VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled? Post here and get expert opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-07 | 12:48 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Things I would change If i wanted to go VIP on the GS

Originally Posted by Aristo300
02 Black on Black GS300
RMM full body kit+grille (this, aggressive bulkier body kit)
Stock wing
JDM style roof spoiler
HID headlights/fogs
Tein CS (this, you need to go lower than what CS can provide)
MRR 20" staggered black GT1's, 4" rear lips (this, lip doesn't mean you are VIP...ya gotta be wide and flush)
Will have very tight will fitment, going with a 245/30/20 up front
Aristo badging

opinions?
main importance of VIP styling would be the rim fitment and the low stance.

good luck
Old 01-09-07 | 07:29 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
Not to offend anybody, but I think a lot of people are missing the mark when it comes to getting the stance and wheels fitment right.

I very big part of VIPstyle is getting the right stance and wheel fitment, just think of it as a custom suit built for your car. Sure you can buy one off the rack, but it just doesn't fit like it's "tailor made".
I agree... its not just how much lip you have, its how flush your lip is when its low...
Old 01-09-07 | 08:33 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Not to offend anybody, but I think a lot of people are missing the mark when it comes to getting the stance and wheels fitment right.

I very big part of VIPstyle is getting the right stance and wheel fitment, just think of it as a custom suit built for your car. Sure you can buy one off the rack, but it just doesn't fit like it's "tailor made".

Its one characteristic, but not the only one. I think some enthusiasts put too much emphasis on wheel fitment where a stock VIP chassis with no kit, no audio, no mods, has flush wheels and is dropped is considered VIPstyle.

How do we decide what VIPstyle is....the number of "qualified" mods....and who determines that?
Old 01-09-07 | 12:20 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Oh well, mine will be conservative VIP, I'm making a new trend, hah
Old 06-30-08 | 01:17 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

theVIP car can be put together on a checklist. 1.slammed on coilovers or air suspension( I think coilovers are better bec the car is slammed all of the time) 2.20's. 3. jdm visors.4. exhaust.5. roof spoiler.6. wondow curtains.7. body kit ( not 100 percent neccesary) . All of the cars that anyone can or will call VIP have at least 5 of the 7 on the checklist. VIP is cool but you dont get alot of variety in style or even cars for that matter bec most ViP freaks know only a handful of large japanese sedans can even be called VIP (bippu)
Old 06-30-08 | 09:01 AM
chrispy

So you bumped a thread from 2007 to tell us what you don't know about VIP style? It's fitment and stance first, don't worry so much about the knick knacks like visors and curtains.
Old 06-30-08 | 10:35 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by MrMark
Its one characteristic, but not the only one. I think some enthusiasts put too much emphasis on wheel fitment where a stock VIP chassis with no kit, no audio, no mods, has flush wheels and is dropped is considered VIPstyle.

How do we decide what VIPstyle is....the number of "qualified" mods....and who determines that?
You just did with your previous paragraph and by that statement, it means that everyone w/ wheels and a drop you consider VIPstyle.
Old 06-30-08 | 04:23 PM
golfkid777
Lexus Test Driver

There's a definition now? I find that funny. Last I checked most 'VIP Styled' cars out of japan dont follow any specific mold AT ALL.....
Old 06-30-08 | 05:51 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

it is funny reading my own words from 2 years ago...

My LS mods are coming together.
Old 06-30-08 | 11:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chrispy
So you bumped a thread from 2007 to tell us what you don't know about VIP style? It's fitment and stance first, don't worry so much about the knick knacks like visors and curtains.
what I am trying to emphasize is how boring the vip thing can be after a while. Give me a break man. all VIP cars have the same mods. All of the ones that I listed. Theere is not alot of variance in this scene. You have limited number of cars that qualify and very limited number of mainly cosmetic mods. I hate some members try to front on others to reduce their own insecurities about " is my car vip" . Trust me play boy I dont need to be told what VIP is. To be totally honest even most people on the VIP forum dont know exactly what it is.
Old 06-30-08 | 11:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by golfkid777
There's a definition now? I find that funny. Last I checked most 'VIP Styled' cars out of japan dont follow any specific mold AT ALL.....
are you kidding. Its a total checklist kind of deal. They are all the same generally. low and wide. just a few models actually qualify, and they all have the same mods man( air suspensions, exhaust, 20's,and the random fusa knot and curtains. you also see the standard body kits ( job design, juction produce, aimgain, fabulous) Dont kid yourself . They all follow a mold. If they dont guys like you would tell them its not VIP enough. Thats the prob with the VIP scene in my mind. You guys are always telling each other that your cars are not VIP and that the other guy doesnt know what VIP is. If you are not yakuza then you dont really know what VIP is I guess
Old 06-30-08 | 11:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I need to know if mine will be VIP or not, as I'm wanting to use VIP on my tag, and I don't want to be mislabeling.

02 Black on Black GS300
RMM full body kit+grille
Stock wing
JDM style roof spoiler
HID headlights/fogs
Tein CS
MRR 20" staggered black GT1's, 4" rear lips
Will have very tight will fitment, going with a 245/30/20 up front
Aristo badging

opinions?
Originally Posted by EXE.UCF10
Widths and offsets of the wheels would help, but it's more than likely that it will not be considered VIP.
Originally Posted by G Star
Things I would change If i wanted to go VIP on the GS

main importance of VIP styling would be the rim fitment and the low stance.

good luck
Originally Posted by speedaddic
I agree... its not just how much lip you have, its how flush your lip is when its low...
Originally Posted by MrMark

You just did with your previous paragraph and by that statement, it means that everyone w/ wheels and a drop you consider VIPstyle.
Originally Posted by chrispy
Oh well, mine will be conservative VIP, I'm making a new trend, hah

see what I mean
you guys cant decide yourself let alone to talk crap to another person to make yourself feel better.

PS check out the list of mods at the top. Id say its pretty similar to my checklist. all the same mods, just from different companies. when you have only 4 models in the USA that are even allowed by the fanatics to be called VIP( LS,GS,M,and Q) the scene can get repetetive quickly. by the way even the huge tuner mags in the US dont know what VIP is. They write articles about nissan 240's that are VIP. so dont be so insecure. Its all VIP baby IMO the only diffence between the dub scene and the VIP scene are the models that are allowed to be called VIP and the lack of hardcore performance mods generally

Last edited by I8ABMR; 06-30-08 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-30-08 | 11:33 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
see what I mean
you guys cant decide yourself let alone to talk crap to another person to make yourself feel better.
so... is your car VIP? I'm just a lowly VIPStyle car and would love for you to teach me all about VIP. You can see pics of my car in my sig and tell me if im doing it right.

*edit* oops not if 'i'm' doing it right but REV-01 since he is the one who i have working on my car.
Old 07-01-08 | 12:22 AM
chrispy

The DUB cars I see around town all have big chrome 1 piece cast wheels and high offsets. They're not lowered, they have Pep Boys fender vents, chrome pillars, smoked tails, big chrome grills, etc. To me it's the opposite of VIP style. They have emphasis on wheel diameter and lip size, and VIP has emphasis on wheel fitment and stance. Please don't confuse the two.
Old 07-01-08 | 12:29 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

fitment and stance is the key, and it's hard to make it right.

Quick Reply: Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled? Post here and get expert opinions