VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Anyone ever thought of...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-06, 08:37 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever thought of...

Starting a US VIP magazine? I know the VIP scene is still small so maybe a VIP 'style' magazine that incorporates all VIP 'styled' cars, of course cars worthy of coverage. I was wondering, since I was at Borders the other day and noticed soo many new magazines (I've been out of the loop for a while on magazines) out there regarding the import scene. I'd be willing to 'maybe' look into starting something up of that nature, I know interest in the magazine is something of a risk but thats what its all about.

What do you guys think?!
Old 10-16-06, 08:45 PM
mvallido
Pole Position

I would love to pick up that kind of magazine so NOOB like me can learn a lot more. Been a subscriber of European Car for quite so time now.
Old 10-16-06, 10:11 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

mvallido got your email bro. I understand, I was thinking of keeping them anyways haah. But if you change your mind just let me know, I'll give you a call the next time I visit my dad.
Old 10-19-06, 06:59 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything with a car sells
Old 10-19-06, 08:21 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had talks with VIP CAR about starting a US mag. They were interested.
Old 10-19-06, 02:09 PM
cesofd
Rookie

but do you really think it would sell?
Old 10-22-06, 06:22 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

Shiz i would
Old 10-24-06, 06:54 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

I think it would sell. If you think about it who really knows about VIP 'style' and better yet TRUE VIP?! Only a hand full, it would bring a fresh new look and flavor to the scene. Better sooner then later, why? Before all these wannabes and B.O.B's start catching on and VIP styling Mazda 626's or a 4 door civic labeled VIP (dont get me wrong I'm not hatting just being honest). Someone needs to get it out there and show the import scene and car scene in gereal what its about and the history of it. The story of how VIP came about is very interesting. I know I sat and read everything about how it started that I could find.

I hang out with a very diverse car group. Everyone has a appreciation for every car and see its true purpose. Some of them own Camaro SS's or Saleen Mustangs to Porsche GT3's to Ferrari 360's all the way to RSX turbos and some Tacoma guys. Everytime I come around they always ask to see the VIP magazine and say how they would give up their sports cars that they have worked hard on or worked hard to buy to do one up. Or have future plans of purchasing a VIP specific model and doing it up.

I honestly think it would be huge hit!
Old 10-24-06, 07:09 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by most_faded
but do you really think it would sell?
fo sure.

the industry needs a new jump start for something new. People need a new reason to waste (or shall I say spend) their money .

VIP style is already a big thing in japan and in hawaii. It generates money with everything from fusa's, cigarette lighters, body kits, chrome trimmings, mirror housings, window curtains, tables, lights, lug nuts, wheels, etc, etc, and of course MAGAZINES .
Old 10-24-06, 07:30 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikemareen
fo sure.

the industry needs a new jump start for something new. People need a new reason to waste (or shall I say spend) their money .

VIP style is already a big thing in japan and in hawaii. It generates money with everything from fusa's, cigarette lighters, body kits, chrome trimmings, mirror housings, window curtains, tables, lights, lug nuts, wheels, etc, etc, and of course MAGAZINES .
Very well said. 90% of the styles in the import industry derived from Japan, we basically copied alot of their styles. All the styles we have copied have been in Japan for YEARS!!! First it was the import scene in general, it blew up then came the JDM theme it blew up as well. Next was drifting and look at its popularity in the States now. VIP has been in Japan for years and years, its time it crossed the sea's to the fullest extent.

THe States has always added its 2 cents on themes. Such as headlight conversions, engine swaps, front end conversions etc etc. I'm sure when VIP becomes more mainstream there will definetly be the vip 'STYLE' cars. Like others said before in a previous thread, don't be suprised when you see on the cover of DUB magazine a ESCALADE with 26" wheels and deep lip labled 'VIP STYLE' or on the cover of one of the import magazines a civic or integra sedan with deep lip wheels and mad camber labled 'one VIP hONDA' Don't get me wrong I'm sure you can vip 'style' ALOT of other cars other ours and the other select models and it would look bad ***. But like I said just be ready for the 'styled' rides.
Old 10-24-06, 07:39 PM
beez43
Pole Position

i wouldnt necessarily say its that big in hawaii just yet.. but yes it is catching on pretty damn quick.. i thought theres a lot more out there in cali no?
Old 10-24-06, 08:08 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by beez43
i wouldnt necessarily say its that big in hawaii just yet.. but yes it is catching on pretty damn quick.. i thought theres a lot more out there in cali no?
Cali yes....other areas.....not much.

I drive every week up and down the northeast from NYC to Virgina and I rarely, I mean rarely see a VIP style car. I've never seen a real hardcore VIP car anywhere around here.....
Old 10-25-06, 03:24 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything is always big in California because of the resources. Just like when the Import racing scene or Import scene in general started. Cali got all the attention. Hawaii is always never far behind, but always overlooked. Hawaii is always exposed to Japanese cultures because of the large family and business ties we have with Japan. The exposure in Hawaii is always very early, but the explosion is never like California because of our limmited resources and the simple cost of living down here. That said though when it takes off it really takes off. Even Eurosport is turning into a VIP style car shop now.

That said, I welcome any new magazine that exposes VIP scene, but somehow I think an American VIP magazine would be more EXE style of DUB style than real VIP style.
Old 10-25-06, 08:44 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Everything is always big in California because of the resources. Just like when the Import racing scene or Import scene in general started. Cali got all the attention. Hawaii is always never far behind, but always overlooked. Hawaii is always exposed to Japanese cultures because of the large family and business ties we have with Japan. The exposure in Hawaii is always very early, but the explosion is never like California because of our limmited resources and the simple cost of living down here. That said though when it takes off it really takes off. Even Eurosport is turning into a VIP style car shop now.

That said, I welcome any new magazine that exposes VIP scene, but somehow I think an American VIP magazine would be more EXE style of DUB style than real VIP style.
if anything, VIP style trend has to be everything that DUB style is NOT.

you have DUB magazine, you have HOT ROD magazine, you have LOWRIDER magzine, why not VIPstyle magazine?
Old 10-25-06, 04:19 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

subscribe me for 10 years!!!

so I don't have to ask my friend to bring to me every time he went back to Japan!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone ever thought of...