a ***!!!!

nah, seriously, take care up in korea bro... hit me up so we can go clubbing at the "W"... chilled crown & coke time man, we needs to talk about a lot of ****. btw, your gs is safe and sound, i drifted it up your prkg garage following the car show... SUCKAH!!!
Old 09-06-06, 05:07 PM
XK-Y33
Banned for repeatedly violating vendor sales rules on our forum

alright fellahs, i usually don't post on clublexus.com coz' i'm more of a audiworld or audizine guy, but vipstylecars.com is down so i will take refuge in CL for the time-being so do bear with me... i thought this post was interesting so i will respectfully participate.... alright, here it goes...

1) Post up a picture(s) of your car (be sure to give good profiles of the wheel fittment and stance) and tell us:

2) Do you think it's VIP?

I think it's more VIP-styled. It's not a RHD. It's not JDM-spec'd. But it's got a flavor of JDM-VIPness in it and I am very happy with the outcome of this 3-month build projekt.

3) What VIP components do you have on the car?

Owner:
Mike Chen
Kaneohe, Hawaii

Vehicle:
Osbidian Black Metallic 1999 Infiniti Q45t on Black Leather

Engine:
4.1L V8 DOHC motor w/SMFI technology, K&N cold air filter (direct replacement); Spec-D Tuning VIP muffler w/42mm oval stainless polished tip

Exterior:
Mode Parfume full aero kit (front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper), Mode Parfume LED winker set (front), Mode Parfume LED winker set (rear) hardwired to brakelamps; Mode Parfume chrome trim kit, Mode Parfume Stylish Series H11 foglamps; Aimgain rear mirror LED winkers, Vistoso VIP CAR undercarriage puddle lamps

Suspension:
Air Runner air suspension system, custom-mounted PSI meters in ashtray,
4-switch DIN custom-mounted in flip-open drink holder compartment, custom mounted air tank w/XK seal insignia, custom mounted compressor

Interior/Audio/Video:
PYLE 6.5-inch swivel fold-out monitor, PYLE DVD/MP3/CD-R/CD-RW/WMA player, Performance Technique 7-inch headrest LCDs (custom mounted in front and rear headrests), Audiobahn 10-inch amplified subwoofer; Junction Produce KIKU white medium Fusa, Junction Produce white Kitsuna; Viroso Japan window curtains (front & rear windows), Viroso Japan blue LEDs custom-mounted in headliner, white Viroso KIKU knot curtain holders; custom burled-wood interior panels (HVAC, AC vents, dash, etc.), Anceltion Y33 Cima custom burlwood window VIP tables

Brakes/Wheels/Tires:
(for daily use)
Maya RT5/Trafficstar RTS by Riverside Co., Ltd.-Japan
19"x9.5" (front; 29mm offset) chrome; 19"x10.5" (rear; 29mm offset) chrome
KICS Japan +10mm spacer (front); KICS Japan +20mm spacer (rear)
Dunlop Sportmaxx 225-35ZR-19 (front); Dunlop Direzza 265-30ZR-19 (rear)

(for car shows/display use)
Maya RT5/Trafficstar RTS by Riverside Co., Ltd.-Japan
19"x9" (front; +14mm offset) silver; 19"x10" (rear; +4mm offset) silver
Dunlop Sportmaxx 225-35ZR-19 (front); Dunlop Direzza 265-30ZR-19 (rear)

4) What additional VIP lifestyle Items do you want to be considered?

TOO MUCH TO MENTION. I admire how these dudes in Japan can spend $50000 USD on car stereos, redo they interiors and dump thousands and thousands of dollars into they whips... everytime I read the VIPCar and other mags I gawk at how much time, effort and money enthusiasts dump into their works of art.

5) Do you want advise or input on any planned VIP mods?

Build cars that are unique, individualistic and are an extension of who you are and what your style is. "In a lifetime of infinite roads to take, Never Follow."
Old 09-06-06, 05:11 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
SoCal_VIP - I think as soon as you lower your car more, you are going to realize that your wheels and going to come short of having a flush fitment. So, you might need to include a new set of wheels on your future mods.
Thanks for the suggestions V8_Aristo. I wanted to get a set of AME Shallen AX's but said screw it for now and went with these cheap Jaz wheels I think after I get all the little acc. that I listed I'll get the wheels replaced. Thanks and I wondered if my wheels would sink in when I lower it more.

BTW I love your car!
Old 10-18-06, 01:47 PM
UCF20
Pole Position

2) Do you think it's VIP?
3) What VIP components do you have on the car?
4) What additional VIP lifestyle Items do you want to be considered?
5) Do you want advise or input on any planned VIP mods?

1.)

2.) In my opinion, i think its very vip influenced and isnt very practical to drive anymore although it looks great.

3.) hmm vip components..
wald coilovers
rays arthur exhange lk 19x9 +30 19x10 +30
stretched falken fk452 225 35 19 and st115 235 35 19
red clear tails and admiration tailight covers
garson style mufflers
eclipse avn 5495 (dunno if this counts but its nice )

4.) in the future, im looking to add an inspection grill, and a wing, dont know which one yet. im DEFINITELY putting in 15mm spacers ASAP because right now the fitment looks weak! If i do go air in the future, i will change to more aggressive wheels and a kit. something along the lines of 19x9, 19x10 +10 or so.

SO FAR, i love the car but its just becoming less and less practical to drive. i mean the for sake of myself, i scratch my mufflers everytime on my driveway no matter how sideways i go, i think i will raise it about 1/3 inch in the back to clear it haha. but anyhow, driving some stretched *** tires aint too comfortable either.

let me know what you guys think

oh and i must thank LEXKOST for helping so much with the car, from bumper cutouts to retro lightnings, hes the man.
Old 10-18-06, 03:01 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't quite seem to understand this thread...

I figured thisi thread would host CL rides that were VIPstyled but mainly just some above average cars with mild fitment (modded cars you see throughout this forum and all over the streets). Hope somebody understands what I'm trying to say.

I know I don't have a VIP platform but mods are in the works for something ancestral to the VIP style with aggressive rim fitment, deep lip and some air suspension slamming.

But in the end it's just a wannabe VIP sport coupe...

I'd like to see some ls430's post in here.
Old 10-19-06, 06:03 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
I don't quite seem to understand this thread...

I figured thisi thread would host CL rides that were VIPstyled but mainly just some above average cars with mild fitment (modded cars you see throughout this forum and all over the streets). Hope somebody understands what I'm trying to say.
Lol, then I guess you've just been looking at the pictures and not reading the words

The purpose of this thread is to be educational to those who may aspire to change their car to VIPStyle or simply to just better understand the components. It is not a 'show off your VIP ride' thread.... it's to help clear up misconceptions about what is VIP and what is not.

I'd hoped that some of the "VIP Experts" on CL would chip in more than they have to explain what its all about.
Old 10-19-06, 06:35 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Well I hope I'm going that way you be the judge
Attached Thumbnails Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled?  Post here and get expert opinions-img9479rjw8.jpg  
Old 10-19-06, 06:37 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Attached Thumbnails Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled?  Post here and get expert opinions-img9475rpb6.jpg  
Old 10-19-06, 06:39 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Just a nice clean VIP style
Attached Thumbnails Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled?  Post here and get expert opinions-picture054.jpg  
Old 10-19-06, 06:40 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Please tell me what u think
Attached Thumbnails Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled?  Post here and get expert opinions-picture056.jpg  
Old 10-19-06, 06:42 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Attached Thumbnails Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled?  Post here and get expert opinions-gs-bbk-and-wheels-009.jpg  

Quick Reply: Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled? Post here and get expert opinions